Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM        Would you get upset if...
... your 4-year-old daughter called you a "momo"? It's her new thing now and while I initially got upset because A) I don't like her calling people names and B) I thought she mistakenly called me a homo, I realized that it's really not that bad.
As it turns out she wasn't calling me a homo. She meant to call me a momo. Which is another one of her made up words. (If you don't have a youngin' you probably don't understand this.) She also gives all her stuffed animals names like Hantsa, Chintsa, Ponda, and Leeza.

So I don't tolerate being called a dumb-dumb head or a smelly face, but for some reason I can't help but smile when my daughter calls me a momo. And it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to call other people momo's.

"Honey, look at that guy pushing the shopping cart over there. What a momo!"

But still, I can't help but wonder if this is a word she heard on television or something. Anyone ever heard of momo? Should I be upset?
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM       
I'd be pretty damn angry if somebody accused me of being a traditional Himalayan dish. Or an Italian design company.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM       
She could be trying to say "Mormon". You be the judge.
You may already be there.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
Dear Personal Diary,

Today I lost credibility in the eyes of McClain by the way in which I push my shopping cart.

P.S. Everybody stop reading my Personal Diary.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM       
Serious momo problems ;_;
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM       
You know, it took all of a third of a second for the idea to enter my head for McClain to post a picture of his daughter to get that caption, and then have that idea fizzle for how terrible it is from McClain's perspective.

Wasn't one of the little Burbank's posted and used similarly? Maybe Cordelia, re a "stinkin' poop rainbow".

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM       
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM       
I think no one could truly be accused of "mistakenly" calling you a homo, McClain. Not even a four year-old.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM       
I wouldn't be upset, but I would explain to her (or try to) that it is too close to a word of hate and that other people will not like her when she says it because they misunderstood what she said. It might even teach her another life lesson, people hear what they want to hear.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM       
I called my mom "momo" when I was little, i.e. last week.
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I called my mom "momo" when I was little, i.e. last week.
I was going to say earlier that it sounds to me as if "momo" is just a cute little kid way of saying "mom". I refrained from posting though in case McClain is male and thus would be suitably emasculated by such a notion.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM       
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=momo

1. MOMO
306 up, 83 down

A generic insult used to describe one who is irritating, annoying, or an idiot. (synonyms include but are not limited too: ass, asshole, bastard, bitch, blockhead, bonehead, cocksucker, dick, dickhead, dolt, dope, dunce, fool, halfwit, idiot, imbecile, jackass, jerk, mother-fucker, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, rascal, scamp, schmo, schmuck, simpleton, son of a bitch, tomfool, twerp)

1. If someone is driving badly, one might say "Hey momo! Learn to drive!"
2. If a loud crow outside your window wakes you up, you might say "God! Shut up stupid momo bird!"
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM       
2. Momo
24 up, 17 down
Japanese for "peaches"

5. Momo
2 up, 6 down
Racial slur for Mormons.

6. momo
23 up, 27 down
not quite gay, not quite mother fucker. The combining of Homo and Mofo.

7. momo
2 up, 7 down
A three legged talking deer.
A friend of mine in elementary school (in Maine) told me his grandfather saw a three legged deer. He said its name is Momo. Momo speaks at a 3rd grade level but cannot write.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM       
as long as she doesn't call you a momosexual it should be fine
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
King Momos, King Momus, (Rei Momo in Portuguese or Rey Momo in Spanish) is considered the king of Carnivals in numerous Latin American festivities, mainly in Brazil and Colombia. His appearance signifies the beginning of the Carnival festivities. Each carnival has its own King Momo, who is often given the key to the city. Traditionally, a tall, fat man is chosen to fulfill the role because the original King Momo was of that physical stature
Wikipedia
When we celebrate carnival in my homeland on the last day they used to burn the King Momo doll i never knew why, but i do get upset if someone call me momo cause here it's means retarded :
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM       
Pretty sure Momo is a term for useless. At least that's what it meant in Breath of Fire III.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM       
momo was a book i read when i was a kid about some grey men stealling time i think i still have it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM       
Banned
layla17 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM       
That's great. I told one of friends the story and they absolutely loved it.