Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:02 PM        video memory
I need at least 5 MB (preferably more) more video memory on my computer, but I haven't had much luck finding it online. I've searched and only found one website that sold it, but it was really expensive and didn't seem too trustworthy.

Does anyone know a place I can buy more video memory online? And is there anything I need to know about it before I buy, i.e., are there different types or some shit like that?

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:04 PM       
you need to buy a new video card. cards with replaceable memory went out like 7 years ago. Even if you could find some it would cost mroe than a better video card.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:10 PM       
WHATA RE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLI(SH BOBO?

no, really i want to know dude

ps. whoreable is right on the money

:rapaward
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:31 PM       
Crap. I thought I had to buy a new video card but I wasn't sure

Somebody just bought me that online Medal of Honor game and the expansion disc, but I need at least 16 MB of video memory to use the expansion and to play some of the levels. My computer only has 11 MB of video memory.

So now I need to now a good video card to get. Someone tell me what to do.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:38 PM       
Find out what speed your system is and if you have an agp slot or just pci slots.

the white ones are pci
the brown one is agp
the black ones are isa

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:15 PM       
Hmm, I say you stick with AGP if possible.

Popular cards are;

geforce4, 64mb card goes for like, 90 bucks when I had gotten it about christmas

AGP Radeon 9000, which is ok as well also like 90 around christmas

But I use PCI so I dunno if Geforce4 has an AGP model out. Check the boxes really close! And be sure to check if your computer has the right slots.

That radeon was a birthday gift but my brother had to take it since he had AGP but I didnt, so I got another and he had to pay for that one. But I had to wait another month till my parents would take me out for another one
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:26 PM       
How do I know which slots I have? Do I have to open my computer and just look? Is there really a difference between any of them?
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:54 PM       
you pretty much gotta open it up..unless you can find the exact model number or specs of your motherboard.

Agp cards are MUCH faster, but some older boards dont have the slot.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 01:57 AM       
I just bought a brand new, 64 MB Geforce4 PCI Video card off eBay for 60 bucks.

Hopefully, it won't suck.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 07:58 AM       
should be ok. granted it might not be totally smooth, especially if it is a mx420.
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:18 PM       
I got it in the mail yesterday and it works fucking great. GTA3 used to be all slow and choppy and like a cartoon with half of the frames missing. Now it goes almost too fast.

This Medal of Honor game is great too, although I need some more practice. I've never played a FPS using the keyboard and the mouse before.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 02:21 PM       
keyboard and mouse is the ONLY way to go.

Nice to see it worked out. I guess I have become too picky cause I know a geforce4 mx would be too choppy for me. I am such a snob