Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned

Free Yourself is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 04:47 PM       
i played the demo, it was awesome

8ullfrog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 07:42 AM       
Okay, some people on the internet are saying that securom is not a rootkit. Technically it is not, but it installs a windows service that can modify files. And download things without telling you. But it's not a rootkit!

I got the xbox 360 version, and now the big daddy is next to my xbox.
And master chief is behind him with a shotgun. heh.

Some of the plasmids are pretty creepy but the bee one seems kind of useless.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM       
The game's fun, the game's good. If you own a 360, or a PC that can make it look pretty (kudos if you do), then do yourself a favor and buy it.

Fucking love the story.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:34 AM       
Any windows service can be turned off. I remain skeptical that any modern program would actually install a service without your express consent, anyway.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM       
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/25/s...ith-a-rootkit/

It's really not a rootkit, you idiot. SecuROM just adds things to the registry.

"Gaming Bob, who originated this story, has also retracted his analysis of the DRM as being a rootkit, and posted up some easier instructions for removing the SecuROM service, so it looks like it's indeed safe to come out and play."
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM       
You know, I was fully prepared to buy this game on Steam, but it seems like downloading a pirated copy is actually less trouble when you consider having to rip SecuROM out of your system and only being able to install the game 5 times before the copy you've legally purchased is disabled. They did the same shit with this business software I bought, and as a result I'll just pirate the shit from now on.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM       
I just beat it and got the good ending. Really, really fucking fun game but felt kinda short.

That was very funny. Well done.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM       
I tried this at a friend's house since my computer can barely withstand Age of Empires II. I really like checking out the environment then the actual fighting (much like my experiences with the Grand Theft Autos). I thought it was really basic First Person Shooting stuff that I can barely stand (despite the whole mutations things), but I liked what I played.

Also I ended up "harvesting" a girl when my friend was doing the brown stuff. He then informed me not to when he came back. Whoops

Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM       
Is it any harder on the PC or the 360? Or just the same?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM       
It doesn't really matter, nomatter how hard it is- you revive like 5 feet away if you die.
I've got all the achievements but the tonics, diaries, upgrading weapons, and some secret which I heard you can only get by not killing that artist fag.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan View Post
Is it any harder on the PC or the 360? Or just the same?
the hell kind of question is this?

beat this game last night. Definitely one of the better games I have played in a while.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM       
I think he's asking whether the slightly-more-limited 360 controller is easier or harder to use than a keyboard and mouse.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 05:02 PM       
I only played it on Xbox 360 but I'd say the analog sticks work good for this game. It's excellent so far.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 05:38 PM       
I would say the keyboard and mouse are easier to use than analog sticks in just about any FPS.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM       
We've had this discussion before and I still think it's up to personal preference. If you play console games more, you'll probably be better at console shooters. The same goes for PC games.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM       
Yes, definitely personal comfort will be the biggest factor for... people.

I personally prefer the keyboard mouse because you can turn/aim as fast or as slow as you want.

Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM       
I'll probably get it on the PC anyway. Even though the 360's price is really low now.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 12:13 AM       
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...ation-BioShock
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:27 AM       
Am I the only one who thought this game was an overhyped piece of shit replica of System Shock? I mean it looks nice, if you have a water fetish... The concept is enough to make it a great game story-wise, but not in any way revolutionary and groundbreaking like everyones making it out to be. The game is incredibly easy to beat, you couldn't run out of ammo if you wanted, and the respawn points are so close to the action most of the time, that you might as well resurrect on the spot.

Fuck you Bioshock I fucking hate you
Dirty Girl
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:29 AM       
I just watched that review and whoever made that is a saint
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM       
that review was magical. I loved this game until I rented it and realized theres not real penalty for dying. Thats what made me dislike prey after 20 minutes and its the same thing here.
Dirty Girl
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM       
That's what i'm saying they want the game to be all spooky but enemies are easy to beat and if you die you spawn really close. So after awhile I found myself just charging into enemies, failing to use any kind of strategy to stay alive because I didn't have to.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM       
so is that what you're looking for in a game? something that punishes you? did you actually LIKE getting XP debt or something? a game can be good without opening up your chest and taking a shit on your lungs each time you die.
was never good
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 03:07 PM       
They have a point, Prime 3 only takes off 5 health (out of however many multiples of 100 health you may have at the time) for leaping to your death, so you quickly learn to not be scared of the terrain at all, which makes a lot of situations more methodical than intense.

The risk of failure is what improves the sense of success. For similar reasons, GOD MODE isn't automatically set to ON for most games (excepting Prey & Bible Stories).
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 08:45 PM       
well sure, but to HATE a game that is actually pretty damn good just because you're too masochistic for it is silly. try NOT dying or something.