Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM        "milk diet"?
My parents were watching a special on some guy who was up for bariatric treatment surgery, but had to lose weight before it could be done safely. So his doctors put him on the "famous milk diet" and he lost like 60 lbs in a month or something. (Although, when you weigh 800 lbs or thereabouts, 60 lbs comes off faster than it would if you weighed 300.)

Anyway, my dad started doing his own interpretation of this thing and has been losing weight like crazy. I think the guy in the special just drank milk instead of food, but my dad drinks milk for breakfast and then a big glass before each meal. He still eats as he did, but he said the milk is so filling he doesn't want much. He's been drinking 2%. My parents said the special reported that milk is a "perfect food", but I can't see this as being a great idea long-term.

I've been trying to drink more milk, but I also have a parathyroid issue that tends to truck calcium straight to my kidneys and make omgbad stones, so I'm a little afraid of that.

Anyone else heard of this? The most I can find by googling are some halfass pages that may or may not be diet ads.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM       
Milk is pretty rad. It's the only natural source of Casein protein, which your body metabolizes very slowly. For that reason, it's best used after waking to feed muscles throughout the day and right before bed to prevent muscle cannibalization.

As for weight loss, I don't know why Milk would do that. At low milkfat%s, milk is relatively high in sugars, and whole milk is also very high in fat. When lifters are bulking, a common staple of their diets is to drink a gallon of whole milk a day.

Any weight loss program basically boils down to lowering calorie intake, since that's pretty much the only factor that affects fat storages (ketosis does this too, but milk does not assist ketosis in any capacity). The only explanation I could offer is that these people are trading fattening foods for a less calorie-dense food (milk).

Got any links on the milk diet?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 08:10 PM       
MILK FARTS BURN MORE CALORIES THAN NORMAL FARTS

YOU IGNORANT FUCKS!
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM       
Milk is poisonous from the cows drinking fluorinated water.