Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 12:17 AM        Question your taxes?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...061.shtml#ccmm
read: (CBS/AP) Federal authorities have cut phone, power and Internet service[even though they pay those bills] at the fortified compound of a couple convicted of tax evasion who have refused to report to prison. [they are guilty of refusal to pay income tax but there's no exact law on it, q: show the law. a: none yet?]

It's unclear what effect that has on Ed and Elaine Brown, who have solar and wind power generators at their 110-acre spread, where they have been holed up for months. [they are reported to be ready for years](see pic at the link if they still have it online)

Authorities say they don't think the Browns' equipment is sufficient to keep the home running for long.

U.S. Marshal Steve Monier acknowledged Wednesday that waiting out the Browns could take months, but he said time was on authorities' side.
He said he hoped prison would seem like an agreeable option for the Browns after a summer without air conditioning and possibly a winter without heat.

uh.., wierd and scary but
ya gotta go see the comments..
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...061.shtml#ccmm
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM       
I'd like to admit something...

I'm Geggy.

Geggy doesn't really exist. He is a figment of the Zionist Congress for WORLD AGGRESSSIONN.

Also.

The Jewish taxman will get you.
Pound of flesh, motherfuckers.
MockMeAmadeus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM       
Don't pay your taxes and discover alternative energy.

Pay your taxes and don't.

[GREEN PEACE]
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 11:17 AM       
It's amazing how morons latch onto ideas like "there's no law that says you have to pay income tax". Everyone knows on some level that's bullshit, and even if there is some silly loophole somewhere, income tax in this country is supported with the full weight of the law. Holing yourself up and defying the government is amusing, but trying to justify it legally is pathetic.

Also, NO AIR CONDITIONING ALL SUMMER IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, OH NO!!

And "110-acre compound" is an awfully grandiose way to say "big house". I'm glad our mainstream media can still be counted on to provide brilliant spin.
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 11:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog View Post
but trying to justify it legally is pathetic.

Also, NO AIR CONDITIONING ALL SUMMER IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, OH NO!!

And "110-acre compound" is an awfully grandiose way to say "big house". I'm glad our mainstream media can still be counted on to provide brilliant spin.
YES, I agree. Not paying taxes is like verbally raping Sevenforce and then expecting that he will not verbosely reply with a 'Fuck You'. It is just not in the cards.

We all have to pay taxes and there is no way around it, even if you say 'Fuck You' a zillion times.

AFTER ALL, IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM       
There is a law on the books that says you have to pay income taxes. Do I like it? No. Do I want it repealed? Yes.

Does this mean we can just ignore it? Of course not.

Idiots try this every year, and every year the courts slap them down.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM       
I, for one, am happy paying income taxes because it means that I have a nonprivatized government.

On the other hand, FUCK death taxes. Dole out your possessions before you croak.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 05:31 PM       
Then they get taxed.

I don't like income taxes because it means I'm getting taxed twice. Once, when I get my paycheck (just got one today. Fucking feds took 1/3 of it) and then a second time when I make a purchase. And God forbid I actual put it into a long term savings account. Can we say "capitol gains" boys and girls?

The Browns, however, are clinging to that myth that there is no law on the books. Indeed there is.

They are not the first people to challenge this in court and they are not the first to lose.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM       
Capital gains taxes are way less than income taxes. Like half as much, if I remember right, especially the long term ones. I mean, yeah, you're still getting taxed, but you're not really working for that money anyway. I'm happy to give Uncle Sam some dough for facilitating a system where I can buy something, sit around for a while, and then sell it for a bunch more.
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM       
Sit around and do nothing? Thats not how you invest money. You research it, you learn about it, you follow it.

Its not heavy lifting, but its certainly not passive.

Its not income and capitol gains themselves that bug me. Its the fact that anything I do with my money (earn it, spend it, save it) gets me taxed further.

