Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM       
So what, you get like 70 cents for each sale? That's not bad at all. Is it online yet?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 07:20 PM       
it's still in peer review because the foreign language versions aren't getting reviewed. ms has a really stupid process for getting indie games released where you have to get other indie guys to voluntarily review your game. it takes about a month in english, but the other language versions are kinda at the mercy of the handful of foreigners they've got.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM       
What if people can speak other languages?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 25th, 2011, 09:47 PM       
What if people can do convincing accents?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 12:04 AM       
you can "pass" a game in multiple languages, but you're assuring MS that you are fluent in all the languages you pass a game in

so most people only pass in english
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 03:37 AM       
Can someone review Chojin's Game and tell me if it's worth my cash. Also, is there anywhere I can pirate this?
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM       
So what kind of publicity are you hoping to get for your game? Are you planning to shop this around to all the various indie websites?
was never good
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM       
i was going to use the free adsense credit i got with my godaddy domain to put up some targeted banners, maybe see if the various cyberpunk communities would want to link to it. i'd like to shop it to io9 also.

i'm also going to pitch it to Steam with an extra multiplayer mode and maybe some more content in the single player.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM       
GET IN ON THAT INDIE BUNDLE ACTION, HOMIE
Level 29 ♂
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM       
How the fuck does shit like Baby Maker Extreme 8.0 get into the top rated XBLIGs and yet I have to wait a month for Chojin's Game
was never good
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM       
now one of their forum mods is being shitty because i had the gall to ask people to peer review my game after it's been stuck at 85% for 2 weeks. STOP BEGGING, GAWD, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES THAT AREN'T WRITTEN ANYWHERE.

i hate volunteer mods with all of my hate

on other forums

*fucking wow, this douchelord has a sig asking people if he should write a book with links to two separate threads about it. STOP BEGGING FOR VALIDATION OF YOUR EXISTENCE ASSFACE
was never good
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM       
well anyway because apphub's peer review system was designed by a chimp, I'm actually going to have to remove support for other languages to get the game approved. then i guess i'll make a patch that supports the 4 other languages and let it sit in approval limbo for eternity.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM       
i'd help you with spanish translation but i'm too lazy

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
was never good
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM       
jfc

so now i'm not allowed to resubmit the game until jan 7th

i guess as punishment?

welp sure am glad i spent the last two days fixing the game up for a quick re-release
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 06:52 PM       
is there even any text in it outside of the menu
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM       
Those guys don't sound very professional. It's like Microsoft Live is being run by Wikipedia editors.

Just for chuckles I translated your game into Spanish, at least what was on that video.

Spoilers!
was never good
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 09:56 PM       
There's actually quite a bit of text when you look at all the strings in the game. There's the in-game hints and notifications, then all the little shit like labels in the UI, instructions, words that pop up for collecting stuff, credits, and so on.

Thanks Hadas. The person who did the French localization also offered to do Spanish and Italian, so theoretically I could support 5 of the 6 XBLA languages (the 6th is japanese which none of my fonts support). However getting 3 XBLA languages passed has proven impossible so I'm hesitant to ask anyone to waste their time making the game even more difficult to pass.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 03:12 AM       
that game looks stupid but people will buy anything

gl
was never good
Old Jan 2nd, 2012, 02:29 PM       
i thought you'd at least appreciate all the cheeseburgers