Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
ginger snaps was a lot better than i expected.
Ginger Snaps is pretty goddamn good.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM       
GO DAMIT I just saw the end of Burtons apes.

Can anyone explain to me why earth is apeish. Why would they be driving black and white cop cars and the city look exactly the same. Wouldn't monkeys make thing that worked beter for monkeys. Stupid tim burton can go to hell
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM       
the only differences is there's monkey bars instead of stairs inside of buildings
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM       
dude that sounds awesome i want to live in monkey world
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM       
Except that was the thing that actually visually bugged me most. Nevermiond the cars and President Ape Lincoln. The stairs leading up to the memorial were exactly the same as in real life. Every one know monkey walk like a bitch after their first anal penetration. I wanted to write about the stairs, but then I thought "What would monkeys build instead) and then I thought (Monkeys wouldn't even have an Ape Lincoln memorial that looked exactly like ours with black and whhite cop cars and flash cameras.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 05:50 PM       
Monkeys would have cargo nets rather than stairs. Or maybe ropes.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 08:53 PM       
they have to have stairs outside the buildings because it is more architecturally sound. just cause they're monkeys doesn't mean they don't know whats beautiful
BANNED

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:29 AM       
you racist fucks
BANNED

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:30 AM       
also i watched this movie called phonebooth cause it was on tv and i was like whats gonna happen in this movie.

fuck that movie
altho i wouldn't be surprised if it was a relatively successful movie because it basically had one scene.

i aint even gonna spoil this shit a pizza dude guy dies
now you dont have to watch the movie
also apparently the villain in the movie is the same guy from saw its like saw the younger years
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM       
So its dumb?

Ape world was dumb too. Who the fuck did Ape Lincoln free? The really black apes? Any why would he be sitting in a chair like that? In a suite? Come on! There would have been more trees in ape DC. Them bitches would have been swinging from vines to come arrest his ass. All and all, there needed to be more shit flinging.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Stupid tim burton can go to hell
I think this all the time as is so perhaps I should avoid this movie

I'm sick so I'm hanging out watching Eyes of the Mothman, which is excellent but so gd long.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM       
AND NOT THE FUN KIND OF TIM BURTON HELL WHERE WACKY CREATURES PLAY SILLY JOKES ON YOU
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM       
I finally got around to catching the first expendables. Jet Li was so underused. They made him seem like a greedy asian who needed help with every fight he was in. Anyways, the rest of it wasn't that great. It was worth the watch, but I don't get why everyone says it's awesome.
BANNED

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM       
didnt je tli say after fearless tho that that was going to be his last martial arts film?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM       
Yeah, but I think he meant Chinese style martial arts film. He's all about the Hollywood money now.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM       
I liked Lundagrind. He should have killed Li.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM       
all i know about phone booth is that larry cohen wrote it and larry cohen was great for a very short period of time and 2000-whatever is well past that period

also yeah tim burton is super disappointing

i remember being 15 and closet-goth and loving tim burton and then he did the apes movie and i was like "damn why would he make something as lame as that?" and then he did big fish and i was like "" and then every movie that followed became more dreadful than the previous one
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM       
did you guys see his sweeny todd????????????????? fucking BALLS. what about alice in wonderland???????????????????? ha ha ha ha ha ha SHITBALLS. charlie and the chocolate factory???????????????????? more like charlie and the fuck-you-former-fans.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM       
idk, I was really just never that into Tim Burton stuff. Helena Bonham-Carter is sometimes acceptable.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM       
not even b-juice? that movie's a classic. also, michael keaton.

CARBON COPY -
denzel washington's first movie, in which he plays the surpriiiiiiiise illegitimate son of some rich old white executive. it seems like they were trying to make a sidney poitier out of him, but instead of being successful satire on race relations (guess who's coming to dinner), it's just tacky and racist.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM       
Bjuice is okay, but then it's all wrapped up in that "do I just think it's ok because it was a major part in American childhoods of that era" thing. I've still got some Bjuice burger king or happy meal toys somewhere from the cartoon version.

I made the commitment to watch Eyes of the Mothman at least once over the weekend since it's the Mothman Festival and I can't get there. Like I said earlier, it's really good but really, really long. Also, the editing is kind of weird in that there are abnormally long, dark pauses between segments. A couple of times I thought my laptop had gone to sleep on me before I remembered.

One of the "paranormal investigator" ladies is...I think...married to some guy who runs the TV station there iirc. It's also weird to see in a movie places that I have been. I look at the oak tree behind Cornstalk's grave and think, "my daughter took an acorn home from that tree." No cinematic curse followed us home on that one, btw. I planted the acorn because I was hoping it would grow, but it developed one of those little round worm-holes and shriveled up, producing nothing. I watched it for a while and then chucked it over the fence. We're no more or less cursed than usual.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM       
...if this had been a movie, that would have meant that Mothman followed us back home and Shawnee spirits would start haunting the shit out of us until I made a frenzied trip back to WV to return the acorn.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM       
I liked Nightmare before Christmas. Corpse Bride was lame. I have high hopes for this new one because it feels right to be let down by him.
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 01:40 PM       
i don't remember which mothman documentary i watched. unless there is just the one. if so, that one. also the awful richard gere movie. twice, somehow.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM       
All Night Halloween Party. It's a collection of PD cartoons, stop motion animations, and old horror movie trailers.
It's pretty good, and the DVD cover is awesome.
Spoilers!