Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM       
It was like that but more thriller focused and less horror.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 10:48 PM       
Rewatched "Paper Moon". Fucking love that movie. Showed it to Mr. Kitsa and he's watching it for the second time today, right now.

I briefly considered dressing my daughter as Addie, since she has the same scowl and haircut, but then I thought no one would get that as a halloween costume.

edit: one of my favorite parts is when Madeline Kahn is putting on the sugary charm for the little girl, and she's smiling and coaxing as she struggles uphill toward her, and she trips and shouts "Son of a bitch!". God, I love Madeline Kahn.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM       
Watched Jack the Giant Killer being riffed by Riff trax guys. Probably not to hard to riff such an awful movie, but it was fun. The stop motion monsters were horrible. Ray Harryhausen did stop motion the best.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM       
Toto The Hero http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0103105/

Fucking amazing. I remember seeing this about a decade ago and it made a huge impression in my young mind. For some weird reason, I never watched it again until now. It isn't as emotionally powerful as I remembered it to be, but it still holds up. If you enjoy Jean Pierre Jeunet (Amelie, City Of Lost Children...) movies, you'll propably like this one too.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM       
^
I'll check that out then, I really liked both of his other movies you mentioned.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
^
I'll check that out then, I really liked both of his other movies you mentioned.
The colors, surrealism and overall mood of the movie is quite similar to Amelie, but Toto is somewhat darker.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 20th, 2011, 05:01 AM       
Innocent Until Proven Filthy 4.

There's a GREAT scene in which this butch haired blonde goes absolutely crazy while ridin' this dude while a busty blonde rides the dudes face. Really riveting stuff.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:37 PM       
"World's Greatest Dad", starring Robin Williams and written/directed by Bobcat Goldthwait. I know, I know. But.

Fuck.

First of all, I would not have believed Bobcat Goldthwait was capable of writing such a thing. He probably gets that a lot, or underappreciation wouldn't have been a major plot element. There are so many levels and things going on, I don't even know where to start.

Second, what a fucking uncomfortable "dark comedy". I could have happily gone the rest of my life without seeing Robin Williams' dick, thanks.

Third, even if you hate Robin Williams (and that's the first thing I said when the movie was loading), watch it, it's good.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 12:17 AM       
I saw it. It didn't seem dark enough to me really. It seems like it's headed that way and then pulls out before the big sploosh. And I don't remember robin william's penis at all, so that's a plus.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:29 PM       
The new Fright Night. It's actually a pretty badass movie.
Too bad no one will see it because they would sooner rub ghost peppers in their eyes than watch another remake.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM       
I loved the old Fright Night and I'm a little afraid of the new one ruining it for me.

Found "A Serious Man" on ebay for $1.99 and re-watched it tonight. It's my favorite Coen Brothers movie, but pretty dark. The whole Book of Job thing is a concept I'm all too familiar with, so I think I identify with this one more than, say, a stolen carpet or a dildo exercise machine or whatever.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:39 PM       
I was honestly pissed when I heard they made the new Fright Night, but it was done right.
It never felt like they were just rehashing the original with crappier actors, or pissing on the original in a attempt to make it more "real".

All of the old rules are there (you must have faith for the cross to work, you have to invite the vampire in, etc.) and Dr. Who was great as Peter Vincent without even trying to compete with Roddy McDowall.
Oh, and the cameo is awesome too.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM       
I watched this fucking anime

And it was really really good, despite the obvious handicap of being an anime.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:42 AM       
Ahhh, that's Satoshi Kon's work. I love 'im. It's too bad we won't see anything else from him.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM       
Yeah, he died before I even knew who he was =(
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM       
i didn't like that movie

i liked perfect blue and paranoia agent a lot though :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM       
Paprika was amazing, too.

I love it when people mess around in dream worlds.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
The new Fright Night. It's actually a pretty badass movie.
Too bad no one will see it because they would sooner rub ghost peppers in their eyes than watch another remake.
So, I'm watching Priest and while it's not a great movie, at least it isn't a remake of a movie that's only a few decades old.

Did it really need to be updated or should the produces actually have scoured the books and comics looking for something interesting to turn into a movie?

It's not like there isn't a million hungry writers out there. These movie makers are just trying to get a money for nothing.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 12:33 PM       
I was watching Platoon last night and came across a sample than Ministry used in the song "Flashback"

I always wondered what they were saying.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM       
Platoon - better than Apocalypse.

I'm calling it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 03:10 PM       
I'm gonna put :
Apocalypse
Platoon
and
Full Metal Jacket
on 1 Dual layer DVD.

I think that's sweet. :O
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
Dogma, which the ending of I a m fascinated by. although, doesnt anyone realize that it was AFTER this movie that Alanis Morissette came into the world?
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM       
Red, pay attention.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 06:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm gonna put :
Apocalypse
Platoon
and
Full Metal Jacket
on 1 Dual layer DVD.

I think that's sweet. :O
That's a sexy DVD. I still love Apocalypse. Goddamn those are good movies.