Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM        I-Mockery Needs Volunteer Weeklies Writers for Halloween Season!
Once again, we're looking to bring in some volunteers to help out with the Weeklies ( http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies ) section of the site each week. This time it's for the next two months during our big Halloween season. All reviews would have to be related to Halloween / Horror in some way. You can review horror movies, horror games, creepy comics, and Halloween albums - we just need to be able to tie it in with the general theme of the season.

We're looking for additional writers to cover those extra Weekly spots. You'll get to see your work featured on the homepage of I-Mockery and receive feedback from bajillions (ie: tens) of fans! Once the Halloween season is all done, we may even send you some free merchandise as an extra thank you for helping us out.

Weeklies are usually 3 - 6 paragraphs in length and shouldn't take you too long to write, so once assigned, we'd expect you to be able to turn onein within 24 hours or so. If you're interested, please reply to this thread (no PMs please) and we'll be in touch real soon. Please mention what categories you would like to write in most (video games, movies, comics, music).

Thanks to all of you who offer to help out during our annual Two Months of Halloween!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM       
Oh man, lemme think about this. I totally have a couple games in mind.

PS you should totally be Stu Benedict this Halloween if you haven't yet. I was watching my Pete & Pete DVDs the other night. The resemblance is uncanny, dude.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 05:10 PM       
I can do comics or movies.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM       
If you need any reviews of weird and unique halloween places like Foy's, I'd be glad to do that. I need an excuse to get back there.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 08:34 PM       
I can do it for pretty much anything but music.

That was very funny. Well done.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 11:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
If you're interested, please reply to this thread (no PMs please) and we'll be in touch real soon.
Is this how you did it last time? And when you say you'll get in touch do you mean by E-mail or PM?

I can write video game reviews.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 11:44 PM       
can i do a picture gallery of the market that blocks streets near my house like you do with thosse places?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 12:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post

PS you should totally be Stu Benedict this Halloween if you haven't yet. I was watching my Pete & Pete DVDs the other night. The resemblance is uncanny, dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I can do comics or movies.
Cool, just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
If you need any reviews of weird and unique halloween places like Foy's, I'd be glad to do that. I need an excuse to get back there.
Looking for volunteers to do reviews for the Weeklies section, but I did enjoy those photos you took of Foy's 'n what not, so I may be able to make a blog post about 'em. Send me a PM with some details about the places you're thinking of. Thankee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I can do it for pretty much anything but music.
Not a problem, 3 out of 4 categories is aok. Just sent you a PM man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Is this how you did it last time? And when you say you'll get in touch do you mean by E-mail or PM? I can write video game reviews.
Yep, same as last time. Just sent you a PM with the details. Basically need 'em by Tuesday at the latest since I'm starting up Halloween season at the start o' September as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
can i do a picture gallery of the market that blocks streets near my house like you do with those places?
As I told Kitsa, I'm looking for volunteers to do reviews for the Weeklies section. That aside, send me a PM with some details on this market you're talking about and I may be able to do a blog post about it in the coming months if it's something Halloween related.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 02:08 AM       
I'm all about obscure horror shit, I could do several reviews for anything except comics
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 05:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post

Lemme know if you wanna do some Halloween game reviews and I'll PM you the info. As for Stu Benedict, not a bad costume idea at all, but without a school bus to drive it just wouldn't feel complete. Still not sure what I feel like dressing as yet this year, but I may end up wanting to make something. It really just depends on how much free time I have in the coming months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I'm all about obscure horror shit, I could do several reviews for anything except comics
Glad to hear it man, just sent ya a PM. Thankee!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM       
I'd like to write about movies. Maybe music.

Tanuki is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 10:52 AM       
Comics, games, movies. Preferably games or comics, since I typically don't have the attention span to watch a whole movie and just sit there.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 11:30 AM       
Comics movies please! Games if need be.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:58 PM       
Also, I'm big into J-horror so any of those (like the Sick Nurses one I did years ago, that could be cleaned up) I could do. I have an exhaustive familiarity with the Ju-on series.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 12:14 AM       
Thanks for volunteering guys! Filled all the slots for this week, but I'll be sending PMs the rest of you who volunteered about doing Weeklies in subsequent weeks, so if you're interested in writing, make sure you speak up in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
What happened to us just doing weeklies in general?
I got real busy honestly and let them slide a bit in recent months. With Max all but gone and Proto hardly being around, that left two or more open slots every week. No excuse though, I definitely should've filled those slots with volunteers, but other site work and distractions got in my way. Hopefully we can get a regular schedule of volunteers doing them again so we have new ones every week from now on, even after Halloween season.
Durin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:03 AM       
If Castlevania games are appropriate enough for the season, I could do a weekly review on some of them (I know Protoclown gave a review of the original, but maybe I could do maybe one of the DS/GBA ones. Or the second game in the series.

Sadly that's the only gaming thing that I feel is Halloweenish/horrifying enough as far as video games go that I also feel I could do a good job on. (And as far as board games go, I'd be happy to give a decent review for Arkham Horror, but I'm pretty sure this is video game exclusive here).

Edit: Post Halloween if you still need volunteers for games I could do that.

I wouldn't be able to do comics or music, and I've only seen a few Halloween/horror movies (but I do enjoy them, just don't own them). Sorry about the small number of things I could write about, but thankee for looking at this.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 03:57 AM       
Do we get paid?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 05:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin413 View Post
If Castlevania games are appropriate enough for the season, I could do a weekly review on some of them (I know Protoclown gave a review of the original, but maybe I could do maybe one of the DS/GBA ones. Or the second game in the series..
Yeah, Castlevania games are always aok to review as long as it's one that hasn't already been covered. I'll get in touch with ya sometime in the next month or two about reviewing one I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
Do we get paid?
Nope, it's simply a volunteer thing.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I got real busy honestly and let them slide a bit in recent months. With Max all but gone and Proto hardly being around, that left two or more open slots every week. No excuse though, I definitely should've filled those slots with volunteers, but other site work and distractions got in my way. Hopefully we can get a regular schedule of volunteers doing them again so we have new ones every week from now on, even after Halloween season.
I have little to no stuff in the chamber that is Halloween related, but if you still need people in the rotation for after I have all sorts of reviewable things for regular weeklies.
The Claw of Justice
Captain Seamus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM       
I could do music or movies, I have some old Halloween CDs lying around.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM       
I'd be happy to help. Movies and music please.
The Claw of Justice
Captain Seamus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 02:21 PM       
Is that a requirement or a suggestion?
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM       
I can do movie reviews as well.
Closed Thread