Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 09:58 AM        Call of Duty 4
I just bought it a couple days ago and it's intense. The single player's pretty ridiculously short. But at times it's damn near impossible. Still a lot of fun, though. I haven't got a chance to play too much of the multiplayer online because I'm anal about my games and I need to beat the single player first before I play multiplayer. But from what I did play this is the meat of the game. The more you play the more stuff you unlock of course, but this stuff includes moves like dropping a grenade when you die and falling over pretending you're dead but still capping off enemies with your pistol on the ground.

Anyone else have it?
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 10:41 AM       
How linear is it?
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM       
I bought it yesterday while looking for Super Mario Galaxy. It is definitely good stuff as all CODs have been. I just played campaign so far and not for very long.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:30 PM       
I've heard it is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING, in all caps. Is it really that good? Is there health pick-ups or that thing where you just hide.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
I've heard it is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING, in all caps. Is it really that good? Is there health pick-ups or that thing where you just hide.
I remember reading a preview which stated that the game has the same system that the older CoDs have had, i.e. hide and wait to regen.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM       
It looks like that in all the gameplay videos I've seen. The online-multiplayer looks astounding.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 08:25 AM       
It's actually a really solid game in both SP and MP. Sure the single player is short but it's extremely dense and not really that much shorter than some other new releases.

Mutiplayer is AMAZING in all caps. The rankings and achievements are great as you can unlock a whole bunch of content to use in custom MP classes. My favorite perk so far is definitely 'last stand' were instead of dieing when your health reaches zero you kind of fall over and pull out your sidearm giving you a ~20 second chance to shoot any nearby enemies (assuming the guy who originally killed you doesn't finish you off immediately).
Regular mode is nice and 'arcadey' while hardcore is, as the name would suggest, pretty realistic. Both are fun though.

I'd give it a 9/10. One mark being deducted for the really crappy weapon sounds.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM       
I really prefer health pick-ups in my games. Good to hear it's excellent though. I doubt I'll get to play.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM       
Yeah it's pretty much the bee's knees on Live. I was kinda disappointed in no online co-op though
Eyelobe is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 02:17 AM       
I'm hoping someone gets me a console for Christmas just so I can play this game. I'm not a huge gamer, but I really dig CoD for the PC.
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM       
This year has finally turned me into a first-person shooter fan, I <3 this game ;-;
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 04:13 PM       
I'm dishing out total ownage online in this game. I don't know how because usually I suck, but I've been consistently in the top few players of games online. I've been racking up kills like crazy in HQ games using the shotgun. I noticed most people don't use it, but in HQ everybody runs towards the same area so I just lay waste.

I love the martyrdom perk where I pull out a grenade when I die.

While the campaign is rather short, I've been playing through it on Veteran and trying to get good scores in the arcade mode. This has definitely drawn out the time to "beat" single player for me considerably.

This is definetly my favorite game now.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 04:33 PM       
Martyrdom is the worst thing ever to happen to FPSs. I'd say about 40% of my deaths are from the millions of grenades sitting around on the map thanks to all the martyrs. If it worked in the same way as last stand were you'd actually have to pull out the grenade and drop it than it would be ok but the fact you always just drop one regardless of how many bullets are pumped into your face makes it lame as hell.

I've not played in a few days but I'm really going to have to get back into it as I only have a few levels to go before I'm at the top rank.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 12:25 AM       
Well, if you are on a non-FF server then martyrdom is awesome. I switch for last stand on FF servers.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
I'm not really big fan of playing shooters online (probably 'cause I suck) but i really loved the single-player campaign: It was just really friggin' intense! Short, yes, but I'd rather have fun for a few hours than be bored for 40.
One thing I really like is the feel of the game: Sometimes, you really feel like you're in a battlefield; one soldier among many. When you sprint, you realistically lower your weapon and kinda shake side to side, and the feel of the weapons is great too, and that's important, cause if it isn't, it can really fuck up a game. I'd recommend it to any FPS fan.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:36 PM       
I'm not a big multi-player fan of any game but COD4 is the best game i've played since Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube. Easily worth the money.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
I've had this game since it came out.

The single player, while fuckin short, had one of THE best stories I've seen in a FPS. The All Ghillied Up mission in particular stands out.

The MP.... Is fucking broken. The snipers particularly.

I haven't played the game online in a few weeks ( owing to my Xbox Live running out ), but the sniping in this game is just fucking terrible. Half of the rifles apparently have had their rounds placed with non lethal rounds. The other half don't like to hit what you aim at.

The perk system was a great idea, I'll admit... However, like MetalMilitia, said, that martyrdom perk is a fucking bitch. I can say about 70% of the players in ANY given match will have martyrdom equipt. Those who don't just haven't unlocked it yet.

Overall, the game was a great fucking effort, but I get the feeling they rushed some of it too fast.
Feel the guilt
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
The story great? I'll admit, the atmosphere was truly amazing, but the story seemed to be pretty sparse...or maybe I just wasn't paying attention...
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:16 PM       
I am horrible with any sniper weapon in multiplayer. I have missed several times while having my crosshair directly on an enemy's face while he wasn't moving. To me, you have to have some flawless connection or something. I jus' don't get it.

This game is stupid fun though. I just use the P90/G3/M16 to hurt people's feelings. I didn't even worry about leveling the other weapons because they are inferrior to the ones I listed, IMO.

Last Stand is a must. I can't tell you how many kills I have gotten with that shit. Martyrdom is pretty weak cause you can quickly learn how to avoid being killed by it.

My typical perks go something like this:
Perk 1: 2 Claymores or 3x Grenades
Perk 2: Bullets do more damage
Perk 3: Last Stand

What do yall do?
Feel the guilt
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM       
I had last stand for a while, but the enemy always seemed to finish me off before I got to shoot them, so it didn't really help me much. I haven't got martyrdom yet (heven't played that long), but I get killed quite frequently by it, so it seems like it would be pretty useful to me.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM       
It depends on my class.
I typically use one of three custom classes.

My Covert is
Silenced MP5.
Silenced Pistol.
Perk 1 - C4/Claymore or Bandolier
Perk 2 - UAV Jammer
Perk 3 - Steady Aim

My Sniper is
Any rifle. Usually an SVD with Red/Blue Tiger. I almost had the Gold Camo but my XBL ran out.
Gold Desert Eagle
Perk 1 - Depending on the rifle, I will use eaither the Claymores or Bandolier ( Only if I use the R700 )
Perk 2 - Stopping Power or UAV Jammer ( Depending on map )
Perk 3 - Last Stand or Deep Impact ( Depending on map or my whims )

My Assault is :
M-16 or AK-47 with Red Dot.
Desert Eagle
Perk 1 - RPG or Bandolier
Perk 2 - Stopping Power
Perk 3 - Deep Impact or Steady Aim

I also have a special class I created, just for fucking with people. I don't know if any of you ever had the same idea but I'll share it. I call it Grenade Whore

First off
Equip an M-16,M-4, or AK-47.
Use the Grenade Launcher Attachment
Pick any handgun you want.
Perk 1 - Will not be available
Perk 2 - Overkill. Use any of the rifles said above.
Perk 3 - Steady Aim

Have fun. This gives you about four or five noob tubes if I remember correctly. It really pisses people off.