Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM       
I just downloaded Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III Third Strike for MAME. I never tried the SFIII games because they don't have as cool of a character roster, but it's really fun and the animation is some of the smoothest I've seen.

Sadly, I got a giant blister on my thumb. Always happens after too much Street Fighter.
Forum Virgin
Darmy647 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM       
Legend of Zelda Phantom hourglass for the DS. They had it for only $17 on memorial day at Circuit City.
Forum Virgin
kenny is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 01:12 AM       
Me i'm playing gta 4. well i would be but my basement flooded, and my damn xbox broke.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 01:59 AM       
I'm replaying Ocarina of Time now.

It's weird how nostalgic I feel about a game I played for the very first time in 2002.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM       
I was playing OOT a few months ago and I was loving the shit out of it until I got to the Water Temple.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Nobody likes the Water Temple, Emu, don't feel defeated.
Forum Virgin
Darmy647 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM       
Seriously. Thats one reason I was scared to play the master-quest version of Ocarina of time.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM       
I remember the water temple being really annoying, I just got done with Twilight Princess and I feel like the whole game was a breeze compared to OOT.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM       
I uh actually like the Water Temple

I'm less of a fan of the Shadow Temple

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM       
I'm not going to lie, I haven't played it in 10 years, back then I'm pretty sure I needed a strat guide for it. The one thing I always liked about water temples in Zelda games meant it was hookshot time.

The desert temples were always my fav through the series.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM       
Shadow Temple scared the hell out of me as a kid

Forest Temple is probably my favorite, if only for the music.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM       
The barge creeped me out in Shadow Temple
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 02:04 PM       
Now that i am throwing rockin' parties at my place, I will try to remember what we played the night before while I was in a drunken stupor and list them in order of most-played to least-played:

1. Genesis - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (w/ Knuckles)
2. PC - O2Jam
3. PS2 - PaRappa the Rapper 2
4. Wii - Super smash Bros. Brawl
5. CD-i - Hotel Mario
6. PS1 - Um Jammer Lammy
7. 3DO - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
8. Wii - Mario Kart Wii
9. Wii - Red Steel

PROTIPS
- Girls like Hotel Mario (!)
- The mission-based 4-person multiplayer game in Red Steel is awesome
- Schimid has the attention span of a retarded cat
- The 3DO has the best port of SSF2T ever
- Fuck the metropolis zone
- O2jam is terrible and no one should ever play it
- I hate smash bros, guys
- Schimid also never cleans up after himself for any reason
- Even, even, even, Alaskan.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
I started up Etrian Odyssey. It's not fun at all, but I can't stop playing. I can't even start exploring the third floor because something always goes horribly wrong by the time I get there.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM       
Didn't the Metropolis Zone have an extra act to it? I fucking hated that level.

I'm currently playing Street Fighter HF on Live Arcade.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM       
I've finished the Britannia Campaign as Norway in Medieval 2 Kingdoms and I completely pwned the Crusades Campaign as Jerusalem, and if I'd kept playing instead of fulfilling the victory conditons after 120 turns, the map would have been 100% mine. I was actually just buying regions off the other factions toward the end because I had so much money. About a third of my Kingdom was purchased.
I'm probably never gonna finish the Americas campaign 'cause I got pised off by the ridiculously boring battles. Sending one horde of indians against another is just not that interesting.
Unless Mass Effect comes in the mail sooner than expected, I'm gonna do the Teutonic campaign next, but I'm not sure what I should play as. I generally prefer well traned troops over large troops of shitty ones, so I might play as the Teutonic Knights, or maybe the Holy Roman Empire or Poland or something. I don't wanna be no punk ass Lithuania bitch.
He speaks truth!
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM       
Metropolis Zone had that mile-high nut and bolt that you had spin up while avoiding about 50 of those exploding starfish. FUCK that zone

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 02:14 AM       
and O2Jam is not terrible, and I love it :< There was a line to play it at my computer. It's just a music game that's like IIDX that uses the keyboard. There are mostly shitty songs, but I like the game itself, and apparently tons of other people liked it enough.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
I downloaded Dwarf Fortress and I must be a huge fucking idiot because I have no idea how to control anything in my Dwarf Fortress

or even look inside it
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 08:46 AM       
i dont ever play the actual dwarf fortress, i just go adventuring and see how many cyclopes i can strangle to death

before i pass out in a slurry of blood and vomit and a pack of jaguars tears my head clean off

Last edited by executioneer : Jun 7th, 2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: METHOD OF DEADTH
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM       
Okay, Mass Effect DID in fact come in the mail a whole 3 days sooner than I expected, and so far, it's pretty nice. Nice fight system, though I wish there was a bit more to character creation. Very good voicework and overall good graphics, though there's something wrong with the dynamic lighting: Really weird facial shadows. I haven't gotten that far yet, but I imagine it will only get better as I keep going, so I'm looking forward to a good roleplaying experience like I haven't had in a while.
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
Sometimes the shadows look a bit grainy to me. But it looks like a moving drawing, so I can't complain. I can't decide if that's how they wanted to do it or not, so I just enjoyed it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
I'm attempting to OpenRPG some D&D with a few guys from Team Weeaboo but we have no idea how to work the program so we're just rolling hundred sided dice and yelling at each other over Vent
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I'm attempting to OpenRPG some D&D with a few guys from Team Weeaboo but we have no idea how to work the program so we're just rolling hundred sided dice and yelling at each other over Vent

Perry Bible Fellowship fucking rules. I plugged in the PSOne and tried to play Siphon Filter out of sheer boredom the other day. Now I'm back on GTAIV.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM       
IF I GET MY SLEIGHT OF HAND HIGH ENOUGH I CAN HIDE DAGGERS IN MY NOSE