Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 02:22 AM        Mohammed's 9 Year Old Wife
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm

read it for yourself.

I remember hearing about this 7-8 years ago and then a Muslim said, it was because she was a slave and the only way he could get her out of slavery was through marriage.

It turns out she was not a slave but a friend's foster-niece.

He got engaged to her at age six, but don't worry, he was a man of principles and waited until age 9 to marry her and begin cohabitation.

IDK... I used to always cite a big difference between Christ and Mohammed was that Christ was a man of peace who healed those who attacked him while Mohammed massacred those who would not convert (pure facts for you).

Now we can add one more to the list:

Christ was celibate and even encouraged profound celibacy amongst his followers.

Mohammed married the 9 year old nieces of his followers (after waiting three years out of decency).
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 07:43 AM       
Go back and read the Bible a little more closely before you start posting about religion. Also Christ never encouraged Celibacy.

Celibacy refers either to being unmarried or to sexual abstinence. Celibacy is sometimes used as a synonym for "abstinence" or "chastity." A vow of celibacy is a promise not to enter into marriage or engage in sexual intercourse. The term involuntary celibacy has recently appeared to describe a chronic, unwilling state of celibacy.

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 08:10 AM       
Matthew 19:12:

"I would that all men were even as myself; but every one hath his proper gift from God .... But I say to the unmarried and to the widows, it is good for them if they so continue, even as I."

Basically... There is no need to ever get married or to be sexually active.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 08:52 AM       
Matthew 19:12 goes as follows

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.

What kind of Bible are you reading?

Oh yes before you start up on Eunichs were celibate. Eunich was originally used as a term for a servant or slave. They were not always castrated. So basically it is saying be a servant to the kingdom of Heaven.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM       
http://bibleresources.bible.com/pass...A12&version1=9

King James version.

@ getting pwned by your own Bible
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM       
KKK, I would TOTALLY recommend celibacy for you.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM       
I'd recommend castration, chemical or otherwise.

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 12:57 PM       
It's just my two cents, but I'm gonna vote for 'otherwise'.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM       
Just to throw something completely random into this thread.

I just saw part of the Republican Debate and I though amazingly that Nick Romney looked a hell of a lot like Bruce Campbell.

What are your thoughts on this important issue KK?

Can we trust a potential president that has failed on numerous occasions to stop the rampaging hoard of Deadites to actually lead our great country?
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSabbah View Post
I just saw part of the Republican Debate and I though amazingly that Nick Romney looked a hell of a lot like Bruce Campbell.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM       
That is quite accurate as well. From a slightly diagonal angle we have Campbell and full on a muppet. Great just great.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM       
isn't that Guy Smiley?
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM       
Yes it is.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM       
oh shit! I guess this means my faith is wrong. son of a bitch, I thought I was praying to the right god this time.

Old Dec 12th, 2007, 06:30 PM       
I copied whatever it was from the catholic encyclopedia when I went to get quick links to the reasons for the celibacy of the clergy. My bad.

But one thing still stands: Mohammed had 9 or 11 wives, it is debated on hthe number, and one of them was a 9 year old girl. He was a fucking pedophile son of a bitch.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 06:31 PM       
Luke 16:12

And the Lord spake, "would someone please tell the Muslims that they are worshipping the wrong god," and then did the Lord roll his eyes at the worshippers of Allah, declaring "duuuuuh!"

Mocker
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 06:36 PM       
yeah because catholics are gonna put Mohammad on a pedestal.

none the less I love this topic it's so meaningful. It doesn't seem like purposeless mudslinging on islam with questionable sources and self mutilating dousche bags trying to feel like they are better than another group of people because he read the wikipedia article on their religious leader.
Mocker
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM       
taking a purely logical stand point I'm gonna remind KK that he is a stupid dumbshit, because knocking islam doesn't make Christianity better.

What difference does it make how many wives mohammad had to what type of religion Christianity is? Did people run out and get islam membership cards because the Da Vinci code convinced them that Jesus married Mary Magdalin?

