Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:53 PM       
YOU TALK AND YOU TALK BUT YOU HAVE NO GRUMBAAGH
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
So I just finished Nausicaa.

I'm in that state of being half awake and not able to fall asleep because of all the caffine in me and am really fucking high right now, but even so I'm sure that was the best comic I've ever read and the best ending for anything I've seen in a while.

I heard there was a film adaptation, which I'll be checking out sometime later, but it'd really have to be somewhere around 5 hours long to even get close to doing justice to the story.

Everyone go read it. Right now.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
sorry i'm too busy playing domjot
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
s'cool, bro

man, the movie changed the original story completely like halfway through :<

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 25th, 2008 at 07:52 PM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
I'd say my favorite mangas are the Rurouni Kenshin and Trigun/Trigun Maximum series. I can't stand shonens at all, but those are both really solid.

Also, I read this weird book drawn by that chick who did DNAngel. I forget the title, but it was about people being born as females and then choose to be males when taking on different roles in society. Confusing as hell since nothing was explained until the chapter ended and the author throws a bunch of footnotes at you and shit. Ended on a cliffhanger, and I haven't seen any others published.

I kinda want to pick up Death Note. I've been watching the dub casually at night when I working on stuff, and it's pretty good. Any verdict on the manga?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
I know this guy GW, you might like him.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM       
the only difference between the manga and the anime is the absence of a really mood-setting soundtrack and a really gay filler scene in episode 25 where L towels off Light's feet, which the writers tried to pass off as a bible reference.

So I reccomend the anime over the manga, yes.
has a woody
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 09:03 PM       
Okay. Can't say I like it now that L's gone, though :<
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
yeah, the whole Near saga is really stupid.

I do love the finale, however.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk View Post
I hate to break it to you, but being an anime/manga fan over here is kind of like being black in the south.
Totally agree with you. In my school, you get socially lynched admitting you like anime and manga, because all those damn freshman give us a bad image, with their jumping around, yelling 'SEPHIROTH IS MY BISHY!" and wearing googles out of context.... There's a difference between liking manga and being a douchebag.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:47 PM       
No there isn't, fuck you

Way to chime in to respond to a post two months late and defend youself with the cliched "Those other fans give fans like me a bad name".

BTW "being an anime fan here" meant HERE, as in, this message board.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:38 PM       
Whoops, my bad, misread that.
But you have to admit, there are so many things out there that would probably be a lot better if there weren't those certain groups of people who run around acting like douchebags and setting the bar for how everyone else will think about it. Like trekkies. These days, when someone hears that you're a trekkie they almost always think of those fat nerds living in basements rattling of episode numbers. Because there are all these dumbasses, it just makes everyone else who likes the same thing but is more conserved about it look bad.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Okay. Can't say I like it now that L's gone, though :<
Man, L makes that series.

And Ryuk should be more involved.....ALL THE TIME.

In fact...they should just have the adventures of L and Ryuk...yeah...

Shutting up...
Token Bleeding Heart
Old May 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM       
The new theme is kinda... epileptic. It kind of ruined the mood for me, after seeing a practically rave video before a show about murdering people.
HERE - COME - THE - DRUMS
Master is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
Death Note - Great, intelligent story with a shitload of plot twists that even managed to keep my mum interested enough to finish the series. The visual style of the manga (ie, the Death Gods) was very interesting. Loved Ryuk, he made DN what it is as far as I'm concerned.

Bleach - Average story, but lots of action make it worth reading/watching.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - I'm really not sure what compels me to watch/read this. Humungous robot fight scenes are always a plus. Good characterization aswell. Definitely worth reading, although I'd recommend the anime over the manga.
OH GOD
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM       
guys talk about something i can make more lame star trek references in response to

or at least talk about berserk, and we can discuss how the dude with the big sword fought off evil otto in that one issue
has a woody
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
Man, L makes that series.

And Ryuk should be more involved.....ALL THE TIME.

In fact...they should just have the adventures of L and Ryuk...yeah...

Shutting up...

I don't care for Ryuk too much (probably because his face is unpleasant) but L added some levity to the story. I kinda like Misa Misa too, only because she's so naive and Light just swats her away like a fly when she gets all excited and shit.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
hat this thread

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:28 AM       
Hat?

Hmm....I just want to kill misamisa.
NERD CHAT! YEAH!
Banned

thepiemockmaster is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM       
death note
OH GOD
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM       
more like brown noise

Last edited by executioneer : May 16th, 2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: like
Banned

thepiemockmaster is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
I know thats what comes out of your mouth everytime you talk.
OH GOD
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM       
better out than in, fartsucker
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:02 AM       
Mr. everywhere
fluffkomix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM       
aw man i dn! though i gotta admit, i got bored of reading it halfway thru the near saga, and then went to my local bookstore just to read the last volume to find out what happens. poor light