Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM       
zelda wind waker was good.
Phanasty star online was the fucking shit for the GC
resident evil 4 is one of the best games ever created

also fuck ps3 my buddy ended up paying fucking $1300 for that and all the extra shit i dont need to pay that much fucking money for video games.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf
128 bits
I thought I read somewhere back at the beginning of the last-generation that they weren't all 128-bit, sadly. I believe it was the gamecube, but I could be wrong.

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 10:08 PM       
i forgot to add the prince of persia franchise to the list. they're all great, but the first one is a definite must own.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 12:00 AM       
twisted metal is outclassed by pole position in every way if that says anything
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM       
Hate to break it to you, James, but PS3 IS last-gen. It's a PS2 with better graphics. Same with XBox 360. I've played both, and so far, the only reason I want a 360 is because it will run PC games my PC can't. I wouldn't pay $100 for the PS3. At least not now.

As for actual last gen systems, I have all 3. My favorite games in no particular order for all three are:

Eternal Darkness: Provided hours of entertainment with the sanity effects alone, not to mention the top-notch voice acting driving along the extremely creative storyline.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance: Story, gameplay, voice acting. Need I say more?

Ico: One of the best games I've ever played. Made me think the whole way through, and it made me care about these mostly silent characters. Charmed me from the opening scene.

Wind Waker: Zelda.

Fable: Almost Zelda, but not quite.

Devil May Cry: Badassery galore.

Resident Evil 4: Scary as hell, controlled wonderfully (FINALLY), and visually amazing.

Metroid Prime: Successfuly took a sidescroller into the first person without it feeling like a seperate series.

That's all. As for the Wii being faggoty, have you touched the damned thing, or is this you knee-jerk reaction to Nintendo finally getting back the marketshare that was going towards Sony's shoddily built systems?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 03:51 AM       
afsdafsad

Last edited by James : Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 05:26 AM       
lol!!
Now with less sodium!

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 09:36 AM       
To be fair, I wasn't the one who'se first post claimed any consoles were faggoty, James. How about you take the dual-shock out of your ass for a minute and stop being a whiny bitch. kthx

EDIT: And I actually think that for the most part, people WERE talking about last-gen titles. Looks like you're just cranky.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 11:22 AM       
OVERLOOKED
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 12:41 PM       
I'm pretty sure James was trying to elicit the same reaction he's pretending to be upset over, ig. That's why I slipped my ps3 hatred in there SURREPTITIOUSLY.

Although to call ps3 last gen is kinda retarded. By that logic, everything's last gen since we're all still using plastic.
Now with less sodium!

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM       
Well, what I was trying to say was the fact that, as of right now, there aren't any PS3 games that really take advantage of the system, and therefor, the gaming experience is simply the same thing as last generation. That's really all.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 03:09 PM       
what the fuck this is why i hate posting here
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM       
then why post at all!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM       
I think Jamesman is living in a future world where consoles that have already come out are still next-gen as opposed to current-gen what with them being out currently, and therefore last-gen refers to the generation before this one, which to Jamesman was before the ones out now.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 05:56 PM       
sadfafasfdas

Last edited by James : Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 06:05 PM       
James, I think you changing the thread title and throwing a hissy-fit contributed more to this thread being ruined than Immortal Goat's Sony comments.
Now with less sodium!

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 06:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Immortal Goat and his anti-Sony fanboyism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
As for actual last gen systems, I have all 3.
Quote:
Ico: One of the best games I've ever played. Made me think the whole way through, and it made me care about these mostly silent characters. Charmed me from the opening scene.
Quote:
Devil May Cry: Badassery galore.
Quote:
as of right now, there aren't any PS3 games that really take advantage of the system, and therefor, the gaming experience is simply the same thing as last generation.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 08:23 PM       
.............Hey? Anybody remember Contra: Shattered Soldier?
was never good
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 09:00 PM       
shut up, goat
Now with less sodium!

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 10:47 PM       
ok