Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM       
It looks like something from Squidbillies.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM       
I take back everything I said in the first part of this thread. Come back Jake. I'll take your ramblings over listening to gay nerds argue and discuss doors any day.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM       
What's wrong with discussing doors?
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM       
Newbie beatdowns and hazing? I havent seen, nor encountered any of that. People are so nice around here. Oversensitivity maybe? O.O
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:02 PM       
WELCOME TO THE IMOCKERY FORUMS
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
I'm on better meds now, and I get less of the ol' voices in my head.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I still don't like it on these forums either though. It's a comedy web site and when so many people have emailed me with complaints about how the forums aren't receptive to new users, it's not exactly a good thing. The old "Newbie Beatdown" used to be far more lighthearted, creative and fun for all. These days, it seems to be more abrasive with the intent to make everybody hate certain newcomers. I usually tell people who've had to put up with that shit to stick to the article and blog discussions since people don't act like dicks in those areas.
Well, the site also used to be about mocking things instead of talking about how cool the 80s was. I agree that the forums are no longer appropriate for the site's content and haven't been for some time. Then again, I don't really know who'd come to a forum that WAS appropriate for the site's content, but the internet's surprised me before.

And actually, the beatdowns used to be way worse, but they usually happened because people would sign up to the forums while pissed off. Now they sign up wanting to actually be part of the community, but our traditions are still based around the early newbies we'd get.

I think you should consider making a new site intended for trolling the internet, like you did back in the day, then move these forums over to it.
Hell, I could do the development work myself with the help of a few people from these boards.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM       
That wasn't very kind of you, MM
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM       

WELCOME THE THE IMOCKERY FORUMS
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I was looking forward to a JakeOfAllTrades thread. Not this bollocks.
Yeah, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Was this about the Japanese girl in the bookstore?
Yes, that was the most recent one. There were others. The stuff with Jake and Tadao started a LONG time ago, way before my time (at least from what I could find out grazing through the old threads).

For the record, my first day on the forums I was insulted by George, which I realize now is a great honor. A belated thank you, SIR!
You may already be there.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Yes, that was the most recent one. There were others. The stuff with Jake and Tadao started a LONG time ago, way before my time (at least from what I could find out grazing through the old threads).

For the record, my first day on the forums I was insulted by George, which I realize now is a great honor. A belated thank you, SIR!
Seriously? Great, research time!

And my first day began after Tadao went to the website I'm admin on and impersonated himself and two other members here in an attempt to troll me back here. I think that's an honor (or at least I've never had that happen before).

Quote:
And actually, the beatdowns used to be way worse, but they usually happened because people would sign up to the forums while pissed off. Now they sign up wanting to actually be part of the community, but our traditions are still based around the early newbies we'd get.
Speaking of reception from angry people, whatever happened to that e-mail of the week thing there used to be? I had a good many laughs over those, especially the one from the girl who was apparently a Neo-Nazi.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Well, the site also used to be about mocking things instead of talking about how cool the 80s was.
Well we still do, it's just that this site isn't really about making fun of scenes / cliques like is was back when it was on Geocities and in the late 90s. Nowadays, we cover a much wider variety of things. And the things we make fun of are cheesy movies, games, comics, toys, etc.

Quote:
And actually, the beatdowns used to be way worse, but they usually happened because people would sign up to the forums while pissed off.
They were worse, but people came expecting those beatdowns because the only thing on this site was mockery of various scenes 'n social cliques.

Quote:
I think you should consider making a new site intended for trolling the internet, like you did back in the day, then move these forums over to it. Hell, I could do the development work myself with the help of a few people from these boards.
Honestly, the reason this site has such a huge variety of things on it after all this time is because I never enjoyed staying in one place (in terms of comedy) for too long. I spent quite a few years on Geocities and then a few more in the early days of I-Mockery doing mostly scene mockeries such as the Anti-Rave site, Winky's hardcore hate pages, Metal Mockery, Church of Mockery, Internet Perverts Exposed, etc. While I did have a lot of fun working on those, there just came a time where I grew tired of that kind of comedy. There was so much more I was interested in, and that's why I'm always trying to do something new.

