Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:36 PM        Is this worth the cash?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...114249616&rd=1

Currently it's around £75, thats around $115. Overpriced?
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:35 PM        ....
Holy shit that's badass. Those can sell for more than that. Especially since they discontinued them based on the fact that they looked too much like real guns. If I had the resources, I'd buy it for that much. Maybe a little more.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Carnivore's angry side!
Malevolent is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 11:57 PM       
If you have the money, you must buy that! Getting killed by a cop with that in your hand would be the greatest death ever!

I definitely hate you.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 08:34 AM       
YEAH but cops in England don't carry guns. Plus I could get a loose Megatron for half the cash and have the same effect.

What I want to know is if it's a worthy investment? I've only bought relatively cheap, loose G1's from Ebay for my personal collection.

I do have the funds in my savings account for purchasing this one off, but the box looks quite damaged which will bring down the ceiling value.
Fuck Yeah
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 12:24 PM        ...
The truth is, even a pricing guide like O’Brien’s isnt' a science when it comes to toy collecting. A toy's worth is based on what someone will pay for it. I've seen the Japanese version of Megatron go for $275 in a shitty box. I've also seen a toy store selling a loose Megatron and Optimus Prime bundle for $75. They were in great shape, too.
You can count on the prices to keep going up, especially since the new Armada cartoon. Transformers will probably remain one of the most expensive "vintage" toys you can find.

Ask yourself this:
Is it worth more to me to have this in an original box? Am I going to be treating this like an investment? Will I be selling it years down the road when it's worth more, or will I be too attached? Would I be satisfied with a loose version?

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 02:13 PM       
I'll start off by saying that Mclain, your horse riding VD was the greatest thing to ever hit this site.

So, I personally don't think it's worth it to buy something you'll never use, it may be cool for a collecter's item but other than that it's just dumb. But if you could find a bid for a broken figure that is going for a little bit but has a nice box, then buy a nice figure with a messed up box, then you can combine them to make captian plane-...err... a better figure and box. Dig?
Fuck Yeah
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 04:18 PM        ...
"I'll start off by saying that Mclain, your horse riding VD was the greatest thing to ever hit this site. "

Haha... Ass kissing will get you everywhere. However, it's void because you mispelled my name. DOOM!

Location: Location: Location: Location:Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Cybernetico is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:10 AM        Re: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
"I'll start off by saying that Mclain, your horse riding VD was the greatest thing to ever hit this site. "

Haha... Ass kissing will get you everywhere. However, it's void because you mispelled my name. DOOM!
I'm not arse kissin. It really was funny. It's great to be able to talk to you guys. Im huge fans fo your site and want to do stuff for it myself.

Back on the topic please....