Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM        Boxer, Kerry prove themsleves vertebrates
By voting NO on Condi for Secretary of state.

That's NO to an underqualified, underperforming, liar who can't admit mistakes anymore than anyone else in this administration and given the chance at her hearing failed to answer even the softest softballs. (will we stay in Iraq until the second round of elections, do we think the government of Iran can be overthrown by force)

Biden? Gave a 'reluctant' thumbs up.

I'm not saying dems should give the President a hard time just for the sake of it, but since he's already in the market for giving his failures medals of freedom, dems could at least have the dignity to refuse to rubber stamp cushy jobs for them. Condi was shitty national security advisor. Not much of a surprise since her area of expertise is soviet studies and the cold war is over.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM       
I could be an ass and point out that Kerry only voted No so that he could call for her resignation later on without being mocked for voting for her before he votes against her.

Like it or not, this IS only "giv(ing) the President a hard time just for the sake of it." 98-2? The working theory now is that Kerry lost because Senators are so easily pegged as wishy-washy due to the flexibility the job requires of them. Massachussetts is so far ahead on all the work a Senator can do (could ya'll be taxed more?) that he was able to take all last year off without falling behind in his official duties... He's got plenty of time for image building as an activist.

He'll spend the next few years being that antithetical, unequivical, so-far mythical, liberal he-man. He's going to try to be the guy you all said you wanted: someone that would just bitch-slap that smirk off the face of the Chimp Shrub.

Remember, Hillary's still only penciled in as the 08 Dem candidate. Gore as Dean focus-grouped well, so a more ball-breaking Kerry might just be all the squeak needed to win the next round. It's no Bill Clinton campaign, but it might work.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM       
16 for, 2 against. An exercise in futility, if you ask me. Condi was a shoe in since her boss and Jesus want her to have the job.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM       
Methinks the Preechr doth protest too much.

Dude, I think you're missing Max's point. Even if they were the only two, they did right by sticking to their convictions, which is something that they have not done lately, and that has cost the Democrats many public offices.

They have to start being contentious. Everyone has to. They can't keep rolling over and pissing on their own bellies every time Bush wants something. Christ knows the checks and balances have been eroded enough already. Kudos to both of them for standing their ground and voting against this lying, incompetent wretch.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:25 PM       
I'm not so sure... in fact I doubt... Kerry's vote is indicative of his convinctions. I'm not sure he has any. I agree with you that Democrats... well, politicians in general... really need to start sticking to some sort of principles. Problem is, people that have never exhibited any evidence of principled behavior but then suddenly start taking principled stands on things tend to set off my bull-shit detector.

That being said, please don't confuse my musings as being in any way supportive of Bush or his administration. I feel the same way about all of them: amused.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:30 PM       
And not to nit-pick here but the John Kerry/Massachusetts tax thing, while not being funny the first billion times is still not accurate. Besides the obvious fact that Kerry didn't write the state's tax code, there are 35 states that have a higher tax burden. Like Taxatucky. and Taxatana. And Taxizona. and Taxissippi. and Tax...Utah. Well you get the point. It's just one of those annoying innaccuracies that still bugs me.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 06:47 PM       
That whole thing made my bullshit meter explode. Kerry said throughout his campaign that he would ahve invaded Iraq, and we all agree he saw all the same reports as the Bush Administration. Now, he tries to crawl up Rice's ass over Iraq?

At what point can we call hypocrasy?

And how about the cunt that lead th charge? The bitch who fell in line when Clinton was bombing the shit out of Iraq. The same bitch who backed Kerry when he said he would have gone into Iraq based on all the same intel? Boxer is a fucking party whore.

Its one thing if you people want to question what happened and why. There a lot of questions that need to be andswered Hell, Congress should be doing it too.

But if you are going to tell me what just happened on Capitol Hill was not about partisan attacks, you are either lying to me or lying to yourself.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 08:26 PM       
Even as partisan attack, it's something other than pissing on your belly. It's time and past time for partisan attacks. But I don't think that's all it is. I think it's time to say that Bush's Peter Principle is costing this country dearly. The no vote doesn't change anything, but it does say Bush isn't king Bush. Wether it makes a practical difference or not, the opposition party needs to BE an opposition party, and we aren't and that's why this election was even close. I applaud every damn NO that has any validity at all, and if Bush said the sky was Blue, I wouldn't say no, but I'd sure as hell give some thought to the idea that maybe I'd been wrong about the sky all along. That man is one giant evil sack of crap, and if we EVER recover from him I'll be surprised. Evert NO he gets counts as somebody somehwere saying the people who elected me to represent them think your habbit of surrounding yourself by arrogant underachievers who value loyalty to you over all else sucks ass. That woman is a feather weight and deserves to be Secretary of state about as much as Tennet deserves a friggin medal.

And if Kerry is only a weeny bit better than Bush, well that weeny bit might have been the difference between a totally fucked America and a mostly fucked merica, and I woulda ate that difference up like it was pie.

PIE!!