Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:02 AM       
Meh, I might give MP3 another shot later on but I´m just not looking forward to the headache...is there a cheat or option to turn the stupid flickering off?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:05 AM       
There's flickering?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Glad someone still likes generic shooter games. I was beginning to think the market was running out of people to sell them to.
Oh, Nick. Will you ever stop being such an idiot? Will you evolve from the ugly, greasy little thing that you are and maybe, someday form an opinion of your own, or are you going to survive as a wannabe Roger in perpetuity?

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM       
It looked pretty boring though, dawg.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM       
It isn't--there are plenty of really fun sequences. I love how they finally swear. It was kinda stupid how up to this point, the language was pretty tame, even though the characters were in these fucked up situations. Also, they frequently call attention to some of the conventions, like the really tough boss enemies returning time and time again. I thoroughly enjoyed Jake yelling something along the lines of "Just fucking DIE ALREADY, you piece of shit!" during one of the boss fights.

Oh, and FIST FIGHT with one of the bosses was pretty badass. Cheesy, but so, so entertaining.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:18 PM       
I thought the tradeoff for them not cursing was that they would occasionally make bizarre, memorable statements every once and a while, like "I see the president's daughter has ballistics!"

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
It isn't--there are plenty of really fun sequences. I love how they finally swear. It was kinda stupid how up to this point, the language was pretty tame, even though the characters were in these fucked up situations. Also, they frequently call attention to some of the conventions, like the really tough boss enemies returning time and time again. I thoroughly enjoyed Jake yelling something along the lines of "Just fucking DIE ALREADY, you piece of shit!" during one of the boss fights.

Oh, and FIST FIGHT with one of the bosses was pretty badass. Cheesy, but so, so entertaining.
Fair enough! I'll check it out on the PC whenever it decides to get released ever.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM       
Speaking of which, if the crappy L4D knockoff game shows up during the big Steam sale for less than $10, I might get it. Anyone else interested in getting it and doing some coop if that happens?

The Wolf
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM       
What's it called? I'm gonna play through Ada's campaign and then start playing Lucius on Steam, but I enjoy knockoff games.

Funky Dynamite
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM       
The Resident Evil one: Operation Raccoon City. I kind of want to see what it's like on the PC, but not with AI companions.

You in?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I thought the tradeoff for them not cursing was that they would occasionally make bizarre, memorable statements every once and a while, like "I see the president's daughter has ballistics!"
Theres a few like when a train comes by and helena like "who's driving these trains?" and Leon is like "zombie express"

Then another part where helena and leon get seperated then back together and leon is like "Welcome back Stranger"
The Wolf
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM       
Quote:
The Resident Evil one: Operation Raccoon City. I kind of want to see what it's like on the PC, but not with AI companions.

You in?
Oh, man, that game is fucking horrible. I'd bought it for 360 and returned it within a couple of weeks. Reeeeeally, really bad. It sucked even more for me because I had some collector's edition with a steel book and extra weapons, costumes, etc. Just...so bad.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM       
I can't muster up the energy for Resident Evil anymore. It started when I was waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for 5 to come out, then my friend bought this new game called Dead Space.

I borrowed it from him and everything about it blew me away. Then I went to play RE5 some months later and found that not only was it definitely not as scary, it was also more frustrating than I remembered. Dead Space 2 was an improvement in some ways and a let down in others, but I still dug it quite a bit. If I can grab RE6 on sale and get in some discounted schlock, then I can't really be disappointed.

I think the biggest problem I have is time. I just don't wanna get into something that I know I'd be lukewarm towards, especially since a lot of games have been letting me down lately, regardless of reviews positive or negative.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
especially since a lot of games have been letting me down lately, regardless of reviews positive or negative.
you are now an adult
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM       
So true.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM       
Quote:

You in?
I'd be down for that. It seemed like it could be some stupid fun, but I wasn't about to pay full price for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Theres a few like when a train comes by and helena like "who's driving these trains?" and Leon is like "zombie express"
Then another part where helena and leon get seperated then back together and leon is like "Welcome back Stranger"
Those made me smirk, but it's not really as cheesy as most of the lines like older games had. I thought RE6 wasn't as bad as people have been making it out to be, it was okay, but it just really didn't feel like a Resident Evil game. Leon wasn't really on his A game and Chris was pretty boring this time around for me. Jake was pretty fun though. After playing Ada's campaign the whole story just seemed even more silly and pointless. Definitely at least worth a rental, maybe a purchase when it get's down to around $15-$20 used.

Also

Also don't worry too much, Zomboid. I picked up Medal of Honor Warfighter and Borderlands 2. Now I can't criticize anyone's taste about anything anymore.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM       
The new DayZ updates belong in the Korean MMO thread.

Quote:
* [FIXED] Building checks for tent placement (No longer place tents in buildings).
* [FIXED] Food can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
* [FIXED] water can no longer be consumed if the player does not have in inventory.
* [Fixed] No longer possible to drink/eat/pitch a tent/put on clothes/build sand bags/cat wire/hedgehogs/consume medical supplies/free filled water without consuming the item.
* [FIXED] No longer possible to create axes out of thin air if you already have one
* [FIXED] Switching skins no longer repairs pain shakes/broken legs/resets/dupes/screws/resets ammo
* [FIXED] Duping no longer possible through zombie corpses/etc
* [FIXED] It should now be impossible for a new players spawns to spawn unconscious. ()
* [FIXED] You can no longer cook infinite free meat from camp fires
* [FIXED] Survivors should no longer pickup a single item at the same time and both receive it.
* [FIXED] You can no longer generate multiple tents while packing up a deployed tent.
* [FIXED] You can no longer change clothes/eat/drink/etc. while in a vehicle
* [FIXED] Zombie death animation is delayed (now it plays instantly)
* [FIXED] Vehicle Position is now updated with client position.
* [FIXED] Vehicles save fuel properly
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 06:53 PM       
is the multiplayer in dead space 2 worth buying the game for?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 06:55 PM       
If you like playing by yourself. It was a ghost town two months into the release. Why would you buy a game just for the tacked on multiplayer? The campaign is boss.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 07:02 PM       
cuz i can just torrnt it if it doesn't have multiplayer

trying to decide what saleitems to get off of steam. Thinking of getting dead isalnd but i already have it on xbox, but id probably save money on any dlcs...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM       
BANNED

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 04:03 AM       
what did i just skip through
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 12:44 PM       
candy
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I'd be down for that. It seemed like it could be some stupid fun, but I wasn't about to pay full price for it.

Those made me smirk, but it's not really as cheesy as most of the lines like older games had. I thought RE6 wasn't as bad as people have been making it out to be, it was okay, but it just really didn't feel like a Resident Evil game. Leon wasn't really on his A game and Chris was pretty boring this time around for me. Jake was pretty fun though. After playing Ada's campaign the whole story just seemed even more silly and pointless. Definitely at least worth a rental, maybe a purchase when it get's down to around $15-$20 used.

Also

Also don't worry too much, Zomboid. I picked up Medal of Honor Warfighter and Borderlands 2. Now I can't criticize anyone's taste about anything anymore.
Dude, Borderlands 2 is awesome with a couple of friends. Even just as a duo, it's still fun but all 4 people on one screen just gives me nostalgia and is fucking ridiculous. There are so many awesome weapons in that game.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM       
A friend gave me a $30 fight stick so I decided to pick up SSF4 again on PC. It took me 3 days but I can finally reliably hit quarter circles on a stick. Now to just practice hitting the buttons better :< Trying to do a HP to 6MK in the air with a stick is just hard for me.

At least I'm a little more confident with Ibuki.