Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:41 PM       
He thinks that Fox news is horrible but he still trusts their reports when they coincide with his opinions. No, of course he can't see it.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #177  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
He thinks that Fox news is horrible but he still trusts their reports when they coincide with his opinions. No, of course he can't see it.
I don't trust Fox News. I trust the 30,000+ scientists that are taking the Global Warming Hoax to court.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Dude. Cant you see your thread has been hijacked?
lol, its not my thread.... Its Tadeo's
Reply With Quote
  #178  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:55 PM       
And you trust John Coleman... Who thinks that global warming is not being perpetrated by the wealthy but by the mysterious New World Government or a movement which is trying to establish a World Government... Ok. Good luck with that.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
lol, its not my thread.... Its Tadeo's
Everyone here knows why this thread was created, besides you of course.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM       
Tadeo has a good point.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Supafly345 Supafly345 is offline
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: More like DIEwan
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
30,000 scientists sue Al Gore over Global Warming / Climate Change Hoax.

It's so sad that we have to get our Global Warming news from a garbage heap station like Fox news.......especially on the ridiculously late and immature show Red Eye..... but that's what happens when your censored.
This has been discredited due to not only having zero climatologists in the list of signatures, but over half of them have only have bachelors degrees and barely any had a degree in any field of science whatsoever. Some were found only have associate degrees.
And the people who signed aren't taking anyone to court, the guy who started the petition is. Or threatening to, I doubt it will ever reach court as its an empty publicity stunt to stir up distrust.
__________________
"Quote from some guy I think is funny."
-Some guy I think is funny
Reply With Quote
  #182  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:17 PM       
Here's a quick article from Skeptic.com about that petition. Misleading By Petition
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Supafly345 Supafly345 is offline
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: More like DIEwan
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM       
I was wrong then, it was NEARLY half.
__________________
"Quote from some guy I think is funny."
-Some guy I think is funny
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM       
Yeah, but someone is suing, so it must have merit!
Reply With Quote
  #185  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM       
Or at least he said that he would. That's basically doing it though, right?
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Esuohlim Esuohlim is offline
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: TO-DO LIST: WATCH TWIN PEAKS. CALL MOM.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
Don't listen to any of these people, Coolinator. Your decision to stand up for your beliefs and not give into groupthink like these other bozos is respectable.

What's a global warming btw
__________________


YOU MUST SPREAD SOME REPUTATION AROUND BEFORE GIVING IT TO SAM AGAIN
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Don't listen to any of these people, Coolinator. Your decision to stand up for your beliefs and not give into groupthink like these other bozos is respectable.

What's a global warming btw
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
This has been discredited due to not only having zero climatologists in the list of signatures, but over half of them have only have bachelors degrees and barely any had a degree in any field of science whatsoever. Some were found only have associate degrees.
But that doesn't matter, Supe. Remember? Anyone in a lab coat with a pocket protector and glasses can call themselves a "scientist" - they're all over the news! Look, here's a link that proves it:

CLICK HERE TO BE DAZZLED BY SCIENCE!

EDIT: Oooopsie. This blogger doesn't agree with Coolie. He can't be right, he must be funded by the BIG CORPORATE LOGOS!
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Supafly345 Supafly345 is offline
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: More like DIEwan
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 11:40 PM       
That's embarrassing, and wouldn't be possible if more of the public was science-literate. Not even most graduate students understand the scientific process.

The climate denial movement has been using the same exact tactics as the creationist/intelligent design movement: active circumvention of the scientific process, adopting sciency names for their publicity groups, taking science to court as if you can argue fact into being wrong, and never publicly going head to head with the science they are trying to discredit. The question on what science to believe has always been easily answered by what do most scientist believe, and the general public should always stick by that instead of trying to find justifications for their own pre-existing beliefs.
__________________
"Quote from some guy I think is funny."
-Some guy I think is funny
Reply With Quote
  #191  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
This has been discredited due to not only having zero climatologists.
I would say that having zero Climatologists gives the petition more validity. Most of your Climatologists are probably taking hand outs from some privately funded Global Warming foundation that pushes the myth. That's why all of their work is either falsified or just blatantly wrong. They are paid to find Global Warming no matter what; they have been given the conclusion to their study before it even starts and they are forced through monetary incentives to manipulate the data to prove it. It's what they call in the field.....Bad Science.

And SupaFly, you can keep saying that everything I put down is "discredited", please give us a better argument.

Please tell us why there has not been a public debate about Man Made Global Warming?

Please tell us why CO2 levels were much higher in the historical record and why global temperature stayed the same?

Please tell us why in medieval times we had a warming period without the use of factories or cars?

Please tell us why Ex-Global Warming Scientists say none of it is true and why existing Climatologists are always wrong and have been caught falsifying their findings?

and finally,

Please tell us why a Carbon Tax and Cap and Trade system will save the planet?

Thank you.


Quote:
Science Dictionary

climatology (klī'mə-tŏl'ə-jē) Pronunciation Key

The scientific study of climates, including the causes and long-term effects of variation in regional and global climates. Climatology also studies how climate changes over time and is affected by human actions.


