Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM        Bhutto assassinated
It's being reported that the Pakistani Government systematically reduced protections around her, making the assassination almost inevitable.

So much violence, and so much more undoubtedly to come in it's wake. So sad.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 09:26 PM       
I actually don't think Musharraf is involved. Don't see what he has to gain by assassinating her. In fact I think he has much to lose, as we'll see...
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM       
It's going to be interesting to see which way this blade swings.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 10:59 PM       
yeah my moms in karachi right now and she says shit really hit the fan over there, and people are rioting like no other. she's suppose to come back on tuesday and needless to say I'm scared shitless.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 11:00 PM       
I hope she's alright, scru :<
Mocker
Old Dec 27th, 2007, 11:12 PM       
everyone in my family got inside ok, and they're all pretty much in lockdown right now.

so I'm watching CNN right now and it's supper annoying because it's just talking about how the assassination will affect the iowa caucuses.

on the pakistani geo network it's just showing the same 5 clips of car fires and people bashing in windows of a bus.

media sucks.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 12:06 AM       
I hope she is able to make it back this coming Tuesday.
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 12:09 AM       
i saw he news on CNN & BBC after i came back from my work, 12.45am (my time)
and really, i shocked... SHITLESS

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 05:15 AM       
Okay class, today's assignment is to combine this news with the announcement that human-to-human avian flu was reported in Pakistan on the exact same day into a survival-mechanism-type joke. While an eschatological theme is suggested, it is not necessary.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 12:04 PM       
I saw this on the news. Now you may wish to sit down as I tell you this.

On one side of the screen you saw chaos as people are rioting. Buildings are burning and people are dieing.

The other side has some idiot in a suit standing in front of what looks like a bar graph in the background.

This idiot and the newscaster start talking about how the assassination is going to cause problems for wall street.

While we see the chaos and destruction they calmly proceed with thier discussion about dow jones etc... As if there was not anything wrong at all.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 01:39 PM       
You weren't, by any chance, watching the financial segment of the news report, were you?

I'll agree that its bad to ask those questions and the questions about this will affect the presidential race this early, but they are questions that need to be asked.

An event happened. What are its immediate and long term effects.

Scru, I hope your family is OK and they make it out soon. I can't imagine what you're going through.

I'm reading the Pakistani government has officially pinned this on al Queda.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM       
Yeah, this has a huge impact on the whole world. But they really didn't need to have a running video of mass chaos running. Just the bar graph and the 2 money guys would do. But shock sells, so that is why they do that.

I'm bummed for Scru. But I have a feeling that they'll get out safe, shaken up, but safe.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM       
Thats the point I was trying to make tadao. As for you Scr I hope your family stays safe. family is pretty important.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM       
Yeah, pretty sick huh? Do you remeber what news channel did it? Hope it wasn't local news. Sometimes I watch fox for a few minutes just to see how much the up the shock bar.
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM       
Not sure I usually do not watch the news I just happened across it.

I do remember it was a woman doing the questioning. My father in law was here watching TV and hes a channel flipper but the last one I saw before catching that was CNN.

Although I wouldnt put it past any news channel to do that to boost thier viewers.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM       
I'm a little behind but did anybody give a full explanation why an autopsy on bhutto's body had been denied? There have been several explanations on the cause of her death, why wouldn't they want to do an autopsy to clear things up? Something stinks.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:44 PM       
Controlled demolition, probably.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:48 PM       
Geggy's posts are better if you imagine the guy in his avatar is shouting "CONSPIRACY?!"
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:51 PM       
CONSPIRACY!

Although it seems pretty certain that it was either bullets or shrapnal. Not exactly something an autopsy is needed for.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM       
Well, there are religious beliefs that would prevent and autopsy. Not sure that applies here, but it wouldn't be off the scale of reason.

I'd be less interested in her body and more in the attacker's.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM       
Yeah, I bet he works out.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM       
Actually, I imagine Geggy looking like the old pro wrester Goldust, were he a blogger/truther.
Mocker
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 11:28 PM       
so my mom and brother came back today, and they were telling me about how nutty it was over there, and it sounds like a couple people keeping a lot down in fear. Like my mom told me that the PPP supporters would go up to gas station owners and tell them to shut down the pumps or they'd burn them down.

and a lot more fucked up stuff like that.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Well, there are religious beliefs that would prevent and autopsy. Not sure that applies here, but it wouldn't be off the scale of reason.

I'd be less interested in her body and more in the attacker's.
wouldnt an autospy be a crucial part of an investigation and help find the lead to the assassin by matching the bullet to a gun? an autopsy is mandatory under pakistan's criminal law in this type of case anyway. but if you want to be disinterested in the truth and blindly believe that al-qaeda evil doers did it without any shred of evidence, then be my guest.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice View Post
so my mom and brother came back today, and they were telling me about how nutty it was over there, and it sounds like a couple people keeping a lot down in fear. Like my mom told me that the PPP supporters would go up to gas station owners and tell them to shut down the pumps or they'd burn them down.

and a lot more fucked up stuff like that.
I'm really really really really glad they're alright.