Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AlienGremlin is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:44 AM       
I thought Baxter was originally black in the comics. Meh I caught bits & pieces as I weaved my way in and out of conciousness this morning. I liked the origin bits. I think it's good. But perhaps Armada has dropped my expectations of re-made old cartoons.

Oh and Beast Wars kicked ass, and would have been better if the writters had gotten a decent chance to conclude the series instead of being ordered to end it so the new Beast Machines toys could get on the shelves faster. Beast Machines made me want to commit seppuku with a ballpoint pen.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
And April's new look reminds me of how they "hip-ified" the characters in X-Men Evolution.
What would you prefer? That they stay looking all shitty like they did on the old Fox toon? And April is HOT now! I think the new turtles is a wee bit gay what with the shell puns etc (and the new theme song is fucking GARBAGE) but I think it's got potential.

I also love x-men: evolution
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:41 PM       
Well... yeah. I mean, April is supposed to be a TV reporter in her late 20's, wearing a yellow jumpsuit. It's her trademark.

Then again, I'd also prefer they stop remaking and shitifying cartoons.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:42 PM       
While we're on the subject, is there any reason why the original cartoon was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles? Something to do with copyrights or trademarking, maybe?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
I still watch x-men evolution cause it's x-men and I can't not watch it, but the pathetic attempts they make at appealing to a younger audience are so horribly lame that I shake my head in disgust at least 3 times a show. The episode they showed on saturday for me was the one where they find out toad's a mutant and the "music" they play in the background and the way the characters act is just fucking stupid. Also, cyclops blasted a non mutant without his special visor on. Full blast no eye protection to lower the power...and the kid survived. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. The guy is blasting through walls with a lowered strength shot one minute, and the next he only knocks a guy back with FULL STRENGTH. Annoys the hell outta me

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:59 PM       
FS, over in your neck of the woods, they changed "Ninja" to "Hero" because of some sort of odd censorship against Ninjas. I don't really know the right words for it, because I don't remember what is wrong with Ninjas over there.
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 03:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington
I still watch x-men evolution cause it's x-men and I can't not watch it, but the pathetic attempts they make at appealing to a younger audience are so horribly lame that I shake my head in disgust at least 3 times a show. The episode they showed on saturday for me was the one where they find out toad's a mutant and the "music" they play in the background and the way the characters act is just fucking stupid. Also, cyclops blasted a non mutant without his special visor on. Full blast no eye protection to lower the power...and the kid survived. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. The guy is blasting through walls with a lowered strength shot one minute, and the next he only knocks a guy back with FULL STRENGTH. Annoys the hell outta me
haha, I saw that one and shook my head too. But, the music and the hip factor aside, I still think it's a good show. Maybe because I have crushes on all the girls on it or something, I dunno.

As for April, I HATED that yellow jump suit and I'm happy to see it leave, bugger continuity!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:02 PM       
Daphne, are you a lesbian or bisexual? Because if you're a lesbian, I guess we can't have all the sex.

Anyway, what I also hate about XME, is the continuity problems. I mean, granted, the other X-Men cartoon had it's minor continuity errors, but this is just wrong. Wolverine as Professor X's aid? Everyone around the same age, going to school together? Mystique and Magneto running a school to catch mutants?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:14 PM       
RE-MAKE HAIKU

Saw the new cartoon
Thought it sucked long donkey cocks
My childhood is ruined

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:21 PM       
European ninjas are outlawed!

They never seem to have tried to censor Michaelangelo's nunchakus, though.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 04:45 PM       
From Nintendoland.com

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
One thing that the TMNT and Ninja Gaiden have in common is that their titles both contains the word "Ninja" and, as I explained in the text above, this was a too dangerous word for European kids to hear so the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was forced to be renamed to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles! As a consequence, the games that Konami released in Japan and the US was also renamed. In facts ALL Turtles thing sold in Europe was renamed! How silly!!!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 05:37 PM       

I think most comics and toys were named "Ninja", though. Or maybe that's was just changed after a few years. Time to look up the old merchandising.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
Daphne, are you a lesbian or bisexual? Because if you're a lesbian, I guess we can't have all the sex.
I'm not a lesbian, but I'm engaged.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 12:58 PM       
That's what? Rejection #10004 for Jamesman.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 01:24 PM       
Let's follow Jamesman into every thread, say something pathetic that we think is biting, then add a laughing emoticon!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:31 PM       
Why don't you fuck him already?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Why don't you?

*Note that I don't expect you to see this as anything but a 'comeback.'
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:21 PM       
If it isn't a comeback what is it? :/
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:25 PM       
In the original comic, yes, Stockman was black and April was his assistant. The reporter in the yellow jumpsuit was, sadly, a fabrication for the Fox TV series.

On another note: I haven't seen the new series yet. I gave up on Saturday Morning Cartoons when they took Michelangelo's nunchucks away and gave him a stupid ass grappling hook.
"Hey guys, I can't beat anyone up anymore... but uhh, you wanna go fishing after this?"

I watched one episode of XME. Turned it off. They were too busy centering around Storm's nephew or whoever he is, the guy with spikes. The Fox series was better here, too. ::sighs::

More childhood idols smashed into bits. Dear God, they even have to re-do He-Man now? AGAIN?!?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:05 PM       
I'll have to double check that. I have a ton of Mirage Turtles comics, but I don't remember Baxter being black (or even in them).

Then again, this was 12 years ago.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:39 PM       
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/

If you look in the Interviews section I believe, Laird himself says that April was originally Stockman's assistant. It's not PC for him to just outright say, "And yea, Stockman was black" so neither of us or anyone else for that matter is technically right. But I'll go with it for now, I suppose.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
I watched one episode of XME. Turned it off. They were too busy centering around Storm's nephew or whoever he is, the guy with spikes. The Fox series was better here, too. ::sighs::

I fucking hate Spike, he's the one thing i can't stand about that show. He is living with the Morlocks now, let's hope he stays there and never comes back.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface

I fucking hate Spike, he's the one thing i can't stand about that show. He is living with the Morlocks now, let's hope he stays there and never comes back.
Ugh. He should have never been put on the show. Annoying "skater" kid who can shoot spikes. Woo . You just know they made him black to be politically correct too

That was very funny. Well done.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:44 PM       
I don't know ANYONE that read the comics or watched the old Fox show that liked that damn character. Can we say "SCARPPY DAPPY DOO"?!?
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:18 AM       
nice analogy!
That's too funny, he's even Storm's 'nephew' so it's really apt.