Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
I can't help but be excited about anything Watchmen right now. Sure, there's a big chance that the movie and game will turn out to be shitty, especially to those of us that really like the novel. Having said that, Watchmen has such a great plot, characters, and mood that it would be a crime to not bring it to the masses.
Man Next Door
HappyHamster is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I can't help but be excited about anything Watchmen right now. Sure, there's a big chance that the movie and game will turn out to be shitty, especially to those of us that really like the novel. Having said that, Watchmen has such a great plot, characters, and mood that it would be a crime to not bring it to the masses.
Yeah but that doesnt exactly mean that it should be made into a movie or game... if the world should see it (again) then it should be re-released in the form of some kind of....giant book. And you could just pick it up at a store that sells other books, of various kinds... a store of books.
I shouldnt bitch though, I enjoyed the Sin City movie... Still, I wouldnt be surprised if the movie turns out shit (including the game.)
Oozes machismo
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:23 PM       
There's sort of this stigma about comic books, which is why a lot of people don't bother with them. How many people knew Road to Perdition or A History of Violence were graphic novels before they were movies? Plus I'm pretty sure that reading in general has taken a backseat to movies and games with recent generations. Like The Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia, young people will discover the book via the movie.
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:10 AM       
I know and I understand, but doesnt it bother you? Even just a tiny bit, that reading has taken a backseat to movies and games?
All the great books and such are being re-made (and some are literally being re-made...by explaining the history of a certain character, or adding useless sex scenes or what have you), some of the movies have entire scenes that weren't in the books...Its kind of sad in a way.
But I hope that some people dont take the fandom to far. I mean, not to long ago, I saw someones drawing of Spider ...except that he was drawn in that obnoxious anime style and trying to ass rape Rorschach.... do you have any idea how upsetting that was? Christ....
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:13 AM       
no we've all been desensitized
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:14 AM       
Thats a damn shame. Oh well, c'est la vie, right?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:24 AM       
yes it is a shame you are still not immune to being annoyed by incredibly petty things
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 03:43 AM       
I guess youre right... I probably should stop giving two shits about anything that goes on these days.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 12:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHamster View Post
I know and I understand, but doesnt it bother you? Even just a tiny bit, that reading has taken a backseat to movies and games?
All the great books and such are being re-made (and some are literally being re-made...by explaining the history of a certain character, or adding useless sex scenes or what have you), some of the movies have entire scenes that weren't in the books...Its kind of sad in a way.
But I hope that some people dont take the fandom to far. I mean, not to long ago, I saw someones drawing of Spider ...except that he was drawn in that obnoxious anime style and trying to ass rape Rorschach.... do you have any idea how upsetting that was? Christ....
I'm fine with a game, a movie or a book as long as it's enjoyable. The thing about adding and deleting stuff is that movies, games, and books are completely different mediums. No one ever complains that novelizations of films tend to differ greatly from the film. Yet everyone complains when a movie differs from the book or game it's based on.
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:02 PM       
I know that they are different mediums...ones a book you read, ones a book you watch, and ones a book you play, in a way. But thats not an excuse to turn anything anyone wanted into a movie/game.
Like I said though, I enjoyed Sin City and found the comics that way, so this movie could be good. The games look pretty good but nothing I can take to seriously. (meaning i could play it for a bit but get bored before any real time passes)
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
No one ever complains that novelizations of films tend to differ greatly from the film. Yet everyone complains when a movie differs from the book or game it's based on.
Also, the reason why this is is because when you read a book, you already have this idea how everything should look and feel. When you read the book version of a movie, youve already had everything described to you (well, youve seen it visually).
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:24 PM       
And the filmmaker has an idea of how everything should look and feel too, and he's the one with the camera, cast, and money. Let's not get off topic here. The Watchmen game looks interesting, but the episodic thing has me feeling iffy. If the game was really made with the mindset of being a worthwhile addition to the film/comic/overall lore then it should merit a real release.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:34 PM       
People read novelizations of movies?
Man Next Door
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM       
I dont know why they would make the game episodic unless they ran out of time or something...or if they're just releasing it just to get some extra cash because of the movie coming out. (sort of like those spider-man games).
Still, a real release probably would be better, no matter how "short" the game may actually be.

Yeah, the 'I am Legend' book version of the movie apparently was more popular than the original.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 01:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
People read novelizations of movies?
When you're in Iraq you'll read just about anything. Can't explain why people would read them otherwise, though.
OH GOD
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 06:46 PM       
i read the novelizations of gremlins and spaceballs when i was in middle school
Man Next Door
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM       
They made a book out of Spaceballs? Seriously?
OH GOD
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 06:00 AM       
well you gotta remember, merchandising IS where the real money from the movie is made
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:44 PM       
I read the novelization of Blaster Master. Bitch.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM       
the FLAMETHROWER!!!

Man Next Door
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
I read the novelization of Blaster Master. Bitch.
ಠ_ಠ
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:33 AM       
Tetris - Fallen Blocks.

Best Cyberpunk-Historic Pirate Tale-Crossover ever.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM       
So i'm playing neverwinter nights, AGAIN, and also writing some stand-up comedy, in case i ever accidentally go to Lake Geneva, WI.

How many people here tonight have named their first born "Gary"?
Two people... not bad. OK, how many of those are girls? The same hands went up! Unbelieveable!

Seriously though... You should name a girl GYGAX! It just sounds spooky, right? Sure, she'll be a virgin until she's 35, but that's what Dad's want, right?

Uuuuuuggggghhh (cough), so anyway, speaking of not having sex, I started building a Monk character just a couple days ago...

(crickets chirp)

A monk who was multiclassed.

I wanted versatile kick-assery.

So i multiclassed him with a Wizard.

(Chuckles, claps and a couple of boos)

I'm sorry sir, what did you say?

(Yer mother's a wizard... on my face!! [followed by imbelic laughter])

Rigghhhhhhtttt!!! I think you need to put some more points into yer Heckler skill, sir. Either that or you should ask yer Dungeon Master to re-roll the percentile dice for yer mother to not sit down on yer Dad's dick while he's jerking off.

I did say it was great to be here, didn't I?
So yeah, i went for a Monk/Wizard combo.... but here's the punchline. I took the skills i needed to became an Arcane Archer (Race:Elf, Attack bonus +6, Weapon focus: Long bow, Never leave yer Mom's attic:affirmitive)

and after 8th level I didn't get the Arcane Archer option!!!!

I guess ya just gotta be a Fighter or a Cleric or a Ranger or a Paladin, nowadays.... Or an Elf who's NOT circumcized!! Isn't that right, ladies?

(crowd throws rotten vegetables with a skill rank of 1000)
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
I just fulfilled all the inane requirments to get the actual ending in Cave Story and the thing glitches the fuck up when I beat the core thingy.

I didn't invest money in this game, but I sure is hell invested time.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM       
Never played it but I hear its a long ass game. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.