Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 10:09 PM       
lol :< okay, Q&A TIME LET'S BOUNCE IDEAS BACK ON THE I-MOCKERY CORPORATE BLACKBOARD

Yes, Fathom, shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
And is the SAFE FOR WORK part ever going to change? Where will all the stuff go?
The forums being safe for work has always been true, and from our NSFW 'weather balloon' thread in the mock wars forum, it's pretty clear to me that being able to post NSFW material is a major contributing factor for making forums retarded. So no, the forums will remain SAFE FOR WORK.

Yes, Terra, you have an idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
Loveline is really going to bit the dust? Oh well, survival of the fittest and all that.
Loveline doesn't really get enough posts to warrant an entire separate forum, and I think all of the threads in Loveline would work just as well in General Blabber. Really, the goal here is to consolidate most of the forums into a 'general' forum and then mix what's left into forums that are likely to have their own culture away from the masses in the general forum - For example, the art shit, music, movies, gaming, philosophy, and forum events forums all have a much different flavor to them than say, mock wars or general blabber. I think we should, in the immortal words of the prophet Smuckers, preserve that.

Go, Grislygus! Shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus
Even though my vote doesn't count for shit...I would also like the idea of an unimportant board being run by someone completely incompetent, just for kicks.
This is what I'm talking about - I think you're one of the better posters on the forum, but clearly you feel like an OUTSIDER. This is why we need ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT and SHOCK THERAPY and PAINFUL RAPE as part of our HIGHLY CORPORATE I-MOCKERY VERNACULAR. Also, we kinda did that thing with unimportant forums, and we're trying to reduce clutter here.

Yo! Emu! My man! My dog! Speak up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
WE NEED A GAY-UPS FORUM
We don't! We're just going to delete gay-upped posts from now on, though I'm going to ask that moderators that do this use the 'temp delete' option so that us admins can review (as Rongi so helpfully did in this thread, although on that note I feel that Gadzooks and Guitar Woman weren't quite getting into the naked slapfighting stage yet so I reverted the delete).

Good work, Emu, come back! MLE, I choose you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
Also, I feel that Kevin has done a wonderful job of moderating the Philosophy boards, considering there is a large cult-like following, and that board is easily one of the most active now, and surprisingly mature (at least generally). If anyone else is to moderate that forum, I feel it would be largely unfair to Kevin to have his powers taken away.
Kevin isn't going anywhere, at least as far as I'm aware. The position of philo board mod is already taken by him. I want to avoid making ALL of our tenured members moderators, as that doesn't make a lot of sense. One mod per discussion forum, two or three mods for general blabber, and we'll add mods to flavor on the 'site' forums although I'm leaning toward having all i-mockery staff contributors having mod powers in that sector.

I can't think of anything to start this with, DuFresne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne
How about a News and Politics forum for Kevin, and then a Philosophy and Religion board for Seth or Kahl.
Again, clutter. The same types of people post on all of these topics, so it doesn't make any sense to divide them.

Max! Max Burbank! THE MAN WITH THE PUH-LAHN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I can still make fun of people who suck huge monkey titty, though, right?
Yes, again, feel free to mock people, just try to give them a glimmer of a chance and don't drag the rest of the boards down when you do lay into them.

Okay, to address a previous point in detail, when we make this change I will first merge all of the posts in the forums that we're consolidating, and move the rest to general blabber. From here, we can go one of two ways - either we then

1. Move the ENTIRE FORUMS as we know them into a new 'backup' forum and start the board over anew, or

2. We just continue the boards as-is with the reassigned forums.

I think there are pros and cons to both options and we'll have a poll later on to help us gauge what you dudes think, but for now let's DISCUSS.