Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 05:10 AM        The evolution of your musical taste
In this thread I want people to go back as far as they can remember and say who their favorite band was, then who it changed to after that, and after that, etc. up to the present day. If you are one of those people who who has a hard time coming up with an exact favorite due to listening to way to much music (such as myself), just try to narrow it down as much as possible.

When I was a kid, my favorite band was Iron Maiden. Then Mercyful Fate. Then when I discovered punk it became the Dead Kennedys and the Minutemen. Sorta Frank Zappa at the same time. After that it was Sebadoh briefly. Then Guided By Voices. Then after discovering the album Trout Mask Replica it was Captain Beeheart & His Magic Band. Then I went through a period of discovering so much kick ass music all at once that its very hard to say who my favorite was. Possibly it was Olivia Tremor Control, or Joel Phelps, or The Rock*A*Teens, or The Shadow Ring. For many years now it has been Caroliner Rainbow. Unbelievable band, never heard anything remotely like them.

Last edited by Jomb : Nov 23rd, 2007 at 03:32 AM. Reason: forgetful bastard