Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:58 PM       
FF1, 6, and 7 are my favorites, and I don't hate 8 as much as everyone else seems to. I generally regard everything after that as an abortion, but now that I have a PS2 I might give 12 a chance if I ever happen across it.

I played Final Fantasy 2 and liked it, but couldn't be arsed to get very far because the leveling system was completely fucked. Props to this one for being the first to have set characters, instead of MAGE, FIGHTER, THIEF.

Final Fantasy Tactics is the most boring game I have ever played in my life.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I pretty much hate it to be honest. I just don't care for that kind of thing. The art style, the story, the characters - it just makes me think "Mehh fuck this". The Japanese-ness of it is the main problem for me. Damn Japanese.
IF IT WERE FF7: THE NORMANDY INVASION YOU'D LOVE IT!

WHY DO YOU ONLY LIKE BORING FPS RTS WWII GAMES YOU LOONEY TOON?
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Today, I hooked my laptop up to my xbox and uploaded pictures. Can your PS3 do that, micro?
Yes and i get to have the power of a super computer in my ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Muahahahhaha,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$!$!$!$!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM       
Urgh.

FFT took me in when I was in the eighth grade. Now I don't give two shits about it. FF7 was long and fun. FF8 was insanely better. blah blah blah
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Yes and i get to have the power of a super computer in my ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Muahahahhaha,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$!$!$!$!
The power of a supercomputer, the capabilty of a Commodore 64 running Windows Vista!

I got my start with Tactics with FFTA. The story was negligible kiddy crap, but the game was fun.

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM       
Actually, I got Tactics for PSP, and my experience consisted of:

-Picking random units because I can't see the map I'm fighting on
-What do you mean "you can only bring 5 people"? Why give me, like, 30 slots if I'll never use them?
-Waiting for my turn
-Special attacks LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
-Oh god please let it be my turn now
-Another special attack is killing the frame rate again
-Oh for fuck's sake when's my turn?
-Okay I can go now. I attacked a guy.
-The enemy I just attacked ran away and healed.
-It's still not my turn yet.
-My lunch break is over now.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 01:25 PM       
^
Yeah, you have to get tactics for a console or even emulate it. The first battle is kind of bland because you don't really have any abilities yet. I couldn't even imagine playing it on a lunch break unless it was later on in the game. Battles generally take a long time. I would end up making Ramza a Warrior with Dual Wield from Ninja and Ignore Height from Dragoon, then give him an excalibur for +Haste and just go and woop on people in no time.

FF Tactics enemies also level up with your characters so the game is continually challenging.

This glitch only happened on my friends game but later on you come across a battlefield where he had to fight around 12 Monk enemies. Normally not that bad if there's a few of them but anytime you would attack one of them, two others would come over and chakra each other so they basically had almost a regen effect on.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
but... but the bad guys level up as you do, so getting more powerful doesn't make a shit of difference
Did they? I was smashing the bosses in two or five turns later on, they didn´t level up enough apparently. Now, a game that really did it wrong was Oblivion but that´s another story :D
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM       
What didn't Oblivion do wrong?

I think my favorite bug is the one where if two people are attacking you at once and you surrender to one of them, they'll start fighting each other. I got the countess of Bravil locked in a life and death duel with her ladyservant
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM       
I HATE MGO.

FUCKING HATE>
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 06:37 PM       
Aww, sweetie, wanna talk about it?
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 11:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
^
Yeah, you have to get tactics for a console or even emulate it. The first battle is kind of bland because you don't really have any abilities yet. I couldn't even imagine playing it on a lunch break unless it was later on in the game. Battles generally take a long time. I would end up making Ramza a Warrior with Dual Wield from Ninja and Ignore Height from Dragoon, then give him an excalibur for +Haste and just go and woop on people in no time.

FF Tactics enemies also level up with your characters so the game is continually challenging.
Actually, I could usually get one battle done over the course of a 15 minute break. But then I got stuck on the map with the guillotine, and that battle's such bullshit that, when combined with all the other crap I hated (not seeing where exactly my units are going, waiting forever to input a command, random battles, isometric maps) made me stop playing the game. I tolerated that stuff to a point, but once I got stopped at that map, I pretty much had my full.

I'd give it a C, only because I'd like to think that buried somewhere in that whole mess is a compelling game.

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM       
That battle almost made me quit a few times. It's probably the second worst battle in the game after Velius. Holy shit I hate that one.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 10:52 AM       
There's so much to do in Tactics. You just have to put up with it for a little while to really get good. I was stuck on the warehouse battle for quite some time because of the black mages. The Velius battle wasn't too bad for me but I was forwarned about it. That's the one with Ramza and Velius by themselves at the start where you can steal the Genji equipment right?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Aww, sweetie, wanna talk about it?
NO I DON'T, YOU MOTHERF@CKER. IT'S LIKE EVERYBODY WITH THE ASSAULT RIFLE SKILL EQUIPPED AND AN M4 CUSTOM GETS AN AUTOMATIC WIN BUTTON. HEADSHOTS FOR EVERYBODY. YAY! FUCK YOU. THIS GAME IS SHIT.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
Should I get for my PC Fallout 3 or RE5?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
Does RE5 have the same co-op on PC it does on Xbox? If so and you have people to play with get it. If not get Fallout. They are both great games though...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:37 PM       
Get Fallout 3. It's worth it, plus it's out right now.

SKATASTIC
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:39 PM       
Is Fallout 3 multiplayer on PC or still single only?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM       
I thought RE5 was out for PC. From what I hear you guys saying, it's not that great solo. I like to play solo. I think I still wish Fallout 3 was the old style, but I've been playing shooters again so I guess now would be the prime time to play it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
If nothing else, Fallout 3 is huge and you can spend a lot of time just exploring.

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Is Fallout 3 multiplayer on PC or still single only?
Single.

There's so much to do in it, though, that it really doesn't matter. Plus, the PC version lets you download and use mods to add even more.

SKATASTIC
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM       
That's pretty nice then. I've watched my friends play it for a few hours and it seems pretty cool. My sister was doing some mission where:

Spoilers!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 07:32 PM       
I wanna do a mission with your sister
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 08:33 PM       
Mission Impossible