Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:47 PM       
I really liked Shutter Island.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:39 PM       
i just saw repo men and the crazies. The crazies is a very predictable zombie flick that instead of zombies uses las plagas from re 4

repo men reminds me of minority report but the ending is awesome

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 10:53 AM       
The original Crazies is awesome. I was looking forward to the remake but missed it while it was in theaters.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:35 AM       
It looked like the Crazies was just another zoombie crapfest in the tradition of the whole "world's population gets infected with a virus...virus sounds good, right?...that makes average humans fast, pissed and hungry for human flesh" genre.

If anything it'd be a prion but that's something for the science and health thread.

I liked 28 Days Later (but not 28 Weeks Later), the Dawn of the Dead remake, and so on. But "I Am Legend" (shown roughly 12 times a day on TBS, apparently) showed me just how potentially shitty that stuff can get, so I take a pass on a lot of the new zoombie movies coming out.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: took care of comma fault
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 01:16 PM       
The original Crazies came out in 1973 though by Romero. It centered on a disease that would give someone the crazy, nothing zombie like.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:33 PM       
added both to my netflix queue.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 12:57 AM       
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World is the first Michael Cera movie I actively want to see.
Also, it's really weird, in that A) Ramona actually looks like my ex, and B) It's pretty much the exact same story as our relationship, only slightly less fighting her ex, and slightly more her apparently hating my guts after three months. :<
I need a hug....
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 09:29 AM       
Legion - Holy Mackeral this was bad. My roommate rented it though.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM       
legion kinda reminded me of demon knight but demon knight was so much better

SKATASTIC
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM       
While watching Legion I kept hoping that I would hear "MMM WWWWHHHHHAAAAATTTTT AAAAAA RRRRUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHH." Sadly it never happened.

Shakes the Clown. I've had this theory for a while but I haven't seen Bobcat Goldwhait for a few years. I fee like Charlie Day draws heavily from Bobcat Goldwhait.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 04:59 PM       
Romancing the stone. This might be the 2nd movie that has michael douglass in that I like.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM       
The Wolfman remake. Started out promising but got stupid fast. They're obviously grabbing handfuls of this and that, and I think they might actually be re-using a gollum suit for part of it.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2010, 04:18 PM       
Hot Tub Time Machine. Was worth a few good laughs.
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 02:12 AM       
i finally watched karate kid it was ok i still enjoy every jackie chan movie

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM       
butterfly and sword. the fights were great and over-the-top. also, donnie yen was in it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM       
Valentine's Day. What a star-studded piece of horseshit that was.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM       
I went to see Rocket Science, but it's apparently only been released in the rest of the world.
taco loving zombie
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM       
i'm watching the willy wonka remake am i the only one who gets really creeped out by the new oompa loompas?

SKATASTIC
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:54 AM       
He was pretty creepy.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 04:44 AM       
I LOVED shutter island, and was psyched that scorsese was involved. The plot was inconsequential, and Kitsa was right, it WASN'T really that much of a twist, anyone with half a brain immediately picked up on the themes
Spoilers!
you knew what was going to happen, what HAD to happen; it was mainly wish fulfillment for everyone who ever watched old school, REAL thrillers and wished that someone would make a modern movie in the same style. And I'm NOT talking hitchcock, I'm talking the likes of val lewton... still, that WAS the damn problem, it was specifically catered towards hardcore movie geeks who would love to watch how Scorsese would SHOW the scenes
Spoilers!

plus, the actors hammed it up in the most beautiful way possible, going back to the oldschool thriller point: I just wish that Max von Sydow wasn't relegated to making a huge impression, with absolutely NOTHING to go on (including screen time), in every single new role that he gets
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 05:41 AM       
I JUST FINISHED WATCHING
Shutter Island was a traditional idea it seems, an old standby, but put together so wonderfully. It wasn't a movie that tried to trick you by comically painting the picture in one direction, only to go 'WHOOPS, WE LIED THIS WHOLE TIME THIS IS ACTUALLY WHATS HAPPENING" in the end like most other twist endings do (Angels and Demons comes to mind). It was very careful to keep it making sense so you sort of knew what was going on, but added just enough doubt to make you question yourself on it, perfectly balancing everything out for some supreme suspense. No winking at the camera, no suspension of belief needed.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM       
the ending did kind of have a neat twist at the end though FOR EGG SAMPle
Spoilers!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 06:31 AM       
That's sort of the ambiguous part I think you are supposed to decide for yourself. I sort of felt that way though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM       
I WATCHED THIS MOVIE CALLED PARANORMAL ENTITY ON NETFLIX WHICH I THINK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY OR SOME SHIT ANYWAY IT HAD THE DUMBEST CHARACTERS EVER. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE WIKIPEDIA OR HOW TO GO TO A FUCKING CHURCH TO ESCAPE DEMONS. FUCK THEM.