Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM        WWE All-Stars
fucking great so far.

the animation blending and the way you can hit moves out of anything and reverse in stages or reverse reversals is so great.

three really great moments for me so far:
1. triple threat elimination match. i was down and eddie and snuka both go to the top rope and try to hit their finishers on me simultaneously. they bonk heads in mid-air and fall to either side of me, then i get up and taunt.
2. same match, i go to clothesline one guy and get him and the guy behind him in sequence
3. vs savage, tense moment at the end of the match--he goes for a dropkick and i duck under it and grab his ass in mid-air for the RKO. hell fucking yeah.

you can be knocked out of pretty much anything. one of the things that really annoyed me about SDVR is that you became invincible while doing moves, but that sure as shit isn't the case here. i got eliminated once because snuka went for an early pin on me, holding me down, while eddie dialed up a frog splash and wrecked both of our shits.

the difficulty feels really right, and oddly enough this game seems to capture the 'feeling' of a good WWE match better than the simulation games. because most of the combat revolves around combos and reversals, it's pretty common to have moments where wrestlers will circle each other a bit before diving in, which never happens in SDVR. production values are really high, and they even have custom promos with real footage spliced together for one of the modes, while the main story mode uses some great mocap and sets with in-game graphics. i'm hella impressed thus far.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM       
This game looks awesome as hell. Want to try and rent it this week.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 03:03 AM       
the online is good too, unlike sdvr's unplayable internet matches

i lost all 5 matches i played, and badly. apparently only wizards play at 3 AM. the one create-a-wrestler i fought was a 12-foot giant literally twice the size of my steamboat. he then proceeded to grapple combo me 80 times. it was horrifying.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 04:20 AM       
Is there a good reason this shouldn't be released for the PC? Because I certainly can't think of one.

I really want this game, but I also don't want to have to get the Wii version.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:45 AM       
Another place to ask my one real question: Countering grapples while the grapple already takes place: RB or LB. I´m asking cause some people told me it was RB but my Promo-copy only lets me couter grapples with LB, RB is just for blocking and countering strikes.

Nice game by the way, I like the arcady feel of it while being quite complex at the same time.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM       
i think i'm gonna download the demo to try it cause out of all the wrestling games is the one i wanna try the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Is there a good reason this shouldn't be released for the PC? Because I certainly can't think of one.

I really want this game, but I also don't want to have to get the Wii version.
you can find the ps2 version

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM       
The PS2 version is functionally the same as the Wii one, i.e. a watered down shitport with no online play.

PC gamers might be wrestling fans too, THQ. You fuckbutts.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM       
Just watching trailers for it so far. It reminds me of WWF Royal Rumble for dreamcast(minus the tag team run-in moves) which was a blast to play.
was never good
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Another place to ask my one real question: Countering grapples while the grapple already takes place: RB or LB. I´m asking cause some people told me it was RB but my Promo-copy only lets me couter grapples with LB, RB is just for blocking and countering strikes.

Nice game by the way, I like the arcady feel of it while being quite complex at the same time.
RB and LB only matter before you start getting comboed with strikes or grapples. after you've been grabbed, either button can be pressed to do a reversal. it isn't really clear that this is the case in the game, but it spells it out better in the manual.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM       
And thats the problem right there, no manual in my copy...I mean it´s nice if the publishers just give you their games but sometimes...well.
was never good
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM       
certain things can also be reversed without a prompt: bouncing off the ropes from a whip, changing position in a grapple, and finishers (i don't think you can reverse signatures at all though, even as a grab block).
was never good
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM       
Partial list of signatures (xbros version, same as PS3 though):
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f....php?p=4129809

some people have more than 4 and those aren't listed there for some reason. for example cena's STFU is a signature at the legs of a downed opponent.

btw i got it for PS3, my PSN name is JoyeuseSix
was never good
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM       
from what i've seen online, big men and grapplers are mad good since they can really easily chain grapples. you can still reverse, but it's hard.

btw the netcode for this game seems really solid thus far. probably the 2nd best console non-fps net game i've seen (the best is mario strikers charged).
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The PS2 version is functionally the same as the Wii one, i.e. a watered down shitport with no online play.

PC gamers might be wrestling fans too, THQ. You fuckbutts.
well thq does have a history of late and shitty pc ports though

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 10:46 PM       
I have been messing with it for the last week.

Positives:
Curt Henning is easy to unlock
It is ridiculous in terms of physics. Booting Andre the Giant out of the ring like a football with the Big Show was hilarious and fun
Picking moves in create-a-wrestler is a less cumbersome affair than in other wrestling games

Negatives (IMO)
I find the load times to be a tad long
The outfit options in create-a-wrestler are limited
No Honky Tonk Man, he's the greatest Intercontinental champion of all time, where's the love for the Honky Tonk Man?

Overall though I like it
was never good
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM       
honky tonk man is in a free DLC package coming in about 10 days
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM       
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM       
I played the demo last night for about 30 seconds(Diaper time ). Just long enough to climb the 3rd turnbuckle as ultimate warrior and get kicked down.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM       
Can you do an online multiplayer royal rumble?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM       
Downloaded both the Free Honky Tonk Man DLC and the pay for it Dusty and Cody Rhodes DLC

I actually like the move set Dusty Rhodes gets, but I am forced to look at that yellow polka dot outfit while playing him
was never good
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM       
he doesn't have an alternate outfit?
was never good
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:18 PM       
does cody have his smoke & mirrors song and 'dashing' gimmick or the new 'disfigured' song and the protective mask?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM       
Need to play him still, didn't get around to him, but I will follow up on this in the morning and give you a report. Might be the old song with both the old Cody and the mask one