Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 12:59 PM       
I'm watching The Wire again. Just finished season two last night. I remember Milhouse saying something about season two being better on second viewing, and it's true. I think at first go, it was just really jarring that they drastically changed the main characters and setting, and I still liked it, but I was missing some things from the first season. I definitely felt more for the characters this time. Some tragic shit, yo.

That was very funny. Well done.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM       
i was watching that show southland and saw that one dudes nephew on there and was like MAYBE I WILL WATCH THIS NOW.

man i was really surprised what happened to barksdales nephew
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM       
Southland looked lame to me and then I saw that crossed eye bitch Lucy Lu in a commercial and knew I'd never watch it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i was watching that show southland and saw that one dudes nephew on there and was like MAYBE I WILL WATCH THIS NOW.

man i was really surprised what happened to barksdales nephew
D? Honestly, I think he's my favorite character from season one. His whole arc is probably the saddest of the first few seasons, for me.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM       
Same. he was definitely one of my favorite characters, although i thought he was going to be around a lot more.
but yea I saw him on southland as a cop and it basically made me want to watch the show
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM       
Season 2 was also better for me the second time around because I was already familiar with Ziggy and I didn't get as annoyed with him. I could actually sympathize because you can follow his gradual descent into completely snapping.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM       

poor duck
The Wolf
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM       
Man, fucking Ziggy. I agree that upon second viewing, you can actually start to see where he's coming from. I've met people with similar personality traits, but obviously not to those extremes. Poor, dumb bastard. I sympathized with Frank this time around, too.

I'm into the Hamsterdam stuff now.

Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM       
I have a really hard time deciding which season of The Wire is the best one. After first viewing I would have propably picked season 4 over the others, but after seeing the whole series a few times, I dunno. The only cons (rimshot) I can think of are the first half of season 1, which is kinda slow and the whole serial killer plotline of season 5. Seasons 2-4 are awesome all the way.

Now that I read what I just wrote, I realized there was no point to any of that. The Wire is the best television series that has ever been, so I had to say something.
The Wolf
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:14 AM       
I'd say that season 5 is the weakest, for sure. It's got some good parts, but it's just not as strong as the other ones.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:23 AM       

Someone said "The Wire."
BANNED

Old Mar 12th, 2012, 01:50 AM       
i was just watching law and order SUV and he was in it :O
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:09 PM       
law and order is like a highschool play compared to the wire
BANNED

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:10 PM       
what does that have to do with omar being in it
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM       
nothing, i just wanted to state for the record that law and order is bad
BANNED

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM       
ive seen some good ones
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM       
Is The Walking Dead any good? I have the feeling it's Lost with zombies in it, i wonder if it keeps the comic book/romero vibe
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 11:20 PM       
the walking dead is hit and miss

the first season had about 2 good episodes w/ some good bits here and there
the first half of the 2nd season was a whole lot of nothing w/ only good bits at the last few minutes per episode
the 2nd half of the season really picked things up
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 12:24 AM       
I got pissed off watching the 1st season because it started turning into a love triangle soap opera. Then I looked at the comic and it was just as stupid.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 09:28 PM       
I think in both they realized it was lame and dropped it. However, In the show Shane is still alive and I'm sure the subject will arise again to cause tension between he and Rick.

Spoilers!
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 06:07 AM       
The whole second season of Walking Dead has been retarded. I hate Rick and all the women with passion. Why does Rick have to say every line like it's the most important thing anyone has ever said, punctuating almost every word and half-whispering to appear deep and tormented? Why are the characters so goddamn stupid and blind? Why do the zombies have magical teleportation powers? Why the hell do I keep watching this? Must be the gore, which is the only saving grace left in this pile of meh.
BANNED

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM       
i wish somebody made a movie with zombies tht have teleporting powers
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i wish somebody made a movie with zombies tht have teleporting powers
jason takes manhatten
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM       
While we are talking about shitty shows, has anyone seen that alien one that's in the second season? Oh yeah I remember the name, Falling Skies. I had high hopes that it was watchable, turns out it's Walking Dead with aliens instead of Zombies.
BANNED

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM       
i watched that fora bit when i was living at my uncles.
it was alright i guess