Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:45 PM        "Camp Redemption", and a Rummy Surprise
Camp Redemption. You can't makes this stuff up, folks.

Rumsfeld Makes Surprise Visit to Iraq

By ROBERT BURNS, AP Military Writer

ABU GHRAIB, Iraq - Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, making a surprise visit to Iraq , went to the Abu Ghraib prison Thursday and told U.S. troops "we'll get through" the international uproar over abuse of inmates there.

Arriving here with Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Richard Myers by helicopter in a dust storm, the embattled Rumsfeld called the abuse scandal a "body blow for all of us" but said he was determined that those in the wrong be punished.

"The people who engaged in abuses will be brought to justice," the defense secretary said. "The world will see how a free and democratic society functions."

Rumsfeld and Myers were accompanied here by Maj. Gen. Geoffrey Miller, commander of the prison system in Iraq, who told Rumsfeld that a new complex of outdoor camps is going to open soon on the grounds outside the main prison building.

It will be called "Camp Redemption," he said, at the suggestion of the Iraqi Governing Council, and will provide better living conditions for the detainees. Rumsfeld has heard many calls for his resignation in the wake of publicly released photos showing abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. forces. President Bush has given Rumsfeld a vote of confidence.

"I've stopped reading newspapers," Rumsfeld quipped to the troops here.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:48 PM       
did he also mention that he stopped listening to the opinions of the people of the united states?

or that he stopped gathering valuable information from the people who work for him?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:54 PM       
"Camp Redemption"

I mean, seriously, who makes up names for the Bush administration, George Orwell?