Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 03:39 AM        Reasons for the End of Man
There are plenty of them, immodesty and et cetera.

But I think one of the main reasons why humanity is coming to an end is that there is a very detailed article on Wikipedia of Heckle and Jeckle. Maybe some don't understand why that is important, and I would be inclined to agree that the article itself is unimportant in and of itself. However, it's mere existence is indicative of hours of effort that some awful soul spent compiling information and sources for, as opposed to spending that time with their children or painting a model warship even.

The evil is not that everything can be found at a moment's notice and doesn't have to actually be learned; it is that, suddenly, everything anybody has ever known is important.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 05:31 AM       
Id say those things were compiled by numerous individuals and it grew through time. Passion and nostalgia is what drives people to make ornate webpages with full attention to detail about their favorite subject matter. As for the repercussions of such endeavors, there would probably a big decline in birthrate, but its not like its a bad thing ^.^
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 06:15 AM       
I agree with Wiffles. The real End of Man will be either the descent into barbarism brought about by the Final Crisis of Capitalism, or annihilation at the hand of an overly aggressive alien race of warriors.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 06:33 AM       
I like the latter one. Sounds more badass.

But I still think that people's sense of entitlement will be their undoing. That they're entitled to a good day, that it's an innate human right that they not be offended or criticized in any way, that everyone is special. The idea that every human being and all of their accomplishments are somehow relevant to the rest of humanity is laughable to me.

Then again, I could go reductionist and say that we are very non-competitive as a species, or rather, it's not embraced. We keep the infirm alive, etc. Humans don't have as many children, though that differs geographically.

As an aside; white people are just gonna go down. Like crash and burn.

Then again, the sun could explode in 20,000 years or the day after tomorrow. At least I won't have to worry about having frittered away my entire life on something insignificant. I sleep soundly, when I do. Seeing the sun explode would be a good time.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM       
thats a pretty cool analyses. Although I think alien invasions are very unlikely. Its very likely that our world will become like "mad max" once we finish off our resources and fight amongst the remainders.
Banned
stihudhop is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM       
Mass sucks and is full of assholes. Every time I go there we get some kind of hassle with people screaming on the sidewalk at 2am. Mass needs this bill since it's full of stubborn retarded inbreds. It's just strange that they would do this for swine flu and not AIDS which is rampant in the cousin lover state.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
Whoa whoa whoa, buddy.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:36 PM       
that spams woulda fit fine in that other thread, they were so close.

you should rename this thread baby's first introspection

sorry that was mean :< i need to get back to work forgive me somehow
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM       
I fuck up the game, aight?
Banned

kgp4death is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
Well lots of ways world will end....
1) Super virus, super bacteria, or plague (last time the bubonic plague wiped out 1/3 of the planet.
2) Asteroid (destroyed pretty much all life on earth a few times - trilobites and dinosaurs)
3) Aliens of course I think it is very possible with literally millions of alien species likely to exist. (actually I saw a UFO once it was one of the spherical metallic ones it was hovering 250ft above the highway and was visibly spinning it suddenly it made a large spiral in the sky as if it wanted to go right but because it was spinning it was faster to make a spiral. Then about 10 seconds later 3 fighter jets past chasing it and let me tell you the UFO sent from hovering to way faster the the fighter jets in about half a second. I am not saying it was aliens it was probably a military project but no one can tell me that the objects (whatever they are do not exist...I am actually serious, and am not joking)
4) Humans completely destroy environment
5) Sudden radiation spike from a star exploding or pulsar
6) a hundred other things our immature 1000 old science can't even imagine

Solution:
Colonize as many planets/solar systems as possible as fast as possible. With little to no inter planetary movement after the initial colony drop (in order to stop spread of new disease)
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM       
it will all go on forever and ever andever and ever. we all want to think that we are so special that it will all end while we are around

when the first few hairless apes started to talk to each other instead of shaking their hairless butts at each other, the buttshakers thought the end was near (there is a joke here somewhere, but i gotta go t bed and am too tired to figure it out)
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2009, 11:17 PM       
I dreamt of the end of the world (or the last few days). The sun got huge and red and really, really close to the Earth. So that's how I'm picturing the end now.

Quote:
Colonize as many planets/solar systems as possible as fast as possible. With little to no inter planetary movement after the initial colony drop (in order to stop spread of new disease)
Just watch out if any of the planets have hallucination-inducing oceans.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM       
I think the biggest reason for the end of man is that we are too dependent on technology and nobody knows how to fucking do anything anymore.

And yes, I am arrogant enough that I sincerely want to see the end of humankind but still get to be around to watch the show.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
I dreamt of the end of the world (or the last few days). The sun got huge and red and really, really close to the Earth. So that's how I'm picturing the end now.
Technically, planets' orbits become more and more elliptical as they pass by other objects on their way around the Sun.

At least, I inferred that from texts.

So, if we don't die out for a bajillion bajillion years (unlikely), eventually the planet would be so cool and dark during one half of the year and so hot and bright during the other that it'd probably be unable to support life. Or maybe that's just me talking out of my ass.

The constant and exponential expansion of the universe, however, is very interesting. Imagine pulling outward on two sides of a balloon. The top and bottom are pulled inward, towards each other. That's what some scientists think is going to happen. That the "top" or "bottom" side of the universe is going to pull in and crush the solar system almost instantly because the sides of the universe are stretching so thin. I think it's a badass way to end our part of the universe. Imagine when the two sides of the universe meet each other and crush together all of the matter. BOOM. It wouldn't be enough to send the universe back into place, but it might fuse together and make a near-perfect liquid.

They say that the universe was a tiny amount of perfect fluid before it exploded and started expanding.

Also, space is actually made out of stuff, not just the absence of stuff. Which I always took to be fact since I was a kid, but I didn't know that a lot of people thought it was just an empty vacuum.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 06:32 AM       
Except that the universe it's made of rubber. Most theories on the universe and it's expansion/crunch/big bang are all speculation, or just scientists having fun with hypotheticals.

i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 12:23 PM       
to make way for a hyperspace bypass.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.