Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 09:05 PM        the whitest kids u know
I bought the first season on Amazon a while back because they had a used copy for five or six bucks, if that.

The couple of skits I had seen online were funny, so I figured I'd check out more.

Jesus Christ, I've never seen a comedy show run out of material that quickly.

I mean, by season five, the Kids in the Hall were obviously using a lot of rejected skits from years past, but they still had the occasional good one. That's season five.

This is season one. The first few episodes had some really funny stuff in them. By the sixth episode, they had run dry.

When you're reduced to making date-rape jokes and having not one but two skits in which "the fat member" dances in his underwear, you're fucked.

In other sketch comedy news, UCB season 3 is still not on DVD, but I found a torrent with VHS rips of it and we watched that. Made me remember why I love the UCB.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 01:13 AM       
Some girl in a bar came up to me and was asking me all about this show because she apparently thought I was one the guys on it. Telling me how she loved my work and all that jazz... so, of course, I went along with it for a while and then towards the end of the night we broke it to her that I was not in fact that guy.

And yes, UCB Season 3 realllly needs to come out on DVD damnit.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM       
Hahaha, you were mistaken for the lanky guy with long hair. That's awesome. But he's basically the main guy and he is pretty funny, so that's not a bad thing.

It really pisses me off that every other Comedy Central show has DVDs out. Mind of Mencia was released almost instantaneously, and we're getting UCB over the course of ten years or so.

I hadn't seen season 3, with the exception of a few episodes, since they were still on TV. Good show.

Don't you/didn't you study improv at the UCB Theater?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:44 AM       
There's a pretty good amount of WKUK sketches but there are some pretty bad ones too. I've been waiting for season 2 to come out on DVD for over a year now.

I think my favorite scene from season 1 is when 3 of them are deer hunting and they shoot a squirrels head off(off camera).

Then Trevor's char says " I Ricked him."
Another hunter says "That's not funny, Rick was our friend and he killed himself last week by blowing his head off."
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM       
Hahahaha, yeah.

They're really bad at ending skits and have a tendency to make really weird endings for each episode.

I love that they're all crying during the opening.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM       
I still want to see Miss March that Trevor and Zach wrote. It got horrible reviews but I'm sure I could still find some humor in it.

The only skit I've seen from season 2 is the Grapist which is funny. I can't judge the entire season on it though.
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM       
That movie looked awful, I tried to give it a chance because of these guys but damn--the trailer was just too terrible.

But then again, I thought Role Models would be awful but it made me laugh a lot. However, I think David Wain is a much funnier guy than Trevor Moore or whatever.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 12:52 PM       
I'm partial on Whitest kids u know, I've seen a few funny skits, I might have to look them up again.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
Hahaha, you were mistaken for the lanky guy with long hair. That's awesome. But he's basically the main guy and he is pretty funny, so that's not a bad thing...

Don't you/didn't you study improv at the UCB Theater?
Yep, I do, and the bar it took place at was right next to UCB Theater :P
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM       
That's awesome. Are you having a good time with it and have you met Matt Besser or any of the other core members who relocated to the west?

(if so plzsz get the big red cat's auotgraph for me !!!!)