Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:30 AM       
Someone PLEASE shoot this kid already.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
you can't do a half day at school and leave early for college classes? Or even take an early morning class at a jc and spend the rest of the time at school?
Why bother? I don't need any math higher than Statistics to become an economist, unless you count Econometrics, which I would not be qualified to take. Not only that, but the only reasonably distanced college is a small community one, which I doubt offers math higher than Statistics anyway.

I just don't understand why I should overload myself with work unnecessarily, especially when I already plan to read three books for English + Human Action (which is fairly tall and around 900 pages of fine print), get into shape, and do some hardcore training for fencing.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 03:30 PM       
Fencing is a real transcript-building, extra-curricular activity. Fact.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:48 PM       
"Holy shit, this guy fences. We better hire him right away, boss!"

Nine hundred pages of reading is child's play. Should take you around five days, no more.

And in order to become an economist, you will need several levels' worth of statistics courses, and they get very heavy on the math near the top.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Quote:
you can't do a half day at school and leave early for college classes? Or even take an early morning class at a jc and spend the rest of the time at school?
Why bother? I don't need any math higher than Statistics to become an economist, unless you count Econometrics, which I would not be qualified to take. Not only that, but the only reasonably distanced college is a small community one, which I doubt offers math higher than Statistics anyway.

I just don't understand why I should overload myself with work unnecessarily, especially when I already plan to read three books for English + Human Action (which is fairly tall and around 900 pages of fine print), get into shape, and do some hardcore training for fencing.
I guess the whole education for education's sake is lost on you. And taking college classes now gets it out of the way for later. Don't your backwards assed high schools have some AP classes you could take?

3 books ooooooohhhh no how will you handle it? Dear lord if I only had to read 900 pages for two entire classes I would jump for joy. you're just a big pussy aren't ya.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 09:11 PM       
- Fencing has been mentioned as one of the Olympic sports that should be removed because nobody's watching.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 09:55 PM       
I dono. Im having a hard time working over 40 hours a week and reading 4 big books for AP lit next year, while still practicing in my band and playing frisbee and poker every now and then.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:29 PM       
Quote:
I guess the whole education for education's sake is lost on you. And taking college classes now gets it out of the way for later. Don't your backwards assed high schools have some AP classes you could take?

3 books ooooooohhhh no how will you handle it? Dear lord if I only had to read 900 pages for two entire classes I would jump for joy. you're just a big pussy aren't ya.
In all fairness to irritating little pricks, 11th grade can't really be compared to law school.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:40 PM       
Damn straight. The kid's got it fuckin' easy. If he's collapsing under the stresses of high school, imagine the breakdown that he will experience in first year.

Quote:
Im having a hard time working over 40 hours a week and reading 4 big books for AP lit next year, while still practicing in my band and playing frisbee and poker every now and then.
Stop working so much. Seriously, school will be much better if you cut back to 20 hours/week.

Need to work that much because you have to pay for stuff? Stop buying so much. If you have a car, stop using it and take the bus.

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 11:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
Quote:

In all fairness to irritating little pricks, 11th grade can't really be compared to law school.
When I was in high school I was taking 4 AP classes per semester, cheerleading (yes cheerleading), student leadership and working 30 hours a week. I'm not saying everyone should do that but it's do-able especially for those complaining about not having enough math classes to take.

Quote:
I dono. Im having a hard time working over 40 hours a week and reading 4 big books for AP lit next year, while still practicing in my band and playing frisbee and poker every now and then.
Of course you are. That's a lot of work. Adding a job to school always takes up alot of time.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 12:05 AM       
Nerd.

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 12:37 AM       
That I am...If nerds had a champion...it would probably be me.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 01:57 AM       
Quote:
Nerd.
Aren't you the one in the Peanuts band?

Good Grief...
Mocker
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 08:59 AM       
You fucking dumbasses.

I'm not going to be a junior, I'm going to be a sophomore.

As I said, there are no math classes for me to take past Statistics in my area.

The only AP courses offered in my high school are Government, Physics, Chemistry, Biology 2 (which is going to be eliminated), Calculus, Statistics, and English, none of which I can take a sophomore (except Calculus, which I could have taken if I took Precalc over the summer). My school requires one year of Academic Chemistry before taking AP.

I already have one college credit, however, by dual enrolling for my CIS course.

