Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 09:11 PM        The War at Home
Guys, this show is really pushing the envelope. In the first episode alone they dealt with topics of homosexuality, racism, and dating! ALL IN THE FIRST EPISODE! What can we expect from the rest of the season?! I'M FILLED TO THE BRIM--WITH EXCITEMENT
Aneurysm is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM       
Don't forget sex, also. Risky.
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM       
I watched this show for five minutes, then I started reading while waiting for the next show to come on. Then, the voices of the stupid characters grated on me. So I changed the channel, and I found the static on that channel to be better. Stupid goddamn show.

WorthlessLiar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM       
Risqu'e

I have officially given up on live action sitcoms (the traditional laugh-track kind anyway). Actually, I gave up on them well before this. I was just waiting for Family Guy to come on.

Seriously, you would have to be an asshole with no appreciation for actual comedy to find this stuff funny.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:40 PM       
Any show with a laugh-track is awful. Most sitcoms are cookie-cutter off-the-assembly-line pieces of shit and there hasn't been an innovative one since...I don't know, Seinfeld, probably.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthlessLiar
I was just waiting for Family Guy to come on.
Which is how this show is going to stay on the air for several seasons: People waiting for Family Guy.
Level 29 ♂
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM       
That's why they show Family Guy after all the shit. They know nobody wants to watch the new Simpsons, but the 7/8 PM timeslot completely sucks on every other channel, so people tune in and watch the Simspons anyway, and then cry themselves to sleep about how bad it is. At least, I do.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC so I think this show will probably make it to its third episode before Fox damns it to the 9:30 pm slot every wednesday.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 01:49 PM       
I wanna fuck the daughter though

That was very funny. Well done.
Aneurysm is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 02:22 PM       
This show will fail. They hyped it too much, and noone will watch it. Like Johnny Zero. . .and every other new show Fox has put out.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
so people tune in and watch the Simspons anyway, and then cry themselves to sleep about how bad it is. At least, I do.
Oh fuck, the Simpsons. I had only watched one episode all year last year. I watched yesterdays and I just got all angry. After this year the ratio for bad seasons will be 9:17 AND THAT'S MORE THAN HALF

And yes my ratio is right I'm good at math.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM       
I'm not.
I failed Algebra 2 times
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM       
x squared + y squared = c squared is a CIRCLE

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM       
Simpsons wasn't that bad, stop whining. It's not going to be super-stellar forever and ever and all time. Just let it be.

I like Mike Rapaport and honestly wouldn't mind seeing a few more episodes of this show, but that's because i like shitty sitcoms. Drew Carey, for instance. I love that show, but it was ever so rare to find a funny episode not involving Mr. Wick. I also enjoyed Grounded for Life, which War at Home MYSTERIOUSLY resembles. Titus was also fun. The list goes on :-/
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:55 PM       
I only watch That '70s Show for the hot girls

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 04:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Simpsons wasn't that bad, stop whining. It's not going to be super-stellar forever and ever and all time. Just let it be.
Fuck dude. No. I don't care how much you love this show. The new episodes are fucking terrible and you can go fuck yourself if you disagree. Normally I agree with ya on most things but you are so wrong here. The simpsons have been on a steadly decline since season 10 or so. Not only that, they blatantly rip off family guy now, which is fucking stupid considering how they were apparently very pissed off and accusing seth mcfarlane of ripping off the simpsons. Damn near every one of my friends loves the simpsons too and even the dumber ones who don't get a lot of the jokes can't stand this dumbed down, low brow trash they're putting out now.

Fuck, another thing that pisses me off is how it used to be a show that almost could've been live action instead of animated. The new ones are so fucking out there and stupid. It's not always a bad thing in shows like this (look at family guy) but not only does it not work in the simpsons' world, but they can't make it funny. The writers are fucking awful now.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:02 PM       
I don't think it was ever on a decline. I think it took a tremendous drop about 4 years ago into a show of cheap laughs. I still find many things funny while watching it, but it isn't as subtle as it once was, and really shouldn't reach the same audience as the audience from ten years ago.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:12 PM       
on a similiar note I've hated every single episode of the new family guy I've seen just because every thing is an awkwardly placed flashback. It use to be funny once in a while, but then it started taking over and slowly budging out any remnance of a plot. on another similiar not I really really like last nights American Dad.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:26 PM       
I liked American Dad only when Patrick Stewart sang Oingo Boingo but I'm still mad at what it did to Arrested Development

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:38 PM       
Oingo Boingo reference (not involving Weird Science) in anything!
Also I though War at Home was alright from what I saw of it. I've always had a soft spot for Rapaport since True Romance, what can I say.
The Wolf
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 01:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
I don't think it was ever on a decline. I think it took a tremendous drop about 4 years ago into a show of cheap laughs. I still find many things funny while watching it, but it isn't as subtle as it once was, and really shouldn't reach the same audience as the audience from ten years ago.
I dunno, I'd say it was a gradual process. Once it got to like season 10/11 it changed into a different kind of show. The jokes and characters changed slightly and it was still fucking funny but after about 2 seasons of that it changed too much and really started to suck.

So yeah, I definitely see what you mean about it dropping about 4 years ago (almost exactly that long ago, now that I think about it) but I still think it was changing before that.

Anyway, the new episodes are pretty much unwatchable. There's maybe one or two laughs an episode and every now and then they ruin it by dragging out a joke for too long...Family guy can pull that off sometimes but the writers of the simpsons don't seem to know how. They just changed it too drastically and got shitty writers, I guess. Seriously...having homer turn into a gay minister and shit like that is just fucking stupid. It's dumbed down to ridiculous levels. They don't hint at otto being stoned anymore, they show him with a joint. They don't hint at patty being a dyke, they fucking make an episode about it.

Ugh!

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 01:36 AM       
I thought of a slogan Fox can use to promote War At Home:

9/11's New Disaster
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 01:47 AM       
I think Supafly said what i didn't know i was thinking. Simpsons is definitely less subtle now, but my opinion on how good it is can be nullified by how i mentioned i like bad sitcoms, because that's essentially what it's become.

I like the new Family Guy episodes too, but its flaws are beginning to show in that it runs too long with jokes that are only meant to be funny because of their length, they overuse the "this is how people talk in awkward situatuions" gags, and the "this is how people talk to/about other things in real life" gag. I do appreciate Peter's horrible actions towards Meg, though.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 11:37 AM       
Exactly, that's what I'm starting to really dislike about Family Guy. The Helen Keller/Marco Polo joke fro yesterday's episode is the perfect example of a drawn-out joke that was rare in the first three seasons, but now I think they've fit one just like it into every 4th season episode so far.

Level 29 ♂
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 11:55 AM       
Would they have even had to do the stupid flashback with that one? The joke would've been funny on its own, provided you knew who Hellen Keller was. If you're too god damn stupid to get the joke you don't DESERVE to laugh