KK, you're actually perpetuating the awful stereotype that people of faith are petty and will try to make you think like them in subverted methods. Do you benefit at all by muckraking? do you have a careful understanding of arabic tribal culture? do you think there is a competition between muslim and christians to gain the most constituants like insurance companies or something?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 07:07 PM       
KKK is also forgetting that 1500 years ago, people had life expectancies of something in the neighbourhood of 25 years. If you were 15, you probably already had 3 kids.
Old Dec 12th, 2007, 08:59 PM       
The Bible has instances of the same thing you are complaining about with Mohammed KK. Do your research and you will see. Not to mention several other heinous acts that would be looked down upon in todays society.

Most religions are founded on basically the same principle its manipulative religous organizations that ruin what could be a decent message.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 03:06 AM       
[quote=Kulturkampf;514279
But one thing still stands: Mohammed had 9 or 11 wives, it is debated on hthe number, and one of them was a 9 year old girl. He was a fucking pedophile son of a bitch.[/quote]

OMG HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING! FATWA ON YOU FAAAAAATWWWWWAAA!

Quote:
IDK... I used to always cite a big difference between Christ and Mohammed was that Christ was a man of peace who healed those who attacked him while Mohammed massacred those who would not convert (pure facts for you).

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his lifewill lose it, and whoever loses his life because of me will find it. -Matthew 10:34-39

You aren't the only one who can quote Matthew, KK.

Old Dec 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM       
The difference here is that to cite absurdities in Christianity requires going to old testament books -- Christ overthrew Old Testament law nearly daily. He was the one who performed miracles on the Sabbath and stopped the stoning of an adulteress woman, a man who hung out with prostitutes and Roman tax collectors.

Your quote which speaks of sword and division has everything to do with obedience to God the father and creating a new spiritual family and nothing to do with physical warfare.

Christ healed the man's ear whow as cut by Peter when he was being taken away to be interrogated by the Sanhedrin.

John 18:36: Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

we do not fight with weapons at all:

2 Corinthians 10:3-4: 3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.

Check your facts, JACK.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 08:51 AM       
The John quote is not good for your case as he is saying he is not afraid to die due to knowledge of his ascension to heaven. It clearly states that without life after death his followers would be willing to fight to protect him.

10:3 Though we live in the flesh we do not wage war after the flesh.

Saying thier war is for souls not bodies.

Your Corinthians 10:4 quote is butchered like your earlier quote. Im going to suggest you get a King James bible instead of whatever hacked up version you happen to be looking at now.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.)

It is a message to the Christians of Corinth trying to bolster thier faith in times of trouble. Though they may not be strong physically thier faith can move mountains basically.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 10:31 AM       
"it is debated on the number,"

AAAAAAAGH!!!!
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM       
" we do not fight with weapons at all"

Well, so much for soldiering being the noblest profession. I agree with you, Jesus was a radical peacenik and expected as much of his followers. Why tout the superiority of a religion you not only don't follow, but who's values you flaunt? What does it matter what club you claim to belong to. Call yourself a Zoroastrian for all I care.

Who knows what the Jeeze would have done were he sexual at all? Concidering he mostly hung with dudes, have you considered the possability he was a fag? I know the bible doesn't mention him doing guys, but it doesn't mention him pooping either, and I bet he did. Are you championing his lack of sexuality? You who list intercourse as one of the few worthwhile things in life?

I think the Superman comics are superior to Christianity, cause not only is the last son of Krypton as moral as Jesus, he can FLY an he has HEAT VISION! Or if you don't believe in Jesus, I think Ghandi was superior, because we know for a fact what he did, and in the case of Mohamed and Jesus we only have ancient texts.

IN ADDITION, polygammy and marriage to pre pubescent women was not at all unusual. Often females were betrothed when they were still infants, and that doesn't mean the biblical world was rife with baby sex. There wasn't much point in sex prior to the ability to have children, especially when you already had other wives who could. You speculate Mohamed was a pediophile because you are a repulsive person with a need to feel your 'clubs' are better than other peoples. You want to feel your religion is better and makes you better? Try practicing it.