Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 12:00 AM        Halloween will always draw me back
No matter how long I go without visiting this site, I always come back for the Halloween extravaganza!

I guess I just get excited around mid august since I know it's only a couple weeks away.

As for a suggestion, I remember there was a thread a couple years back with some awesome, simple Halloween decor tips. Such as painting a plastic skull in latex then covering it in fake spiderweb and brown shoe polish for a nice rotted look. That would make a nice article or grab bag feature.

Anyone got any tips they'd like to share?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM       
A few years back on Halloween, there was a dead squirrel in our front yard. We'd assumed one of the cats got it, but it had no visible wounds and was in perfect shape. It had stiffened into a nice position.

We pinned its feet to the top of the fence that was by our front door, and also pinned a small pumpkin between its hands. I think we used dental floss for extra support, because it was standing on its hind legs and holding a pumpkin.

I forget if we put a strobe light on it or just the regular porch light, but my sister sat in a chair beneath it giving out candy.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
I always make it a point to IMPALE the heads of my enemies on our wrought-iron gate every halloween. Luckly I have no enemies ^.^
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:33 AM       
We don't celebrate Halloween here, but for the first time in my life I would like to actually dress up and do something. I figure it's about time I start clinging to my youth as desperately as I can.

I'm open to suggestions about how you are supposed to celebrate Halloween. Bear in mind that I wont be getting kids knocking on my door asking for lollies, and nobody else will be actively doing anything to participate either.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:47 AM       
Too bad Australians don't celebrate Road Warrior day. You guys should totally do that on Halloween. You know, to chase away evil spirits trying to steal your gas and water.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:48 AM       
my aussie friend received trick-or-treaters last year in NSW for the first time, she also went clubbing and told me everyone had been celebrating it there all week~ so take a trip to sydney!

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 02:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
No matter how long I go without visiting this site, I always come back for the Halloween extravaganza!

I guess I just get excited around mid august since I know it's only a couple weeks away.

As for a suggestion, I remember there was a thread a couple years back with some awesome, simple Halloween decor tips. Such as painting a plastic skull in latex then covering it in fake spiderweb and brown shoe polish for a nice rotted look. That would make a nice article or grab bag feature
Thanks Dr. V, we always try to go way overboard with Halloween every season cuz we know a lot of people depend on us to deliver 2 month worth o' goodies. We'll be starting up on September 1st.

As for suggestions, I already started up a blog thread asking I-Mockery readers to submit any stuff they'd like to see us cover on the site, so post 'em there because myself and the other writers will be checking it for sure:

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/200...n-suggestions/

Thanks again and hope you enjoy our 2009 Halloween season
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
my aussie friend received trick-or-treaters last year in NSW for the first time, she also went clubbing and told me everyone had been celebrating it there all week~ so take a trip to sydney!
Actually, I am taking a trip to Sydney, but I will be back on October 4, so I will miss out on any New South for Wales shenanigans.

To be honest, Halloween is probably done on the mainland, but I don't see it anywhere for the proud and backward race of Taswegians, we barely do Christmas. I haven't had a birthday in years.

Anyway, no 1 costume suggestion so far : Mad Max.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 04:14 AM       
EDIT: wasn't all that funny
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 12:51 PM       
Aw, Willie, everything you do is perfect.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM       
I was pretty happy with my Zombie Barbie Garden.

Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
Didn't you smear cat poo on a doll for that?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:49 PM       
That was accidental, but it made damn sure no one was stealing my dolls.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM       
MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM       
I love Halloween more than any time of the year. I was supposed to be born on Halloween, but clawed out of my mother's uterus nine days early. So I get Birthday cash, and even though I'll be 20 this year, I'm still going to pig out on candy, play scary games, and enjoy every minute.

Does anyone know if there's some sort of scary online game we can all play together? That would be an AWESOME I-Mockery event, though I don't know of a good multiplayer horror game.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM       
You could do one of those speed runs to see who can beat Trick-or-Treat Adventure Quest in the shortest amount of time. (ie: record yourself playing through it)
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/t...venture-quest/

Same goes for Jek Porkins & Ponda Baba in Haunted House Candy Hunt:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/starween/

Last edited by Mockery : Aug 29th, 2009 at 12:55 AM.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM       
Kitsa, the Barbies remind me of Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 View Post
Does anyone know if there's some sort of scary online game we can all play together? That would be an AWESOME I-Mockery event, though I don't know of a good multiplayer horror game.
You mean like a MMORPG? Dunno of any but if you find one let me know.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:48 AM       
well a lot of people on here probably have left4dead, that might work

not me though, i still haven't gotten over my dread of having my voice heard/ hearing the voices of others in a game situation, and from what i hear that game's pretty much unplayable w/o headsets
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 08:18 AM       
Maybe someone can do an adventure thread (except spooky) like FS did.
Weaver of dreams
Sparkles the Fairy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:15 PM       
Roger does his part to keep enchantment and wonder in the world with this wonderful site.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Maybe someone can do an adventure thread (except spooky) like FS did.
You mean like the old White Plastic Pig adventure where people sent the pig around the world and we were supposed to do a big photo piece about it until somebody lost the damned pig and never sent it out or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles the Fairy View Post
Roger does his part to keep enchantment and wonder in the world with this wonderful site.
Why thank you, Sparkles the Fairy. o.O
Weaver of dreams
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post

Why thank you, Sparkles the Fairy. o.O

You're very welcome, my good man. I will see to it that your cows produce a great deal of milk and that your harvest is bountiful.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 09:32 PM       
wow! nice ^.^

Can you put a hex on me too, Sparkles? So that good things will happen to me! I've been really nice this year. In fact i've been nice all the years ^.^
Weaver of dreams
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
wow! nice ^.^

Can you put a hex on me too, Sparkles? So that good things will happen to me! I've been really nice this year. In fact i've been nice all the years ^.^
A hex is a curse, my dear Wiffles. But I will gladly see to it that you marry an industrious and beautiful maiden, sire many sons, and that your livestock are always fertile and healthy.
mmm muffins
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 11:54 PM       
oh thank you very much, Sparkles! ^.^