Why not streamline spending and then gives one consistent method of taxing?
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM       
those simply claiming "there is" a law that says we have to pay income taxes or simply 'it is the law it was shown in court' havn't really looked into it.
the law states that we have to pay income taxes on 'profit' labor is excluded.
I don't really have any problem with this tax but i find it interesting that i can't prove that folks like the browns are incorrect. I hear they have offered the deed to thier property to anyone that can prove its the law. There's also a 500k reward from someone in fla that i'm having trouble finding and an old 50k reward rumored as well.
My understanding about the 'proof' in court or precedent of trials have all been jury trials and the prosecution threatenes the jury with being guilty of tax evasion themselves if they rule in defence of the accused. often there is a juror that says that the jury will be audited if they rule against the government. pretty easy to sway a jury with those circumstances.

i also found the wording of the article interesting.. these two people are being treated like wackos when, if you seen any interview with them, they are very reasonable folks.. the government looks like a major bully on this one.

try calling the irs and asking them for a quote onthe tax law that says we have to pay income taxes.. they will put on hold till you hang up or just hang up on you. look it up yerself.. there are many taxes that are stated clearly but income is not one of them.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 01:17 AM       
Ranxer listens to coast to coast am

even if it is on profit only... they have some 110 acre "compound" with wind and solar power plants, obviously they made some profit at some point.

Last edited by kahljorn : Jun 17th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 12:17 PM       
ranxer:

Congress reserves the right to tax any transfer of funds, including payment for labor.

See section 1 of the Internal Revenue Code for the law that says that income tax is levied on every individual in the United States. It should be on the Internet. It may be long and dense, but just do a quick search for the word "income" or "taxable income".

The reason these people get stonewalled when they say "show us the law!" is because everyone in the government knows they're just being stupid. Every single case of tax protest like this that has gone to court has been not just shot down, but ridiculed by federal judges. They've gotten past the point where they're willing to humor people.

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 03:04 PM       
SUPPOSEDLY, there was this guy who worked for the IRS who used to go around telling people they didn't have to pay taxes. He represented or something a few people in court over the issue and they won.
Mocker
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM       
Ranx, your understanding is flawed. Your fairy tales of jury tampering are crap.

And just because they go on prerecorded edited radio interviews with hosts that favor them does not mean they are reasonable people.

I'm pretty sure their actions up until this point mean they are off their freakin rockers.
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM       
well damn, ok, i must admit that it is the tax code, huge and stated as laws are stated in terms that could be confusing and questionable but the more i read, the more it seems there's plenty of definitions about income tax to me now that i look at it again from sites OTHER than the income tax rebels(my bad for not doing more before i posted). i've ignored these arguements for a long time for i thought it was bull. i think i'm back to that thanks to yas.

the last thing that people in the libertarian income tax rebellion are saying is that the income tax law wasn't ratified by enough senators.. so again, i'm ready to say 'whatever' and go back to telling these people that we should care more about What They're Doing With Our Taxes than whether a tax is 'constitutional' or not.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM       
Some stupid woman was doing something like this a few years ago in my city. She claimed that there was no legal precendent for making people pay taxes, so therefore she didn't have to (she owned like $1.2M or something ridiculous because she was one of those scam artist pyramid scheme people and the government found where she was hiding all of her money).

The court case ended up being long and drawn out because she represented herself and wore a badge with an upside-down stamp on it then claimed to be a "Postmaster General" or some shit, which gave her special legal powers. She also talked in some weird gibberish language in court, which she claimed was the "true" legal language.

In the end, she was charged with contempt of court and the government confiscated everything she owned. Later she tried to get sympathy by parading her kids around because they were all poor now, but everyone laughed at her.
BANNED

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM       
hahahahaha, hilarious. I know people like that (the whole true nature of court/law thing).
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:03 AM        constitutional?
ok, so it seems the baseline for this type of protest is the constitution. there have been plenty of tax laws added but the constitution doesn't
seem to require any labor tax.
correct me if i'm wrong but i'm spending too much time on other things.

um, and coast to coast am is at least seventyfive percent a waste of time
or entertainment/distraction.
the other 25% might be kinda valid, depending on who's on.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM       
The constitution doesn't include anything on taxes because of these reasons:

a) It is assumed by everyone (except serious homos) that you will be paying taxes to someone or something (this has been the case since the beginning of civilization)

b) The constitution would be a billion pages long.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 09:45 AM       
damn right.
Mocker
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 03:57 PM       
All the Constitution mentions about taxes is that Congress can levy them. It makes no specific mention of what can or can't be taxed.