Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 06:35 PM        Rubin and Ed
Needs to be on DVD NOW.

Howard Hessman plays a down-on-his-luck multi-level salesman, who needs to recruit somebody for a seminar. This is the titular Ed.

Crispin Glover plays a reclusive weirdo who lives in his mother's hotel. He mourns the death of his cat (which he keeps in his freezer) by playing loud, sad music, and dancing around with a squeeky mouse toy. His mother is fed up with this, and takes away his boombox, telling him he won't get it back untill he goes out and makes a friend. These are the circumstances under which these two meet.

Ed is so desperate to get Rubin to go to this seminar, so when Rubin asks Ed to take him to the desert so he can bury his dead cat, he agrees. So most of the movie takes place in the desert, Rubin and Ed wandering around with a dead cat in a cooler.

The character of Rubin is somewhat based on his Letterman appearance where he almost kicked Dave in the head. Rubin wears platform shoes and can kick really well.

This video is somewhat hard to find; It came out on VHS for rental markets, but was never priced to own. I have a screener version, so every 20 minutes a disclaimer comes up saying "PROPERTY OF COLUMBIA TRISTAR H V DUPLICATION, SALE, OR RENTAL OF THIS VIDEO IS PROHIBITED" I have had this video for a few years and I'm watching it probably for the first time since I first got it. It is a fantastic movie and really should be on DVD. If anybody here finds it, GET IT.

Has anybody here ever seen it?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 04:53 AM       
I guess not.

huond is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM       
argh jerk, when i saw you replied to yourself i thought it was gonna be u announcing a dvd or something. ive heard a ton about this on other boards since you created this thread.