Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 07:08 PM        stardust by neil gaiman
it was fabulous!
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM       
It was okay!

I might be my least favourite of the Gaiman books, but I enjoyed it a lot.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 07:34 PM       
i havent read the others but if it's as good as this was it'll be pretty darned tuttin good!

pardon my french
Mocker
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM       
American Gods is a pretty heavy read, but you should check it out. Well, it's not really a heavy read, it's just kinda long.

Neverwhere is pretty good.

I think there's one more (besides Good Omens, which he co-wrote), but I can't remember what it could be right now. Anyway, read Signal to Noise if you haven't already. It's a short comicbookish story illustrated by Dave McKean.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM       
Good Omens is the only book that I have read with Gaiman. And that was due to the crossover from Pratchett.

What type of style does Gaiman write? All I have to go on is trying to filter Pratchett's stuff out of Omens.
Mocker
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM       
Neverwhere is somewhat like Pratchett's stuff in some respects, but has a more sincere core than what you'll find in Discworld.

Most of his stuff borders on fantasy, but has qualities that makes it more accessible if you're not into that whole "That yonder be dragons" thing. Which is what puts me off fantasy in general. It's also usually contemporary. If you want to get into his material, you might want to begin with Neverwhere, but it was originally a BBC series and it kind of shows if you're aware of it.

If you have some interest in mythology and folklore, you'll be rewarded for it if you read American Gods. Same goes for Sandman, if you like comics.

Still, my favourite little thing to sit down and read for twenty minutes is Signal to Noise. Which has no supernatural elements and is basically a meditation in perishableness.
Marine is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM        Re: stardust by neil gaiman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
it was fabulous!
do you sniff stardust?