Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Lord View Post
Anyone kinda miss the way The Learning Channel and Discovery Channel used to be before it became nothing but 24 hours of shitty job shows? I could watch maybe a special or two on Ice road truckers, or crab fishing but damn, seasons of that?
Thank you for saying that. And it isn't just those two either. When's the last time you saw music videos on MTV? Why is it that Cartoon Network is playing live action shows? I expect to see the movie Testament on Comedy Central next at this rate.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
I'm sure lots of people have already seen it, but Lost in La Mancha is a pretty entertaining one. It's about the development of Terry Gilliam's failed Don Quixote movie. Aka what not to do whenever you develop a movie, or hell, anything.

Startup.com is another one off the top of my head worth watching. It was about two guys who start up a site during the dotcom boom of the late 90's. It's pretty obvious how it ends but it's pretty striking to see them be some of the richest guys in the country at one point.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 07:50 PM       
Fack, I forgot about Lost in La Mancha

that was sad
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 02:59 AM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:55 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 03:05 AM       
if you're an out of the closet pedo.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 04:23 AM       
So says the over weight divorced asian with nothing better to do but post on a forum at least 8 times a day.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 11:24 AM       
keep it in the chat thread dickface

and attempting to insult someone with a fact based around how often they post on a forum is pretty fucking retarded considering you also post here
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 01:29 PM       
SHIT JUST GOT REAL
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 06:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
My BFF says I write music like Daniel Johnston. I have ye to see the documentary.
Just watched it and while I'm flattered to be compared to a "musical genius" I don't really see what's so special about him. Then again, I don't even like the stuff I write, but friends with talent want to record with me. IDK. W/E.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 07:09 PM       
Ok never mind. I just downloaded a few albums and I see what's so special about him now. His music really didn't come out in the movie on my computer.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Did you catch Russia: Land of the Czars? It was pretty good.
yeah, that was cool. I loved how The Great built his cities and armies out of nothing ^.^
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM       
I recently just watched Outfoxed and that's a real eye opener right there. I nice insight to the bias media we call FOX.

Also, I highly recommend seeing Hearts and Minds. It places you in the minds of American children, teens, and adults showing the mentality of how you're condition to win at all costs and what we do is purposely right. Shows how radically different the Vietnamese are different from the Americans from how they're fighting for their freedom and independence and how we're fighting just simply over the fear of Communism. You seeing the suffering of the young in Vietnam (you actually see a visual of one girl running past American soldiers with her flesh dripping off). I can't do this pristine documentary in justice with mere words, only the visuals and emotions portrayed in the film can do it justice. I can't say this enough but I highly recommend this movie for any viewer.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM       
Oh man, I watched that too. That's a really good one.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:34 PM       
I'm about to watch Beer Wars. Anyone heard anything?

Also, the Winged Migration guy did an Ocean documentary, I think it's going to Cannes
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM       
They guy who hang glided with Geese?
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM       
Yeah, it'll be THE movie to watch stoned in the coming year

Beer Wars was as mediocre as they come
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:50 AM       
ugh
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Paradise Lost - The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

A fantastic documentary and well worth your time.
I watched part 1 and part 2 last night. 5 hours of horror. I remember Jello Biafra spouting shit about the West Memphis 3, but I hate Jello's political speak so I quickly ignored it.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM       
Big fan of docs myself. Confessions of a Superhero is one I just re-watched recently.
Super High Me
Grizzly Man
Einstein's Brain (I think it's on Youtube)
Born Into Brothels
Horror Business
My Date With Drew
Tyson
Rest in Pieces: A Portrait of Joe Coleman
American Carney
Heavy Metal Parking Lot
Overnight
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM       
Sheeit, I didn't hear about some of those

Just watched I Like Killing Flies, one of the funniest documentaries I've seen in a long time

Quote:
"I did a pulled-pork with ice cream once, I made a sort of shake out of it, called it a barbecue banana shake. There's a- It's like sticking your dick in the wrong hole, there's a, a thrill, there's a sexual tension to putting an ingredient in the wrong dish. It's the basis for all, for all high culinary arts"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 11:23 PM       
I'm watching Lynch.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM       
Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows is on right now. Hope it's good.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM       
I loved that one. I was a big Bret Hart fan as a kid, and it was a nice look inside the world of wrestling right around the time that "attitude" thing really took off.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM       
Just finished watching Who the #$%! is Jackson Pollock; sounded like it would be great, been meaning to watch it for a while. It wasn't, and the subjects/documentarian's position was flat-out wrong. As in, not understanding how "forensic science works" wrong.