Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM       
Willow on the NES is the only situation where the game was superior to the movie.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM       
Yeah maybe if willow (the movie) didn't kick so much ass that would be possible.

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
for once, I really truly agree with Zomboid. I fucking love Willow.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
I do too, but the game is fucking spectacular. :0
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
LAST ACTION HERO.

But seriously it's unfair to put video games based on movies in these kinds of lists because video games based on movies usually suck pretty much 95% of the time.

True Lies for Megadrive and SNES was awesome. Sure it didn't really follow the plot in the movie, but it was 100% fun to play.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
I thought I already posted in a topic about shit video games, but I guess I was WRONG. Well, free games and the N64 suck, so that's a trend most can agree on.

5. Diddy Kong Racing (N64) - Everybody clamored about this game, even police officers. I thought it was irritating and shit at best. But notable that they pushed Conker as a children's character before a really unexpected 180.

4. Pokemon Snap (N64) - Quite possibly one of the most pointless games ever made. It had a special ploy to print stickers at Blockbusters, which lasted all of a month.

3. Adventure Quest (FREE MMO) You think Quest 64 was boring and uninspired!? The banner ads give a perfect idea of just how uincreative this brainless shitfest is.

2. Runescape (FREE MMO) Because it's concocted the most surreal imagery I've ever seen in my life. Dozens of kids running to the public library to play a god-awful MMO with horrible graphics and stuff. On the bright side, the graphics aren't done in MS Paint anymore and rather 3dSMAX version 2.0 or something. Still, I played it for five minutes and said "What the fuck are my friends on?".

1. Strategy Guides. I think a top five lists of most pointless strategy guides would be more amusing.

j/k fuck them
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:34 PM       
Runescape always was garbage. I remember playing as Banjo in DKR and was like heh, this guys pretty neat. Then he got his own game, and I was like aw... now EVERYONE will like him.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk View Post
1. Strategy Guides. I think a top five lists of most pointless strategy guides would be more amusing.
Except that the entire list would be populated by the FF9 strategy guide, the most useless piece of shit ever produced. Every page had a numerical code you were supposed to type into PlayOnline.com that would take you to a 404 error page because they released the game before finishing the website.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM       
I hate all strategy guides anyway and I hate giving in to the pressure of looking up how to get past certain areas of games when I'm stuck.

I can never find anyone who shares this opinion though I find it more rewarding to figure stuff out on my own because I'm a huge fag

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Fucking Finland
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I can never find anyone who shares this opinion though I find it more rewarding to figure stuff out on my own because I'm a huge fag
I'm with you all the way man!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:56 AM       
things like that make me wish the internet didnt exist, sometimes
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:17 AM       
what makes it worse is when you get help with the part you're stuck on you find out it's retardedly simple and feel like an idiot for not knowing what to do
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
what makes it worse is when you get help with the part you're stuck on you find out it's retardedly simple and feel like an idiot for not knowing what to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-G4sP5fvw
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:24 AM       
hahahahaha ;<

There were a bunch of places like that in Tales of Symphonia that I couldn't figure out because I thought, "No, it can't be that simple. You'd have to be a fucking IDIOT to try that."
Fucking Finland
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I never had problems with the barrel when I played Sonic3 on Mega Drive. But when I played the game few years ago on emulator it was frustrating. To make things worse, the carnival zone's music is fucking annoying, as if the game itself would mock you for your retarded attempts to pass the barrel
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 05:07 AM       
Nagano Olympics for N64
FarCry: Vengeance for wii
Return to Castle Wolfenstein on PS2 (not the pc or xbox versions, which I hear were much better)
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Those are the only games I can think of that have seriously disappointed me. Keep in mind I was 10 or 11 when I got Nagano. I've played some other gloriously awful games like the 3D remake of Paperboy for N64, but games like that have a special place in my heart.

I got Farcry: Vengence thinking "Come on, it can't be that bad. After two or three games, they've gotta have the FarCry formula down by now, right?" WRONG. In their defense, I'm sure they were more focussed on Crysis at the time, but still.

Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM       
  • Journey (Atari): The one based on the rock band. Just a stupid premise for a game.
  • Mighty Bomb Jack (NES): Just a ridiculously boring and confusing game. What was worse, I bought it new and it had no manual, so I had no clue what to do.
  • Athena (NES): It just never seemed to go anywhere. Poor level design and mechanics.
  • Spawn (PS1): I forget if it had a subtitle, but this was truly a heaping mountain of corny, runny, tri-colored shit among all the other piles of Spawn crap games. Awful graphics, very poor controls, and buggy on top of all that.
  • Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins (PS1): Hated for its complete lack of everything that made the first one so good.
Mortal Kombat Expert
halfthecottonbros is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 11:05 AM        BLASPHEMUR!
BLASPHEMUR!

[quote=MattJack;520917]Guitar Hero.
DDR.
Dynasty Warriors.
Mortal Kombat for the Sega.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM       
Quote:
I never had problems with this personally, and I didn't realize frustration with this part of the game was universal until everybody on the internet complained about it.

It's kind of like how everyone says "IT BLEW MY MIND WHEN I FOUND OUT THE 'D' IN THE DISNEY LOGO WAS A 'D'" when really, come on. What the hell people

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Banned

23_ is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk View Post
3. Adventure Quest

2. Runescape
I agree. When I played RuneScape, I made my player an archer, but when I finally got the best free player armor for archers, pvp clans would laugh at me because they'd rather pick a "pure" with 60 ranging and 10 defence who appears at the same combat level as my 40 ranging and 40 defence. Even though the "pure" can't even wear the full armor at that low defence.

But after playing Adventure Quest for about 10 minutes, I thought "Wow, this even makes RuneScape look good." But they're both garbage.

Also, I haven't seen Second Life mentioned here yet. There's no point to it at all, and they make you pay your real money to own e-land.
Forum Virgin
Rahvi is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM       
  • Final fantasy mystic quest (SNES), the shittiest RPG of all time, I actually bought this piece of crap back in the day.
  • Wayne´s world (SNES)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
  • Wing of Wor also called Gynoug (Genesis), a horrible and ridiculously difficult shooter
  • Maximum Carnage (SNES)
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 06:21 PM       
I liked Mystic Quest.
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM       
In no particular order:

Rise of The Robots- boring as sin fighter

Mafia- the beginning started out pretty strong. But I've never seen a game fizzle out so quickly. I wouldn't call it terrible, but it's in the bottom.

WWF Smackdown 2- dear God, the load times form hell!

Runescape- I think this one's been covered.

And rounding out the list is a bunch of licensed crap I bought for the SNES. I can't pick which one deserves to be called out as the worst. I consider the collection as one pitiful unit.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 08:02 PM       
the best part of that barrel in sonic 3 was that everytime i rented the game as a kid all the save files were stuck on that level
Forum Virgin
Rahvi is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
I liked Mystic Quest.

I’m curious, why?
Graphics were below average, the story was pretty generic, there was no character development, there were no random encounters, you couldn’t customize your characters, the party consisted of two members…
And let’s not forget it came out AFTER FF IV (Or II or whatever), which is a much better game.