Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:07 AM       
what
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:10 AM       
okay, first arrowx said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
Where the fuck did you come from you horrible ugly little stain on my pants?
then captain goodtimes said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Goodtimes
Woah, how can you see my pants.

Are you like some vision psycic dude
then arrowx said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX
yes I have ESPN
then captain goodtimes said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Goodtimes
That's a sports channel, so what?
see?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:13 AM       
Nobody gets the beavis & buthead reference
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM       
The ESPN joke? That joke has been around since the STONE AGE

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 04:55 AM       
Can we get back to Jon Peters already? I want to hear his ideas on remakes of other movies.

King Kong:

-King Kong should not actually be gigantic, just really tall, like regular gorillas.
-At one point he should rampage through an ice cream bar and the clerk WOULDN'T NOTICE he's a gorilla and he'd just sell him ice cream.
-The voice of King Kong's inner monologue should be done by Cuba Gooding Jr. (because he has INNER POWER)
-King Kong's partner would be a gay chimp.
-King Kong fights crime in the future.
-He can fly. In a really cool car that wears a leather coat, and is gay.
-At one point, King Kong has gay sex.
-Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay.
the[Hitman] is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 09:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
Tarantino movies are partly derivative of certain genres just as Texas Chainsaw Massacre was partly derivative of real life you fucking moron.

Besides, Tarantino isn't popular for his unique stories but for his dialogue.

DICK.
yes its because of his wonderful cliche dialogue. i'm afraid to say making a sentance throwing in the words either ******, fuck or shit does not make for intelligent/original dialogue.
In certain situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. This, is punishment.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
The ESPN joke? That joke has been around since the STONE AGE
Bogus..
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 10:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Can we get back to Jon Peters already? I want to hear his ideas on remakes of other movies.

King Kong:

-King Kong should not actually be gigantic, just really tall, like regular gorillas.
-At one point he should rampage through an ice cream bar and the clerk WOULDN'T NOTICE he's a gorilla and he'd just sell him ice cream.
-The voice of King Kong's inner monologue should be done by Cuba Gooding Jr. (because he has INNER POWER)
-King Kong's partner would be a gay chimp.
-King Kong fights crime in the future.
-He can fly. In a really cool car that wears a leather coat, and is gay.
-At one point, King Kong has gay sex.
-Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay.
- King Kong should not be a gorilla at all, but a mandrill, the most vicious killers in the primate kingdom.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM       
Tarantino is over-rated and Kevin Smith sucks. Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, are boring and repetitve.

As for Tarantino I thought Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were great, but thats about it. True Romance was a lame script, Jackie Brown was so fucking boring I fell asleep. Kill Bill would of been a good movie if it was spliced into one movie and made nonlinear. But, sadly the first half is amazing and the last half was all the filler they should of used to space out the parts of the first one.

Brillant Diologue?

"Were there really 88 of them?"
"No, they just called themselves that, probably because they wanted to sound cool"

Yeah, okay
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 11:28 PM       
yes it is beilliant

If your a good for nothing whore....I'll be on my street corner
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 01:09 AM       
By the way, I'm watching Desperado right now and Quentin is a fucking terrible actor too. He is screen presence is so clumsy and annoying I want to beat the fucking shit out of the characters he plays. And as for his profile, he must of been separated from birth with Jay Leno. He should cut off some of that retardedly large chin and pass it around to Mark Wahlberg and Vin Diesel.

Whine Whine Whine, Bitch Bitch Bitch. Sorry its that time of the month.

Edit: At least when Kevin Smith acts in movies he does me a favour and shuts the fuck up
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 09:38 AM       
Quentin only has small parts in his movies (aside from being a main character in dogs)

Except for jersey girl, kevin hogs up the screen more than a ham sandwhich, and he's always the one who says the right thing once at the right time too.

As far as directing, quentin is better. Storytelling, the both have their flaws. C prompt pointed out that 88 one, theres always a dumb one with Elle going"why dont you smoke some pot". But kevin has a ton of dumb dialouge too "your the queen" and "BONG!"

As for personality, I probably like kevin better, quentin seems like a wimpy cartoon villian.

Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 01:12 PM       
Tarantino has made some decent action flicks, while Smith pretty much sucks at everything.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 01:20 PM       
People who liked Dogma or Kevin Smith in general MAY have missed out on the fact that he cast Alanis Morisette as God.
Neurotic monkey is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
Tarantino movies are partly derivative of certain genres just as Texas Chainsaw Massacre was partly derivative of real life you fucking moron.

Besides, Tarantino isn't popular for his unique stories but for his dialogue.

DICK.
Is that why the dialog in Kill Bill was written like the shitty translated dialouge found in shitty old kung fu movies?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 11:43 AM       
quentin tarantino and kevin smith are both terribly overrated

just like polls

vechron is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 10:03 AM       
I saw the posts by Neurotic monkey and had to say a few things...

"Well, Tarintino just takes movie scripts from the seventies/eighties and copies them"

Your statment is stupid and here is why; any idea utilized for movies or television was already done before; it's called the "Simpsons Effect". Everything is already done; nothing is original.

"...adding in copious pop culture dialouge, violence and swearing."
"...using pop culture dialouge and swearing."

No difference here...

"The other thing is that he is almost twice as good as Tarintno at writing, but is stuck with shitty actors who can't act their way out of a paper bag."

You sir, are a moron. Writing is subjective; what you like some others won't. Personally, "Clerks" and "Chasing Amy" were the only well done movies Kevin ever turned out. Tarentino turned out "Reservoir Dogs", a segment of "Four Rooms" and "Jackie Brown" which were by far better written and directed than either of Kevins good movies.

"Tarintino gets grade A calibur stars..."

Watch your list here...

"Harvey Keitel"

Unappreciated and under used in Hollywood, he was pushed aside by major production companies for the longest time; his last decent role before "Resevoir Dogs" was "The Last Temptation of Christ". Everything else was bit parts and hack shit.

"Samuel Jackson"

Another actor who's career Tarentino jump started; he wasn't even on the radar until he appeared in "Pulp Fiction".

"John Travolta"

CHRIST!!! John Travolta had become a Hollywood joke until he appeared in "Pulp Fiction"! His biggest flick before Pulp was "Stay Alive" or "Look Who's Talking"(2 renown pieces of shit)...

"Bruce Willis"

Always reduced to either a action charecter or comedy goober, his serious acting was never allowed to shine until his appearence in "Pulp Fiction".

"David Roth"

Tim Roth you moron; and besides that, "Resevoir Dogs" and "Four Rooms" stand as the best things he ever did in my book...

"Michael Madsen"

Once again, not fully respected until his appearence as Mr. Blonde in "Resevoir Dogs".

"Uma Thurman"

The best movie she did before "Pulp Fiction" was "Dangerous Liaisons" and that was OK reviews for her. She didn't get serious work until she was graced by Tarentino.

"while every person in a Smith movie is pure crap (Everyone in Clerks, Mallrats, Ben Affleck, Etc.)"

What can I say...he pick's mediocore talent?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 11:18 AM       
he picks his friends actually

vechron is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM       
mediocore talented friends...
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM       
true enough
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
he picks his friends actually
does he pick his nose