Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forum Virgin
Vyvyan Basterd is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM       
Jay mohr has a new show called master debaters. Where is hitler when you need him?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:54 AM       
They even made a tv series I hear.

Last edited by Dimnos : Sep 9th, 2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Removed crappy img that didnt work. :(
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:29 PM       
So this season of True Blood ends on Sunday. Although it had perhaps the most shitty opening episodes ever, it managed to become much stronger and enjoyable. Finale is looking to be a great one.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM       
I hope so, I hate me some Marnie. Especially Marnie's lackey.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM       
I think I watch True Blood just to hate it. I mean, I enjoy watching it but personally I hate it. Their approach to storytelling is to give you an explosive start, boring middle, then a cliffhanger which leads to the next explosive start. The side stories seem tacked on and the whole show just layers on the cheeseyness of it all. That said, I watch it faithfully because my brain is somehow damaged in a way that I like to hate it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
Yesterdays Futurama was the worse one they have ever made.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 05:23 PM       
Sam's brother was an interesting character. He tried to help Sam a lot but ended up hurting him a lot instead. Because he was stupid.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:32 PM       
Yeah, they really killed him off when he started to get interesting with skin walking. It seems any time a character starts to get really interesting, they do something to change that.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM       
Yeah that's the weird thing about Tommy, up until that episode I was like "god damnit this guy is annoying just kill him or something".
And then I was like, oh he's gone now.

The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 03:56 PM       
Since I'm sick and in bed a lot the past few weeks, I decided to start watching Arrested Development all the way through again (I'm sure I've done this over 15 times). I've gone through the first season and half of the second. I still see and hear new things whenever I watch these episodes, they're just all layered. There's jokes you don't even laugh at unless you've seen later episodes way after the current one you're on. I know it's said so much, but fuck you America, for not watching this show when it was on. I know I did my part. Of course that was back when I actually watched television rather than download it.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
I still need to watch season two of arrested developement.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM       
Well you're in luck. Season 2 is free on Hulu for now. Until they switch the free thing to season 3.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM       
All of it is on Netflix.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 12:42 AM       
I just don't have enough time anymore.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM       
I "won" two tickets to a theater screening of the new season of Dexter. Then when I went to print the pass, they pulled the old switcheroo and it was suddenly a screening of some new Showtime series with a "sneak peek" of Dexter.

I would have had to drive through downtown Cincinnati, which sucks under the best of circumstances, and if it had been a full preview episode of Dexter it would ALMOST have been worthwhile. I was pissed at the bait and switch, though, so I tried to give my tickets away. No takers
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM       
By screening of the new season, you made it seem like you were going to be sitting in a theater for 14 hours watching the whole next season. So it was only like a 15 minute preview or something? That's pretty shitty. I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch 2 hours of dexter, of course I'm not a huge fan. There's only so many times ghost dad can pop out and talk to dex before I don't even want to watch that episode. They should just change the show to dexter and ghost dad solving crimes.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM       
Started watching The Mighty Boosh. It's hilarious and one of those shows I really should have seen years ago. Very original stuff. Closest comparison I can think of is Spaced, but the jokes are a bit different. It's one of those comedies, where the jokes sound really dumb on paper, but when you actually see it happen, it's laugh out loud funny. Recommended for everyone with a sense of humor.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
By screening of the new season, you made it seem like you were going to be sitting in a theater for 14 hours watching the whole next season. So it was only like a 15 minute preview or something? That's pretty shitty. I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch 2 hours of dexter, of course I'm not a huge fan. There's only so many times ghost dad can pop out and talk to dex before I don't even want to watch that episode. They should just change the show to dexter and ghost dad solving crimes.

Some seasons of Dexter I didn't like at all, but on the whole I really enjoy the show. When I signed up for the screening, I thought that I was sort of applying to be in sort of a focus-group kind of thing, and that maybe we would watch the first episode of the new season and maybe answer a questionnaire or something. But no, turns out they were just using the more popular show to draw people in for a shitty show.

If it had been the season premiere of Dexter, I probably would have gone. But if I want to watch a five minute commercial about the upcoming season, I can do that anywhere.

They also had in fine print on the tickets that they had overbooked at each location to "ensure a full house" and that no one was actually guaranteed a seat. So, you know, fuck them.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Some seasons of Dexter I didn't like at all, but on the whole I really enjoy the show.
Ie, 2, 5, I assume
Quote:
They also had in fine print on the tickets that they had overbooked at each location to "ensure a full house" and that no one was actually guaranteed a seat. So, you know, fuck them.
That is the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. What the flying fuck. Aside from that I'm ready for this season of Dexter, I haven't seen any previews or anything but I'm sure hoping that there will be more development than in the last season.

teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 11:14 PM       
Couldn't stand season 2. Lithgow was creepy as all hell but parts of 5 were just really uncomfortable to watch.

The tickets said that if we really wanted the seat to arrive early, as each theater was overbooked "to ensure a full house" and that seats were not guaranteed. That's just about verbatim.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM       
The finale of true blood was bettet than most of the season. Next season looks badass.

Also can't wait for new dexter with mos def.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:05 AM       
He wants everyone to call him Yasiin now. I hate people like that. You get called what you get called. That's like when I was 11 and wanted everyone to call me chains. I started wearing a big chain around my neck to enforce it. Seems like you get the nickname people give you unless you're some uppity rapper or whatever he is.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM       
I guess thats like when a band wants to play new music they come up with a new band name.

I want a mos def reunion tour though
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
Like that guy on Oz whose name was Kenny and he wanted everyone to call him Bricks, lolz
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:36 PM       
True Blood wasn't bad. Wasn't good either.

Spoilers!