Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM        Why don't we have an IRC channel?
I was wondering why We dont have one. Is it just not fashionable to have one? after all it is the 80's client of choice ^^

Last edited by Esuohlim : Aug 22nd, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 11:27 PM       
shut the fuck up, that's why
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM       
kk ;__;
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:39 AM       
I edited the title of this thread to fix the intentional and obnoxious grammatical errors

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:50 AM       
YOU TWAT
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:36 AM       
@@@~~||**~~<(O_o);>~~**||~~@@@

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:39 AM       
USE YOUR MILHOUSE POWERS AND MAKE IT SO I CAN BE MIFFLES AGAIN
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:48 AM       
MIFFLES ISN'T EVEN ON THE BAN LIST

Spoilers!

mmm muffins
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 03:08 AM       
Erm, dont give him any ideas. >_> Enough about MIFFLES. This is a topic about a potential IRC for I-mockery =x
The Unicorn
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 03:09 AM       
FUUUUUUUCK
mmm muffins
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 03:51 AM       
whats the matter, lost the password or something .A.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM       
Why don't you just start one and tell people about it?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM       
ILL JOIN IT AND THEN ILL GET MODERATOR POWERS AND MAKE MYSELF IMMUNE To BANNINg AND UNIMMUNIZE EVERYONE ELSE THEN ILL BAN EVERYONE

SO DONT EVEN TRY
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 08:25 PM       
Probably because there are about 30 cool people on this site and about 39082348907209873459087 faggots who would come on and fuck it up, or idle in the channel and make it cluttered, or hop on hoping to talk to Rog the ONE TRUE GOD and bombard him with stupid questions even if he wasn't there, was AFK, was busy sorting out site-related mishaps with The Boogie, whatever. See GameDamage's first three months or so cluttered with mongoloids hungry for Yahtzee's cock for a good example of this.

Plus, there's the whole thing where we'd need dedicated Ops and Sub Ops to cater to people coming in and whining about being banned, and people banned from the IRC would make threads on the forum about it along the same lines. And if any of the people willing to monitor the IRC constantly weren't mods already they'd probably have to be screened and groomed before they'd be trusted, and a bunch of other boring administrative shit, right.

We have a chatroom thread for general rabblerousing, anyway, and except for me retards mostly stay away from or are shooed out of it. Plus, with everyone using IRC instead of the forums, what little traffic the non-site discussion boards get these days would simply cease to be.

So, that's why there's no I-Mockery IRC, because it'd be a pain in the ass and kill the forums. Probably.

I think vBulletin does have a Shoutbox mod available, if anyone wants to look into that. But I would dominate it with Twitter-esque updates on mundane shit that I am currently doing and stupid chan pictures. It would be an ugly thing, loathed by all the world and viewed as an intellectual septic tank. Not to mention all the other people who would post in it.

On the plus side, IRC supports Artificial Intelligence. 420chan has one bot on the imageboard and one in the IRC channel, and they both absorb what people say and regurgitate the words they've learned into something resembling a coherent sentence. It's pretty entertaining, especially when you're completely tripping balls and can't remember who's a person and who's a computer. Ours could be MockBot, even!

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Feb 16th, 2010 at 08:55 PM.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM       
I used to hang out on a few channels and I've been missing it. As long as it's not widely advertised I doubt we'd get too many douchebags.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM       
I just made #iMockery on Rizon.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM       
You guys suck at this game.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 11:45 PM       
what's irc?
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 11:50 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Mh115sj4w

This video should explain everything.

http://www.mirc.com/
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 11:51 PM       
Is it like ICQ but with video?
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Feb 19th, 2010, 12:08 AM       
It's Internet Relay Chat. It's a completely old school chatroom client where people can get on and roleplay being melting candles or ottomans for their favorite celebrities or something and illegally share files. Now though, technology has progressed beyond the point where we need to rely on IRC for piracy and it's just complicated enough for the average fetishist to not want to bother with it. We are going to use it to call each other mean names 24/7.

Edit:
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
OH! It's what Danny uses to send me "pictures"!
The Unicorn
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
I send all my mean names to people via AIM and PM
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
ILL JOIN IT AND THEN ILL GET MODERATOR POWERS AND MAKE MYSELF IMMUNE To BANNINg AND UNIMMUNIZE EVERYONE ELSE THEN ILL BAN EVERYONE

SO DONT EVEN TRY
THIS WAS THE BEST THING ABOUT IRC THERE WERE LIKE CHAT ROOM WARS WHERE YOU COULD EventUALLY TAKE OvEr PEOPLes cHAt ROOms BAN thEM AND PUT UP MESsGES IN THEIR OWN CHAT ROOM ABOUt WHAT FAGGOtS thEY ARE
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM       
It's cool you guys I didn't need you around anyway. I don't need anyone!