Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM       
REPUTATION UPDATE (CONGRATS CHROJON)
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:24 PM       
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM       
GIVE HIM LOTS OF PICKLES THRASHO BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T HE'LL TAKE IT AWAY FROM EVERYONE.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:34 PM       
That could've been, too. I was distracted when I read it.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM       
Hey guys how's it goin? I'll be leaving tomorrow evening for what will be the better part of two months. I'll post on here if I ever get the chance, who knows. But I <3 you all.
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM       
Be safe :<
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM       
I just found this on stumbleupon:

P.S.

Thx Emu! If I get dead the few friends I have on facebook that are on here will find out!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM from Pram Maven
Hi Mods,

I figured out your spam problem in terms of why it is happening and how you can stop it cold. You might not want to post this in public in case I'm right and you have to admit that I'm not stupid to everyone you've convinced.

First, why it is happening: when you linked to my thread in your sigs, the resulting link juice was building up and interpreted as spam by... you guessed it, SPAMMERS!

They saw all those thousands of yummy backlinks from I-mockery to Google to mean that the I-mockery/forum was A) very popular, B) very trusted by Google, and C) very vulnerable to being spammed. In essence, they saw SERIOUS LINK JUICE to exploit, and when they discovered those links were influencing the Google SERPS, they started posting.

To fix this, all you need to do is:

1. Place a "no follow" attribute in the source code of the front page of the forum; and

2. Make threads and posts invisible to anyone not logged in. You could technically make the thread titles still visible, but spammers could still use the keywords to target I-mockery or its affiliate sites and outgoing links. As long as the "no follow" tag is on the forum but not on the site itself, it will still be easy for people to find both the site and the forum on Google.

In the meantime, disabling post SIGNATURES to posters not logged in will stop *most* of the spam. Those other two things will stop it all the way. This is what I discovered we could do on another forum I was on and it really worked.

I realize this will interfere with your ability to Google bomb me from I-mockery, but you can't have it both ways. Either torment me through your sigs, or put up with SPAM. Whether you realized it or not, Tadao's idea to massively link to my thread is what caused the spammers to target this forum in the first place (call it Google Karma), so you can blame him for the current spam problem.

To reiterate, spammers must have first seen that the signatures were hiding something, and then they saw the backlinks underneath. Their spiders might even have "hitched a ride" on them, discovered that Google indexed the links in its results and said "Wow, I-mockery is a gold mine! Get your picks".

I did not encourage this situation, it just sort of happened concurrently with my exit. Consider it "The Pram Maven Curse". Anyway, all of the above info should keep your spammers at bay.

Good luck,

Don Carlson
PROBLEM SOLVER

PS: Hit me up on Yahoo sometime when you get this working. I like to fix things and solve puzzles. It would be great if, in the process of leaving, I actually made a positive contribution to the forum you hate me on.
all we have to do to solve our spam problem is delete the things pram maven doesn't like. it's so simple and logical when you think about it. consider this post my official apology.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM       
CONSIDER IT "THE PRAM MAVEN CURSE" BECAUSE OUR FORUM WILL FOREVER BE RAPED BY SPAM BOTS.

YOU CAN ALSO CALL ME THE CHAMELEON.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM       
Oh man I wish Pram would go hang out with that crazy guy Rez brought up.
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM       
call it Google Karma
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM       
link juice
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM       
Hickman- next time you're stranded at Bagram let me know. I gots the hookup, sometimes.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM       
Also, there used to be some sort of thread for this but my brain's so burned out from last week that I can't remember where it was. So here's this

link to clearance monster paint-your-own-bobblehead set.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 05:42 PM       
i bet pram maven posted a link to this website on like a spam bot index or something
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 05:53 PM       
or he interfaced with the spambot system like the end of the matrix.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 06:17 PM       
Aw man, Hickman. I am cutting a pizza in your honor. Quarters or eighths?
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Hickman- next time you're stranded at Bagram let me know. I gots the hookup, sometimes.
I'll keep that in mind. I stay on BAF most of the time on one of the SOTF compounds. I don't normally leave unless it's absolutely necessary. The rest of Bagram is horribly gay. "Hey where's my salute?" "We're in a goddamn WARZONE". I never understood it.

And Shyandquietguy...what kind of pizza?
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM       
Digerno four meat ultimate pizza.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 08:09 PM       
turkey potpies, cheap white wine and some oldschool Dr. Who, here. Shaping up to be a mighty classy evening.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM       
I'll be back when I stop hallucinating.

Love,
k0k0

PS. What the pickle?
Prepare for time warp.
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 11:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
or he interfaced with the spambot system like the end of the matrix.
HUMAN YOU PLEASURE ME WITH YOUR ASSORTMENT OF ALPHABET CHARACTERS. I WISH TO PRESENT YOU WITH A PIXELIZED CARTOON DRAWING OF CUCUMIS SATIVUS INFUSED WITH FERMENTED ETHANOL TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS OF JOY.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. ACCEPT THIS ->
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 04:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
That really sounds like you are offering sex there, Kitsa.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM       
I's takes what I's can gets
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM       
Wasn't offering sex, just so we're clear on that. I was offering a contact who flies out of there all the time.