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Climatologist

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 18th, 2010 at 11:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolie
I would say that having zero Climatologists gives the petition more validity. Most of your Climatologists are probably taking hand outs from some privately funded Global Warming foundation that pushes the myth. That's why all of their work is either falsified or just blatantly wrong. They are paid to find Global Warming no matter what; they have been given the conclusion to their study before it even starts and they are forced through monetary incentives to manipulate the data to prove it. It's what they call in the field.....Bad Science.
Coolie, you just don't get it, do you? "All of their work is either falsified or just blatantly wrong." Really? In what peer-reviewed journal have you seen this information?

In fact, only a fraction of the data has been found to be misrepresented, and even when that has been corrected and taken into account, the correlation between CO2 increasing and OVERALL global warming remains valid. It is not refutable by anyone literate in the scientific community. Again, not to sound like a broken record, but the major sticking point between the skeptics and the proponents of AGW in the scientific community is that of CAUSALITY. There is no believing or denying, except among those who have no real knowledge.

You claim the climatologists are "probably taking hand outs from some privately funded Global Warming foundation" - Which foundation? Which climatologists? You can't provide any examples, besides internet links to blogs and op-ed pieces. Yet you BELIEVE it to be true. (How ironic of you.)

You call this all "Bad Science".

Supe is right, you sound like member of the creationist movement. And, unfortunately, I'm being as objective as I can be.
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM       
The cooling and warming of the globe is a natural cycle that we do not affect. You're attempting to take a well documented climate cycle and load it down with myths. Please differentiate between fact and fiction. Please answer the questions above.

Quote:
the correlation between CO2 increasing and OVERALL global warming remains valid
^ I understand your meaning behind correlation and causation but their ideology has and always will fall into the categories of Myths and Legends. Furthermore, there is a graph only a few posts backs that completely debunks this and underneath that same graph is a quote from an article that backs up that point.


Quote:
You claim the climatologists are "probably taking hand outs from some privately funded Global Warming foundation" - Which foundation? Which climatologists? You can't provide any examples, besides internet links to blogs and op-ed pieces. Yet you BELIEVE it to be true. (How ironic of you.)
The IPCC is in blatant collusion with foundations that fund Climatologists that agree with Man Made Global Warming. They only publish scientists that believe in the myth and most of them have been found incorrect.

........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post


you sound like member of the creationist movement.
Speaking of irony,

Did anyone else slightly chuckle at the allegation of me having the same mind set as Creationists while zealously being called a Heretic for not bowing before the altar of Man Made Global Warming.

Like John Coleman said on that filthy show Red Eye.....it has truly become an religion.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 18th, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:18 PM       
Question: How do you argue the point of scientific truth (not belief, or ideology but truth, demonstrable through what we know about physics, chemistry and/or mathematics) with a non-scientist?

Answer: You can't.

Back to ignore. It's much less aggravating.

EDIT: That graph to which you allude has a time-axis of hundreds of millions of years. We are looking on the order of a few hundred thousand years, or about the last millimeter of the time-axis.

See above point on arguing with a non-scientist.
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Mar 18th, 2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: one more thing
Reply With Quote
  #196  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post

Back to ignore.
All I wanted was a Hug.....just one Hug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
No no Colonel, back to the sports forum to talk Madness with me man!
I'm going back to the video game forum. I need to make an important thread about my love affair with the old school Might & Magic RPG series and how I need to strive harder to make time in my life to finish MM6 and MM8.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
I'm there, dude! [/hijack]
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I would say that having zero Climatologists gives the petition more validity. Most of your Climatologists are probably taking hand outs from some privately funded Global Warming foundation that pushes the myth. That's why all of their work is either falsified or just blatantly wrong. They are paid to find Global Warming no matter what; they have been given the conclusion to their study before it even starts and they are forced through monetary incentives to manipulate the data to prove it. It's what they call in the field.....Bad Science.

And SupaFly, you can keep saying that everything I put down is "discredited", please give us a better argument.

Please tell us why there has not been a public debate about Man Made Global Warming?

Please tell us why CO2 levels were much higher in the historical record and why global temperature stayed the same?

Please tell us why in medieval times we had a warming period without the use of factories or cars?

Please tell us why Ex-Global Warming Scientists say none of it is true and why existing Climatologists are always wrong and have been caught falsifying their findings?

and finally,

Please tell us why a Carbon Tax and Cap and Trade system will save the planet?

Thank you.
Do you read all of the posts in here or what? I love how you're still on about the cap and trade thing even though no one is supporting that here. I also love how you are saying that, essentially, if someone is an expert in something then their opinion regarding that subject is null and void. So I guess if I need surgery I shouldn't go to a surgeon but to a convenience store clerk?

Your entire argument is still that global warming is not real because it is not real. You have no evidence to support your side and you ignore the evidence presented to you that shows how you are mistaken. Therefore there can be no debate as you are just as flawed as those from whom you take your sources of information and are evidently incapable of thinking in abstract ways. You are stuck in the box.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #199  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
(Puts words in Coolinators Mouth).
If you have a better argument then please express yourself freely. I won't be here though. I will be in the video game forum professing my love for the Might & Magic series. Which sadly I have little or no time to play.

Dam you corporate serfdom!!!! How I long to frolic in the fields of Erathia!
Reply With Quote
  #200  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:51 PM       
How can I have a better argument if you only ignore it. You've already stated how experts should be completely disregarded, so then where can I get information from? I'd have to be just like you and quote from made up studies and people who didn't actually know what they were talking about.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.