Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 04:32 AM        NEW LONGBOX: "MARVEL ZOMBIES VS. ARMY OF DARKNESS!"
The Marvel Zombies are back once again, but this time there's a certain guy with a chainsaw for his forearm that's been thrown into the mix. Oh, and a duck too.

NEW LONGBOX: "MARVEL ZOMBIES VS. ARMY OF DARKNESS!" -by Protoclown
http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox19

Enjoy!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:40 AM       
damn i have the first five but i only have a second printing of the army of darkness spin off the #1

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:20 PM       
"some vampirey-looking dude I didn't recognize, but he wears a big silly red bow around his neck."

Dude! That's Klaus Nomi!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM       
Haha, maybe it is for all I know.
Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 01:57 PM       
I love the Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies - after all, if you're going to utterly milk a ridiculous concept to death, you might as well get a couple of awesome crossover concepts in there too. Plus anything with Nextwave turning up (and recognising their arrival with the signature text box was a brilliant "No Way!" moment when reading).

This longbox seemed a bit more of a "this happened. then this happened" synopsis than the true mockeries we usually enjoy in the longbox. Which is a pity, because if there's anything with enough to mock it's the Marvel Zombies.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM       
I only read 4 of 5 of this series. I was really expecting more. There was a couple funny spots but overall it was pretty lame.

That was very funny. Well done.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM       
Do zombies poop?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Deadite
Obscurus Lupa is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM       
Is it just me, or did it seem more like Ash was just along for the ride rather than actually doing much? Still sounds like an awesome comic though. I'm more curious about the werewolf world though, ha.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Do zombies poop?
That's a hard question.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM       
A Google search still has no definite answer, only more questions.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=247269
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM       
Interesting, my initial thought is that it would depend on the kind of Zombie. If you are talking Romero zombies, it seems initially unlikely as the circulatory system has ceased (open wounds seep but do not bleed). It's logical then to assume that the gastrointestinal system has shut down as well.

However, both Romero and NOTLD zombies do have limited muscular control, so I suppose - as it is possible for zombies to actually swallow food (using muscles) - and chemical digestion technically continues for a time after death, it is also quite possible that the rest of the digestive and elimination process would still function for a time.

Regardless, it's also important to note that the human body does generally release its bowels following death, this I can certainly attest to from my days as an embalmer. So, a new zombie may 'poop' but not really in the traditional sense. Rather the excrement in the bowels at the time of death would seep out due to gravity and muscle relaxation.

Given that last point, I suppose its safe to say that 'fresh' zombies do 'poop' though said' pooping' is not conventional and the process would not be a regular biological function.

The 'real' zombies of Haiti of course 'poop'.

Marvel Zombies do not seem like real zombies in that they are sentient and alien in origin. Their strange lip -devoid grimace looks more like a mutation than a simple reanimation.

I mean, do they actually die before zombification?

I'd wager that they do indeed poop like any living organism. They appear to digest whatever they eat. They often appear with distended bellies only to appear later slim and hungry again. That denotes some sort of metabolism or digestion.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : Oct 9th, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
Forum Virgin

B.T.C is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM       
If I was a comic person I would totally get this.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediScum View Post
"some vampirey-looking dude I didn't recognize, but he wears a big silly red bow around his neck."

Dude! That's Klaus Nomi!
That would be most awesome.

I think it's Daredevil's Owl though...

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : Oct 9th, 2007 at 09:35 PM.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 12:03 AM       
Yeah, a couple people emailed me and said they thought it was the Owl. They're probably right. I've just never seen him looking quite so "faggy" and for the Owl, that says a lot.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 12:10 AM       
I always thought he looked like a 'bitch' Wolverine.
Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 01:28 AM       
J. Tithonus, you were an embalmer?! And here I was thinking I had done every weird and unpleasant job known to man... that must have been interesting. I enjoyed your scholarly treatise on zombie digestion very much.

I figure that zombies who eat brains, the flesh of the living and sometimes each other have got to poop. Everything that eats poops. If they didn't I guess we'd come back in a year after the zombacolypse to find bloated, balloon like zombies lying around incapable of movement.

I think I'll order a pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Interesting, my initial thought is that it would depend on the kind of Zombie. If you are talking Romero zombies, it seems initially unlikely as the circulatory system has ceased (open wounds seep but do not bleed). It's logical then to assume that the gastrointestinal system has shut down as well.

However, both Romero and NOTLD zombies do have limited muscular control, so I suppose - as it is possible for zombies to actually swallow food (using muscles) - and chemical digestion technically continues for a time after death, it is also quite possible that the rest of the digestive and elimination process would still function for a time.

Regardless, it's also important to note that the human body does generally release its bowels following death, this I can certainly attest to from my days as an embalmer. So, a new zombie may 'poop' but not really in the traditional sense. Rather the excrement in the bowels at the time of death would seep out due to gravity and muscle relaxation.

Given that last point, I suppose its safe to say that 'fresh' zombies do 'poop' though said' pooping' is not conventional and the process would not be a regular biological function.

The 'real' zombies of Haiti of course 'poop'.

Marvel Zombies do not seem like real zombies in that they are sentient and alien in origin. Their strange lip -devoid grimace looks more like a mutation than a simple reanimation.

I mean, do they actually die before zombification?

I'd wager that they do indeed poop like any living organism. They appear to digest whatever they eat. They often appear with distended bellies only to appear later slim and hungry again. That denotes some sort of metabolism or digestion.
Ringmonster
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis View Post
J. Tithonus, you were an embalmer?!
Ya, right out of high school I studied Funeral Services Education and was in the body biz for a couple of years as an embalmer and Deiner.

Interesting? Yes. Depressing? You bet! Moved on to better things. I actually became a pastry chef after that for awhile.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM       
I've got to find this. This shit is way too ridiculous NOT to own.

As for zombies pooping? I'm just gonna go by the whole Zombie Surivial Guide and assume they shit throught their stomachs when they bloat and explode.

j/k fuck them
Ringmonster
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM       
Not a big fan of The Survival Guide. I am looking forward to the release of Zombie CSU early next year.