Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM        computer themes
i have windows xp and i want a cool theme like schimid or something. my current theme is quite boring. how do i go about changing it?
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:37 PM       
schimid uses things like windowblinds and desktopx.

http://stardock.com

but i wouldn't suggest running those programs unless you have a rather good computer, or don't plan on running many other programs. it tends to bog down your system.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM       
my system is aight
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM       
Honestly, it depends on how far you're willing to go. I've gone through a ton of desktop themes and each one takes up a different amount of system resources. There are some that literally change everything about the way Windows works--they can emulate Mac or Linux perfectly, for instance. The one I currently have ( here ) doesn't bog me down at all, but it's real limited. There're a number of things that go into it, if you wanna look them up.

Avedesk - Does the desktop shortcuts. There, I got Baby Drive (C) and Beat Drive (F). The Recycle Bin acts just like a recycle bin and changes when it's full. The original icons were gray, but Avedesk lets you colorize them. They glow back to their original color when I mouse over them. Avedesk can do a lot, so if you like desktop icons, get it.

Style XP - A bunch of people dog this application because it's real basic. I used to have a different desktop that used WindowBlinds (here) which looked cool, but took away a lot of resources. Style XP is basic, but effective, and can let you make your taskbar transparent as well as change pretty much everything about your GUI.

Cursor XP - Just changes the look of your cursor, not much else. Mine doesn't even match the theme, but I love it.

LClock - Changes the look of your clock. I got it set to military time, and I changed it so the start bar is gone. Clicking on the clock itself brings up the bar.

There's a lot more in it, but I'm really too lazy to do all of it. Basically, just find out what you wanna do to make your computer look better, and there's probably a program out there that can do it.

A good website to get started is Customize, although it's a little intimidating. If you want a more user-friendly introduction, check out WinCustomize, it's how I got into it.

If you need any further help or anything, you know how to find me through AIM.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM       
by the way, much <3 to liquidstatik for the hosting.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 05:14 PM       
last time i used your stylex my computer went black and i had to delete my account lol

St8ic is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
by the way, much <3 to liquidstatik for the hosting.
Much testicle to liquidstatic?

Liberace eat your gay out.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM       
if you think <3 = testicle, the internet is gonna be HILARIOUS for you.