Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM        This really doesnt have to do with anything in the thread...
But apparently one of my good friends at the Newsfilter.org board was stalked down by someone from our board there and at antimtv.com and he was severly injured. As much as no one likes me here and vice versa, I can stronly say that it would never lead to physical violence.

You can see whats up with the situation here:

http://www.newsfilter.org/forum/foru...p?s=&forumid=1

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:38 PM       
Which thread is it in, Vince? That just took me to the forum.

If it's true, that's insanely fucked up.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:45 PM        Wow
Proto - The very first one about Gator.

Vince - Man that is some scary shit. Especially the fact that he was treated as a perp instead of a victim right after it happened.
God I hate people......

I may not know him, but I wish him the best.

Old May 9th, 2003, 12:48 PM       
Its the sticky on top. The first thread.

I set up a the front of my site to take donations incase something happens to him... Ill find out more as I know.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:25 PM       
Okay, I hate to be the cynical jerk here, But I see only two possabilites here
and if some proof emerges that I'm wrong, I'll honestly feel bad, but..

A.) MOST LIKELY: This is a hoax. There are no procedural reasons the guy saying he's an NYC policeman would be assigned this case let alone have plane chartered for him. If this case was part of a large enough deal to do anything even remotely along thise lines, the FBI would not let him roam freely and post information on his board. This is after all, a stalker/internet crime thing, yes? Even if they felt for reasons of civil liberties (HAH!) that he should be allowed the freedom to pursue things however he pleaed, why is this cop in the middle of an investigation sitting down every so often and posting? I don't think it's a joke, I think it's the internet version of deeply disturbed pathological lying.

B.) FAR LESS LIKELY: This Gator guy did get hurt in Boston, and his friend has gone up to see him. Period. No conspiracy, no internet tie in.

I could certainly be wrong, but this story has jumbo plot holes in it. And Vince; If I am wrong, and this Concrete King guy exists? It should give you a moments pause, because this sort of bully boy threatening is EXACTLY how you like to come off.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Okay, I hate to be the cynical jerk here, But I see only two possabilites here
and if some proof emerges that I'm wrong, I'll honestly feel bad, but..

A.) MOST LIKELY: This is a hoax. There are no procedural reasons the guy saying he's an NYC policeman would be assigned this case let alone have plane chartered for him. If this case was part of a large enough deal to do anything even remotely along thise lines, the FBI would not let him roam freely and post information on his board. This is after all, a stalker/internet crime thing, yes? Even if they felt for reasons of civil liberties (HAH!) that he should be allowed the freedom to pursue things however he pleaed, why is this cop in the middle of an investigation sitting down every so often and posting? I don't think it's a joke, I think it's the internet version of deeply disturbed pathological lying.

B.) FAR LESS LIKELY: This Gator guy did get hurt in Boston, and his friend has gone up to see him. Period. No conspiracy, no internet tie in.

I could certainly be wrong, but this story has jumbo plot holes in it. And Vince; If I am wrong, and this Concrete King guy exists? It should give you a moments pause, because this sort of bully boy threatening is EXACTLY how you like to come off.

Having been on the old board (anti-mtv)and taking "TruthFilter's" (a.k.a. "newsfilter") reaction in consideration on the whole matter, both your A and B points should probably be concieved as accurate!

The little shit, who now goes by the name "Burn in effigy" on their site, thinks he is a big time NY cop, when in reality he is nothing but a little rookie wanna-be-like-the-big-boys... "Special task enforcement " my bare ass!

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM       
I didn't check out the whole thread there, so I don't know if it means anything, but here's the first thing I noticed as I clicked the link:

(Users Browsing this Forum: Gator)

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
I didn't check out the whole thread there, so I don't know if it means anything, but here's the first thing I noticed as I clicked the link:

(Users Browsing this Forum: Gator)

I think what you read was apparently more than sufficient!

and Vince: I am very sorry, I don't mean to offend you but, I just can't help myself: aaaha...aaahihi..WOHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM       
Travelling to a different city to kick some guy's ass is lame. It's much easier to freak them out by getting someone (a total stranger to the person in question) to say hello for you.

