Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:18 PM        Thinking about getting a new pet :o
I'm considering getting a new pet. Eventually I wanna get a cat or two, but for now I'm thinking about either getting some baby water turtles or some chinese water dragons. I've always wanted a terrarium and both of these species would be perfect to live in one.

So my question is
: have any of you had experience with either of these pets before? If so, how easy/hard are they to take care of? If you had your pick, which ones would you choose with and why?

There's a local place that has some of the water dragons for sale, not sure about the turtles though. However, there is a site called turtlesale.com that has a great selection of baby water turtles.

Another pet I'm considering are green tree frogs, but haven't done a lot of research on them yet.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM       
My neighbour had a turtle and it was pretty simple to keep alive, just had to be easy on them cuz if you spook them good enough their innards like ooze from their body

go for Mantis shrimp if at all possible but you need a lexan terrarium to contain them.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM       
Replacing your need for a child with pets will only make you a creepy old woman!
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:08 PM       
Mantis Shrimp will crack your skulls wide open, let alone the tank. No thanks :o

As for a child, clearly you didn't pick up on my wanting something that a) won't require a lot of attention and b) won't cost me a fortune. The only reason I can see for having a child at this point in my life would be if there was a food shortage. Tonight I dine on baby soup.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM       
i have a cat. his name is lou. he just ripped the arm off of the vet. he is an LA cat. good watchdog bearings. your's for free. i'll pay for the shipping and offer up a year of food
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:16 PM       
No thanks.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:47 PM       
You can get frogs for free if you drive out to the country with a net and find a ditch.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:53 PM       
Why not get a komodo dragon?
I Love Llamas
MisSFiT is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM       
I have two cat's, you can't have one without getting two.

Having baby turtles is probably a better idea to get before you get the cats.

You can also make a soup out of the turtles.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 02:17 AM       
ITS SUBCONCIOUS
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:38 AM       
Everyone I know who kept green tree frogs went through them like toilet paper. Fuckers kept getting out of the tank and dying.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM       
How'd they make it out of the tank? Did it not have a secured lid? If I end up getting frogs or whatever, the terrarium i'm thinking about getting is something along the lines of this one:

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:29 PM       
All those pets suck, and I'm being kind. None of them interact with you in any way.

Listen. Here's the pet you need.

Any kind of non human primate in an iron lung.

I'm serious. There is nothing more rewarding than coming home to the upside down head of a wheezing Orangutan that has to look at you in a mirror to see you right side up.
Administrator
doopa is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
How'd they make it out of the tank? Did it not have a secured lid? If I end up getting frogs or whatever, the terrarium i'm thinking about getting is something along the lines of this one:

That thing looks huge.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM       
My dad had a few different pairs of pirahnas in his life. They don't require too much care, and it was always awesome seeing them tear apart a big bag of goldfish. One time he went away for a weekend and forgot to have someone go by to feed them, and one took a chunk out of the other one and killed it :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
How'd they make it out of the tank? Did it not have a secured lid?
I'm convinced my friend who kept them was just a dumbass, but my cousin had them too. He had a sealed, damned nice terrarium. We never figured out how they kept escaping.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM       
Go and adopt a fat old cat and re name him to "Chairman Meow" and get him one of them little commie hats.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM       
get af erret i hear they're so kewt
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 02:22 AM       
I've owned red-eared sliders in the past. Those things can't die. And you can just dump them in a pond if you don't want them anymore.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 05:20 AM       
A red bearded dragon, although they can be quite expensive.

http://www.agamainternational.com/pa...deddragon.html

Or go for the cheap, only need to feed em' once in a while some grasshoppers; A gecko.

http://www.wellingtonzoo.com/animals...les/gecko.html
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM       
Gecko bites fucking hurt.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I'll take your word for it, Gris! My friend's gecko doesn't bite people. I'm guessing maybe cause he's always baked He's cool and just chills when we take him out. Were thinking of getting him a lady friend, so maybe he won't be so lonely when we don't pay attention to him, and aren't there.

So to make this long story short, I guess I will just have to take your word for it until that one day when he tries to bite my finger off!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
de little dudes ain't so bad, it's de goldens- dey go right through your leg like an old pipe stem.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:54 PM       
Nothing like those fire geckos :O

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:23 PM       
tru, tru