Nowadays, I really enjoy the variety of things that I-Mockery has opened up for me to be able to work on. In the early days, it felt constrictive, but now I feel like there's nothing I'm interested in that I can't write about somewhere on this site. If I want to talk about a game one day, I can do that. If I want to rant about something I think is incredibly stupid, I can do that. If I want to go on a trip to a strange place and make a photo essay about it, I can do that. It's really opened up into a total stream of consciousness and that's why I'm so happy with where it is at the moment. I don't think many other sites offer that kind of variety and I try to let the other writers have total creative freedom as well. When you do that, you'll see people having fun with what they're writing instead of feeling like they "have to" write something. Plus, when people come to visit the site, they never really know what they're going to expect on here next. I couldn't have predicted I'd be writing a blog entry about a "Super Duty Wiener Fork", but there it is. It's nice to have that.

So I guess that's why I have no interest in going back to the days of making mini-sites with the sole intention of trolling the internet. I love those old sites and wouldn't want to change 'em, but I want to keep working on new things these days. Only problem I see is that some people are still living in the old days of much harsher mockery rather than just being playful and wanting to have fun conversations with people (old or new). I often wonder if I should either setup a forum just for the people who want to do nothing but troll/flame and if they do it in any of the other forums, issue warnings / bannings to 'em.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:38 AM       
I've never been on the end of really harsh 'trolling', or maybe I have and it just never registered with me. I'll admit that some of the funniest things I have been have been the beat downs that have occured here, but also on the other hand there have been one or two really harsh things that I thought were a bit too much.

Still, I don't think I've ever seen a normal, reasonably intelligent and constructive person join the forums only to get berated on a personal level. Everyone might get a hazing, but it's all in fun, and if you are incredibly annoying and stupid, then you get what you deserve. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's as bad as people have said, at least not what I have seen/experienced.

On a second note, yes please come back Jake.

Third: Round two also goes to Elx.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:39 AM       
This is all very saddening

edit: I think the newbie beatdowns were a really good way to thin out the shit from the rest. Those that made it through the berating and derision usually ended up finding their own place. I think with the more restrictive rules in place, there are too many retards running around and it's not even really worth posting anymore because they all swarm and leave their stupid fucking opinions and jokes. Then again, I've been coming here for 7 years and maybe I just don't want it to change because I have fond memories of the "old days."

That was very funny. Well done.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Everyone might get a hazing, but it's all in fun, and if you are incredibly annoying and stupid, then you get what you deserve. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's as bad as people have said, at least not what I have seen/experienced.
This. I mean, you'd have to be really pathetic to be offended by what goes on here.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM       
I didn't even see it as newbie beat downs, just moron beat downs. There were plenty of people that were new and never got teased, and vice versa. In fact, the punching bags that stuck around were always morons, and they were the best and I miss them.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
they all swarm and leave their stupid fucking opinions and jokes.
But you like me, right?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
And my first day began after Tadao went to the website I'm admin on and impersonated himself and two other members here in an attempt to troll me back here. I think that's an honor (or at least I've never had that happen before).
I took it way to far that time. Your username is a beacon for abuse.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I took it way to far that time. Your username is a beacon for abuse.
Surprised you just didn't pick her up in your e-van. You know the one.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM       
I was expecting Tadao vs Jake gold.

However....

Quote:
I often wonder if I should either setup a forum just for the people who want to do nothing but troll/flame and if they do it in any of the other forums, issue warnings / bannings to 'em.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM       
Jake has grown guys, we just need to accept the fact that he is taking his meds and not as naive anymore. He already proved that a few months ago when I talked to him last. He just wants to know if he's gonna be hunted down like a dog if he posts. No offense Jake, but we like you insane, but we haven't tried Jake 2.0 yet.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM       
Im sure he will be just as fun to laugh at.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM       
I still think he's someones character.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM       
Seriously, Jake, which bookshop was it? I want to visit!
was never good
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
So I guess that's why I have no interest in going back to the days of making mini-sites with the sole intention of trolling the internet. I love those old sites and wouldn't want to change 'em, but I want to keep working on new things these days. Only problem I see is that some people are still living in the old days of much harsher mockery rather than just being playful and wanting to have fun conversations with people (old or new). I often wonder if I should either setup a forum just for the people who want to do nothing but troll/flame and if they do it in any of the other forums, issue warnings / bannings to 'em.
Honestly, let's do this:

Set up a new site 'feature' that's meant for trolling and designed/run entirely by myself and other forum professionals (I-SERIOUSNESS)
We'll use that as a hub to create more trolling pages
Move these forums over there to that feature
Set I-Bapery skin to default
Create new forums and make article discussion the 'general blabber' of that one

In this way, you don't have to do stuff you're not interested in, you'll get more hits by proxy of my page, the vets will be happy, and newbies won't cry as hard.