What I could have done was take Statistics, Physics and (AP) Chemisty as a junior, and apply for GMU's early admission program. Then I could take Government and English at the college. However, it's cheaper to take them at the high school, and I would prefer not to skip my Senior year. Besides, if I change my mind and decide to follow that program, I can apply to take Calculus over the next summer at the community college.

It's not 900 pages total. It's closer to 1600. 900 pages is only in Human Action, which is not for a class, it's to educate myself. I would suggest that all of you read it as well.

Edit: P.G., when you say you were taking 4 AP classes per semester, are you saying that you were taking 8 AP classes per year? What year were you doing this in high school, and how big was your school?
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:58 AM       
I know people who took 10 AP classes in a year and didn't break a sweat.

And you're whining about having no time to do extra stuff because you're gonna read a 900 pager about nothing? Welcome to the real world, kid. In order to accomplish things, you have to put off doing stuff you want to do in order to take care of the things that you NEED to do.

Out of 1600 pages, there's only 700 for school; it should only take you a few days to read that. Divided by 3, that's only 230 pages per "literary" novel. Bathroom reading is what that is, I don't give a fuck how tiny the print is. One day per book.

You have no idea what real work is.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM       
I wish I had skipped my senior year. It was pointless, and may have ultimately been regressive. Do the early program, OAO.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
Quote:
Nerd.
Aren't you the one in the Peanuts band?

Good Grief...
To be specific, I'm the one who gets paid $24 an hour to play the trombone while you bag groceries.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:40 AM       
a satanic trombone player??? :/

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Edit: P.G., when you say you were taking 4 AP classes per semester, are you saying that you were taking 8 AP classes per year? What year were you doing this in high school, and how big was your school?
Most AP classes go a full year, so 4 AP classes per semester for the year with the exception of government in my junior year which was only for 1 semester. Each class is 2 semesters with most AP tests given in towards the end of the 2nd semester so it ends up a total of 4 a year. I did English, Bio, Spanish, Government and History. Spanish was senior year. All the rest of my classes were only honors classes. Sorry thought you were going into 11th since you were talking about saving classes for your senior year. But still if I could've started in 10th, would've been better and easier for later, both to lighten the load for my junior year because I was also working so many hours and in college. I had a friend who did AP calc his sophmore year and then did college math classes at the JC to get even more credits out of the way. He would just come to school late (after the first two periods or so) and he got almost a full year of credits out of the way in math (which was good b/c he became an engineer). He was still able to run track and do all the fun cheesy high school crap. It also makes you more desirable for colleges. Since your school doesn't have too many AP classes you should be taking all of them. Especially if you want to be an economist which requires pretty much a PhD these days to do. It's getting harder and harder to get into a good college and pay for it. C'mon economist you know the basic supply and demand right. Well, demand is up, way up and is continuing to rise while youa re puttering away in high school each year. Think about it. Those college credits really add up, save money and time for real partying during college. You will never have as much fun in high school as you can during college. With rising college costs and high school really not mattering at all do whatever you can to kick everyone down and get yourself up. it's really true work now pays off later and now is the easiest time to do it. You wanna work out and read books for fun..fine, do it along with this other crap, but the other crap is more important and practical.
Mocker
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 01:23 PM       
All right, all right, I just had the school contacted. If it's possible, I will be taking the class.

8:00-1:00 Mon.-Fri. for six weeks.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 01:37 PM       
Quote:

Quote:
Of course you are. That's a lot of work. Adding a job to school always takes up alot of time.
Uh, it's summertime here. So, no school.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 10:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
a satanic trombone player??? :/
My trombone playing attracts black cats and will entice you to murder your parents.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:03 PM       
In this thread:

oao: strife and morality!

everyone: fuck you!

oao: I like math. But I have to get in shape! Can't do both!

punkgrrrlie10: I did both!

oao: no you didn't

punkgrrrlie10: yes I did. You should do too!

oao: no!

punkgrrrlie10: yes!

oao: no!

punkgrrrlie10: yes!

oao: ...ok.

perndog: trombone.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:11 PM       
@ Helm

EDIT: I don't know why I think that's so funny, but that posts deserves one of these:

Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:27 PM       
That was one of those genuine LOL moments. When you actually do laugh out loud instead of just saying LOL to be cute.