Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 10:12 PM       
I am very distracted by David Tennant's Russell Brand impersonation.

I like either of them otherwise. Just not when they meld together.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM       
Watching Sadako 3D right now. It had a couple of trailers for stuff that looked interesting. I used to be really hardcore into J-Horror but now I'm sort of tiring of the omnipresent recurring themes. I understand the psychology is different there and they need a certain recipe for scary, but I'm tired of checking it all off the list. They still outdo us on suspense, though.

Edit- just about 90% through with it and for some reason the end of this movie, not to give away too many spoilers, is hilarious. They multiplied the onryo, gave them mummy faces with big denture teeth (think of the scene in Poltergeist II when they found the preacher in the cave), and finished it off with a set of giant grasshopper legs. Too fucking funny.

Last edited by Kitsa : Nov 2nd, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM       
Ah, now I want to see it.

I watched Pacific Rim. As long as you only expect awesome fights between giant robots and giant aliens, it's great.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM       
Sadako 3D was not terribly creepy in the way that Ju-On was. I can only think of one halfway creepy scene in a flashback. It was mainly a lot of 3-D jump scares (you get VERY used to Sadako's hand reaching out at you from a computer screen VERY quickly). The heroine was mostly annoying and had a deus-ex-machina escape mechanism that didn't always make sense ("IyooooooooooOO!"). Also, I had no idea that the idea of a 404 scared the Japanese so much.

The army of Sadakos, though, was fucking hilarious.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 04:24 PM       
Just watched Hot Rod on Comedy Central. I found it to be pretty darn funny.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 08:17 PM       
Watched RIPD. It was horrible.

I can save you the trouble. It's Ghost, except Ryan Reynolds is Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore is now French. It's Men in Black, except Ryan Reynolds is Will Smith and Jeff Bridges is Tommy Lee Jones.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM       
Even with James Hong in the film it still sucks huh? Bummer.
Watched Godzilla vs. Biollante. It's Godzilla against Audrey II! So very good.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:20 PM       
He had about five minutes of footage. Those were okay.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM       
Trying to get two more Takashi Shimizu movies watched today- shock labyrinth and tormented. Partway through shock labyrinth right now. So far, not a fan.

Edit: I stopped in the middle of Shock Labyrinth because I was sick of it. It was like a feature-length ad for a haunted house. Elements meant to be creepy (someone running down a hallway, her face appearing on the back of her head, suddenly running jerkily backwards toward the camera) just came off as lame. Elements used heavily in other movies (eyes rolling around, eyes going black), were overused and no longer startling. There were only a couple of minor psychological subplots that were disturbing.

I was so pissed I didn't even bother with Tormented.

Last edited by Kitsa : Nov 9th, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 07:20 PM       
That sounds kind of cool. Reminds me of Slashers.

I saw Tai Chi Zero last night and really liked it. It was pretty funny and it turns out there are two more films in the series.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM       
I don't know whether it's being preoccupied with an active kid, or if youtube has spoiled me with short clips or what, but I am having a really hard time sitting through an entire movie these days. Just can't keep my attention on it.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM       
Thor: the Dark World? It's a wild sci-fi fantasy trip with loads of action--just what you expect.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 09:59 AM       
Tai Chi Hero was just as much fun as the first one. And it even had Peter Stormare playing a guy named Duke Fleming.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM       
Gravity

One of the best theater experiences i've had. As a movie, it was just ok. Very intense scenes and the pacing was perfect, but dialogue on the other hand was a bit cheesy. The visuals and and the feeling of "being there" more than made up for that. Five stars, easily.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 10:27 PM       
Ninja III: The Domination. Ninjas, aerobics, James Hong, possession through obscure arcade machine, eye-patch, V8...

Spoilers!
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM       
That looks like a Godfrey Ho movie on a higher budget. Love it!
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM       
Since the last time I posted I watched quite a few movies.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble is watchable.

Superman vs. the Elite is actually solid.

Nacho Libre actually feels mediocre.

Pi (not the one with the East Indian youth—I’m referring to the one with the disturbed mathematician) is actually an intense little experience.

As for The General (the one with Buster Keaton), I'm honestly not sure what I think of it, though it does have a fair bit going for it.

I am more sure about Frozen, which I went out to see earlier this evening. It's quite good, actually.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM       
It's been a while since I watched Pi, didn't turn into secret jews trying to decode the bible through Pi or some dumb shit.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM       
Dutch: First time viewing, now a yearly film
Tank Girl: A long time favorite finally released on Blu-Ray.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 08:04 PM       
mr Kitsa took my kid to see Free Birds (I was sick as hell and not going anywhere) and said it was horrible. He said the theater was full of kids and no one laughed once.
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 08:45 PM       
Yeah, even the trailer for that one sucks. Looks like Mr. Peabody & Sherman is the next animated movie I'm seeing in the theater.

I watched the live Rifftrax Christmas shorts special. They found some great ones and the whole show was really good.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM       
Just found out Fitzcarraldo was going to have Mick Jagger in it, and actually did, until they had to start shooting from the beginning all over again. That would've been sonething..
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRoseBrian View Post
The General ... does have a fair bit going for it.
wtf seriously "a fair bit"????
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 12:18 AM       
Christmas story 2.

Lasted five mins.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM       
stoker-it was...interesting