Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:56 PM       
Fluorescent light messes with my eyes as well. I swear they're making me go blind.

The thing about MSG is that it's just an amino acid with a sodium attached. I'd be more than willing to be it's more because the people that get palpitations and headaches and such have a negative reaction with too much salt than an amino acid that is present in every single food that has protein in it and also one that the body requires as part of the metabolism.

EDIT: If you have some sort of negative reaction to glutin, that would probably do it, as well.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:14 PM       
It's possible. I don't know about gluten, but given the glutamates' general role in our biochemistry, just about anything could be possible. Maybe another hundred years of research will enlighten us. In the meantime, eating at the Cheesecake Factory makes me feel fucking horrible.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM       
Eating at a "Factory" is never a good sign.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM       
SCIENCE!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 12:08 PM       
Cheesecake science.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
To make the corn syrup into high fructose corn syrup, you turn some of its glucose molecules into fructose molecules by exposing the syrup to yet another enzyme, again produced by bacteria. This enzyme converts the glucose to a mixture of about 42 percent fructose and 53 percent glucose, with some other sugars as well. This syrup, called HFCS 42, is about as sweet as natural sugar (sucrose) and is used in foods and bakery items. HFCS 55, which contains approximately 55 percent fructose and 42 percent glucose, is sweeter than sucrose and is used mostly in soft drinks.

Quote:
Sugar cane must be crushed to extract the juice. The crushing process must break up the hard nodes of the cane and flatten the stems. The juice is collected, filtered and sometimes treated and then boiled to drive off the excess water. The dried cane residue (bagasse) is often used as fuel for this process. The remaining liquid is allowed to set into a solid mass known as jaggery, gur, chancaca or panela. (Gur is used in the rest of this document.)
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM       
yummmmmmm
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM       
Oh shit, first you have to add acids to cornstarch to make corn syrup, then you can begin the processes of turning corn syrup into corn sugar.

Tell me again why juicing sugar cane is not the healthier idea?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM       
The acids cost less, I'd imagine.

I must be cheaper, or at least more profitable, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM       
Well yeah, but I said healthier. I can eat fruit roll ups or pay more and dry my own fruit. Fruit roll ups are not something you should eat though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM       
Fruit leather is damn good.

My mum gave me her Ron Popeil brand food dehydrator, so I've been making jerky and shit like that to take with me to school. The fruit wrap is a little harder, I grant you.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Fluorescent light messes with my eyes as well. I swear they're making me go blind.
Just put aluminum foil on your head - works every time.

In other science news, the newest member of the periodic table has apparently been produced. The element presently known as ununtrium - which was the last hole in the periodic table under 118 - has now been officially identified through it's decay chain through 6 separate and distinct alpha emissions.

EDIT: "Last hole up to 118" may be overstating it a bit, but the other elements (up to 118) have been positively identified and reported in peer-reviewed journals - just with not enough firmness to allow for naming rights to be awarded, which is controlled by IUPAC. At least this is what I've been led to believe. :o

Probably won't matter much except to elemental purists.
You may already be there.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2012, 09:43 PM       
They should name it Esuohlium

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM       
I'd bet on Nipponium, although I agree with you.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 06:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Science, Space, & Robots doot coom

African Spiny Mouse Has Salamander-like Regenerative Abilities

University of Florida researchers have discovered that the African spiny mouse has unique regenerative capabilities. The mouse is able to regrow new body tissues following an injury. These mice have skin that is easily torn, which helps them escape predators. Their special ability enables them to then regrow skin or ear parts they lose in escape attempts.
There is hope the African spiny mice's unique tissue regrowth capabilities, the same sort of biological process that a salamander uses to regenerate a severed limb, could translate into medical therapies for humans. Salamanders are studied frequently in the lab, but amphibian biology is very different than human biology.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM       
I apologize in advance to all MacAddicts out in cyberspace, but this article made me
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:42 PM       
Add the purple lens flare to that and I'm just loving people now getting used to purple photos and getting lost.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM       
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THIS SOME MORE NONSENSICAL SENTENCES.

IF YOU PUT PEANUTS ON THE MIRROR I WOULD FEEL LIKE AN ELEPHANT.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:47 AM       
Ok, now things are getting interesting.

The hype is a little misleading, as nothing has been proven yet, but a major test for Einstein's theory of General Relativity has not ever been able to be proven ... until now. In short, by monitoring these two stars for a few years, astronomers will be able to a) measure the mass of the black hole at the galactic center, and b) measure the deviations of both emitted light and from the elliptical orbits of both stars at the point of closest approach.

In a word, awesome.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THIS SOME MORE NONSENSICAL SENTENCES.

IF YOU PUT PEANUTS ON THE MIRROR I WOULD FEEL LIKE AN ELEPHANT.
:zugs
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
astronomers will be able to a) measure the mass of the black hole at the galactic center

Last edited by Dimnos : Oct 15th, 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: :wank
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 09:53 AM       
anyone watch the rebbull stratos highjump? Man that old guy fucked up way too much to be in charge of communications.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM       
Yeah, he couldn't even give the guy a wind direction, lol.

Anyhow, that was pretty badass.

Did you see the helmet cam of it?
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM       
Also, I passed a redbull delivery truck today and the driver was drinking a giant Starbucks.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM       
heyyyyy don't talk shit about Joe Kittinger