I only wish I could have gotten a picture of thekapn's face.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 04:53 PM        :(
Sadly, I really do have this belief that people are better than to make something like that up.
I should know better.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:32 PM       
I can't say for sure, and it's to your credit you didn't think to doubt it, Vibe... but the whole thing sounds shady to me. The Gator character browsing doesn't neccesarily mean anything. His account could have been left on, a friend might have been using it, hey, sounds like the FBI is loaning out laptops left and right in Boston and NYC right now, so who knows.

But it sounds like hogwash to me, from the tough guy cop 'assigned' to the case on down. I also find it telling that this is an opportuity for several at this board to sound off about how they'll kill this guy on sight (which concidering they don't know who he is is funny in and of itself) to their eagerly paranoid fear as they desperately wonder are they important enough to pack heat.

This is one of the needs the internet fulfills. Making people feel as if they are the stars of their own movie.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:58 PM       
I still haven't read that thread about Gator, but I just hopped over there and now they're saying he died.

I'll have to look into all of this later.
Old May 9th, 2003, 06:17 PM       
At 6:29 'Gator' was chuckling to "Effigy" about how he had insurance and Vince ought to take down thge paypal donation message on his site.

Less than five hours later, he has slipped into a coma, and now we can add the ATF to the list of agencies currently apprehending this felon.

Vince claims to know the victim personally, to in fact have been close friends with him. Since this is all happening in Boston, I expect I'll see dramatic details on the news.

I'll be chagrined of any of this is true, but I don't think I'm going to be using my chagrining muscles. Here's the only part I'm %100 percent sure of. Effigy? Totally full of shit.

The main question to me now is, is Vince an innocent dupe (which concidering how fast Effigy told him he should take down his donation button, which is still up) or a co-conspirator?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 06:18 PM       
There's no way the board would've been left running if it was being used in an investigation.

I hope your friend is okay Vince, but if this is a joke, I hope God punishes him severely for messing with all of you like this.

Old May 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM       
It turns out it was all a big pile of shit. I left about 3 minutes after I put up the donation shit so I have not been able to keep up with everything... but needless to say I am fucking irritated.
Resident Chimp
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:23 PM       
You know that trombone sound that gets played on comedy shows when something happens to somebody guillible, like a bucket of water falling on them or the pie-in-the-face, and they look into the camera with that "why me?" expression?

That sound should be played right now.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:48 PM       
this has been a test of the internet homeland security spook show, hah you can go about yer normal lives now.. um yea i f*ng looked at %6/hfilter.com too thanks vinc(th)e whatever
hehe
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:20 AM       
The word for today is credulous.

Used in a sentence?

Vince is Credulous.
Mocker
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:07 AM       
No Vince, I'm not going to attack you on this. You believed your friends when you thought there was a problem, you didn't assume it was nonsense, and I commend you.

What gave it away? Whay happened?
Mocker
Old May 10th, 2003, 04:15 AM       
Vince, I can't register with that board, will you please tell them on my behalf that they are a bunch of worthless scumbags?? What human trash, I'm so pissed. I hope Gator does die.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2003, 09:28 AM       
Heh, incidentally the events of that article allegedly took place in my and Carnivore's hometown. I recognize the name of the officer, and the state park there. No date however. Couldn't find anything recent on the town or regional newspaper referring to this crime, either.
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:42 AM       
Here are the high points for me:

The perpatrators of this hoax where supposedlly doing it to impart high minded moral message. IE ,people behind message board names are real. Oh, hey, thanks for the moral instruction. Theres nothing like a total scumbag who'd tell you a friend is dead for ethical instruction.

In the midst of this VERY poorly perpatrated hoax, the main author couldn't go even two setences without making his role seem important and exciting and making himself sound as macho as possible.

The threads and Vinces impassioned post about raising money (which I think was on the level by the way, and shows there are even worse folks out there thaan Vince) been removed, so no evidence of the hoaxers personal vileness, stupidity and lousy hoaxing skills exist.

Some friends, there Vince. You're I-mock pals have the stones to insult your intelligence aand be mean to your face. You're better off with us.
Resident Chimp
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:15 AM       
That hoax had me until I read "Gator's wife" a few sentences in. Everyone knows that there's no way people who use the Internet could be married.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:33 AM       
Anyone a sociology or psychology student? This would make a great term paper subject.
Mocker
Old May 12th, 2003, 01:38 PM       
I minored in soc., but this would be a damn good research project, IMO.