Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:06 PM       
The first time I watched it was with the crazy ex and she thought I was a horrible person because that's exactly how I talk to my guy friends....especially with my roommate. Then we watched that and Clint was basically like "Here's how guys talk."

Made my day.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM       
Don't all New Yorkers talk shit all the time?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
Not where I'm from. My city is more like Canada.....nice.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Wisconsin Death Trip.

If you're considering watching it, I'd advise against it. If you in any way tend toward depression or suicidal ideation, I'd really advise against it.

The title is sort of misleading. Going into it, we thought it was going to be some sort of based-on-a-true-story horror movie, or a history-channel style documentary. And hey, it was about Wisconsin, where 2/3 of the people in this household have spent large chunks of their lives.

Wrong. Wrong.

It is a slow, steady slog in black and white, with ominous music playing, account after account of grisly suicide after psychotic episode after child death after baby death after shots of bleak winter landscape. I mean, it actually wears you down to watch it. After about 10 minutes, you want to shoot yourself in the head. The music...dear god, the music.

I'm still completely confused as to what made them choose that title (for the book this is based on), because it implies something completely different. "Lighthearted" isn't the phrase I'm going for, but more in that direction.

Ugh, that music. It's going to give me nightmares.

Last edited by Kitsa : Apr 26th, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: slight clarification
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM       
great. Now I have to watch it to see how bad it is. Fantastic.

In other news, a couple on the bus the other day were talking about how great and scary Paranormal Activity was, and I felt like turning around and telling them that in actual fact, Kitsa and Sam said it was rubbish.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 08:45 AM       
it is rubbish. Total rubbish. With no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Every time that girl screamed, "MEEEE-CAHHH", I wanted to punch someone in the face.

Edit: as a matter of fact, I can sum up that movie in one damn picture. I saw this at a county fair a few years ago. Paranormal Activity is this exactly.

...as in, by the time you see for yourself that it is nothing worth remark, they already have your money/time.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
Ok, but what was the Strange Thing in the tent?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:43 AM       
Pay her a dollar and she'll show you.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
Dunno. I was waiting for someone to tell a companion coming out and no one ever did, so I walked off and watched some sort of choreographed dog walking thing.

Here's the website.

http://www.thestrangething.net/
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 03:21 PM       
It's a Buzzcocks album.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Dunno. I was waiting for someone to tell a companion coming out and no one ever did, so I walked off and watched some sort of choreographed dog walking thing.

I thought that l in walked was a c.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM       
Last year I went to the Ohio State Fair, I saw this booth that had "The living doll". Which was a person they claimed was around 2 feet tall that you could take a gander at for a dollar. Well, being a skeptic (albeit a curious one) I expected in our modern times that it would be some animatronic doll and wanted to see what the 'gimmick' was going to in fact be. I paid my dollar, walked in and to my chagrin found out they indeed drug around a 2 foot tall woman for yokels to gawk at. I was flabbergasted that this sort of thing still went on and felt rather horrible that I was now a part of it by paying to look at this person.

In the end, my GF said, "well can you think of a better way for her to earn a living?" and I felt a it better about it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 09:31 AM       
I guess it would all hinge on her opinion of her circumstances.

I figured the "Strange Thing" would be a feejee mermaid or something.

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
In the end, my GF said, "well can you think of a better way for her to earn a living?" and I felt a it better about it.
Well, I can probably think of around a billion.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM       
dude, i went to the state fair in raleigh and they had the exact same display except the person wasn't real. it was a robot doll.

they also had the world's smallest horse which was just a regular sized pony.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Well, I can probably think of around a billion.
Accountant. Substitute teacher. Mail clerk. Chemical engineer.

THOSE ARE FOR STARTERS!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
I was thinking air duct cleaner.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM       
The Evil of Frankenstein. Classic Hammer horror.

The movie's awesome french poster:
Spoilers!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
i dunno what the strangest thing is but if you look at that fat ladies face who recently exited the tent she doesn'tlook too impressed :O

at the fair they have here, last time they had a GIANt ALIGATOR which was supposed to weigh like 1200 pounds and a giant hog which was supposed to weigh 1000 pounds, but they didn't fight them or anything
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM       
At our local village fete there is a white elephant stall, lucky dip, baked goods and children dressed as power rangers. There is very little that could be considered offensive to disabled or minority peoples.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 04:55 AM       
I remember the fair in Father Ted, with the "Freak Pointing" sign and a bunch of villagers pointing at some guy in a chair

Hehehehe...."They've got a spider baby!"

Last edited by Kitsa : Apr 29th, 2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: HAH now it's about a TV show I watched
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM       
Dimnos: Did your dinosaur just start moving today because that's the first time I've seen it in action.
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 10:59 AM       
Yeah. Tadao fixed it for me yesterday and I just got around to resetting the working one as my avatar today.
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 11:28 AM       
I think you mean Mew fixed it. At least that's what it looked like.
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM       
IDk. If it was Mew then thank you Mew. All I know is I had a fixed version PMed to me by T.