Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 04:22 PM       
I thought it was OK, but the 3D stuff wasn't too spectacular.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM       
Someone told me last night that the 3D was awesome. I need to ask what was so great about it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 05:05 PM       
TIM BURTON: STOP MAKING MOVIES
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Tim Burton had absolutely nothing to do with Coraline, numbnuts
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
TIM BURTON: STOP MAKING MOVIES
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 10:58 PM       
Quote:
Someone told me last night that the 3D was awesome. I need to ask what was so great about it.
Rather than waste the movie showing off the 3D by going out of their way to make things jump out at you (ala Polar Express or Spy Kids 3D), they used the effects to add depth to the movie.

The actual 3D effects are also well done, especially when they have a needle come out of a piece of cloth and seemingly right towards you.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM       
Saw this last night in 3D and I loved it. Great story and the 3D was there to add depth not to be cheesy like was already mentioned. When Coraline looks through the tunnel that brings her to the other world thats got to be the best 3D effect I have seen. I really felt like I was looking down a long tunnel. I am glad I fnally saw this before it left theaters. I highly recommend this to anyone.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM       
I really liked Coraline when I read it as a comic book, but I don't feel like seeing the movie... saw the trailer and got tired in my eyes from watching the hysterical carneval at the other world.

But I can agree with those who think Gaiman is overrated. He is. He's done some good stuff, some lame stuff, some that falls in between, but most people don't seem to agree with this but consider everything that comes out of his pen pure gold. A lot of the stuff he does isn't very original either (I'm talking in general terms now, not specifically about Coraline)... Like the idea that gods of various religions really exist as long as people believe in them, for example. That idea has been used a thousand times in various pop culture, but many reviewers seem to think that it's a highly original concept.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM       
It's an original concept if it's the first time you've seen it.

Or the first time you seen it used well.

I like the work of Burton and Gaiman, but yeah, it's been a while since they've surprised me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Tim Burton had absolutely nothing to do with Coraline, numbnuts
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM       
Yeah, but when I read this thread earlier I wanted to chime in with calls for it to be remade by him.

Along with all movies.

Starring Jake Busey.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM       
I agree!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Platinum Poppy View Post
I really liked Coraline when I read it as a comic book, but I don't feel like seeing the movie... saw the trailer and got tired in my eyes from watching the hysterical carneval at the other world.

But I can agree with those who think Gaiman is overrated. He is. He's done some good stuff, some lame stuff, some that falls in between, but most people don't seem to agree with this but consider everything that comes out of his pen pure gold. A lot of the stuff he does isn't very original either (I'm talking in general terms now, not specifically about Coraline)... Like the idea that gods of various religions really exist as long as people believe in them, for example. That idea has been used a thousand times in various pop culture, but many reviewers seem to think that it's a highly original concept.
Is coraline a comic book or a normal book? I was under the impression it was a regular book.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM       
It was a regular book at first, but then it was made into a comic book with drawings of P Craig Russell. I think though, that it follows the regular book pretty much exactly. I've only read the comic.